Storage Hunters UK - October 28th from 8pm (on Dave)

miss_astridmiss_astrid Posts: 1,808
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone else going to be watching this? Starts October the 28th with a double episode (8pm & 8:30pm) on Dave.

Yesterday Sean Kelly tweeted the start date of this programme: https://twitter.com/SeanKellyComedy/status/521694547399938049

I can't wait personally. I'm a sucker for the US version of Storage Hunters, and I think Sean Kelly is a diamond (and funny, too!) so I'm so glad he's going to be the auctioneer in the UK version too.

The only thing that could make the programme better would be if some of the stars of the US version turned up to bid (I know some of them have been in the UK lately [like Jesse] - so there's hope!). But I'm not too fussed if they don't, simply because Sean Kelly is in the programme. He's what makes it watchable for me, if it was a new auctioneer I don't think I'd tune in.

Comments

• Claire_albaClaire_alba Posts: 769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad Sean is doing it but please no Team Brandori or Jesse. If they want to sneak in a 'lesser' one for a show fair enough, one of the 'tame' ones like Desert Dan. Just hpe they dont try to 'copy' the way the Americans are
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This type of relatively cheap to produce show seems to be breeding and "cloning" well, being repeated ad infinitum. I got sick of Team Brandori, Jesse and Dave a year ago.

I think the whole idea has been done to death. Shame because it was unmissable TV when it first came to our screens, you knew it was mostly contrived, as only the same people turned up for the auctions, with a few additions, so not to give the game away, but that didn't seem to matter.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    I've had previews, I love it :) (and not only cos I know most of the cast rather well :p)
  • miss_astridmiss_astrid Posts: 1,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pothuthic wrote: »
    I've had previews, I love it :) (and not only cos I know most of the cast rather well :p)
    Oh wow, lucky you! :kitty:

How are the cast members in the UK series? Are there any rivalries yet (like Brandon & Lori vs Jesse)?

And did you get to meet the legend that is Sean Kelly? I love him so much. :blush:
  • FinalAnswer?FinalAnswer? Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as it's not as fake as the US version, I'm in.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    Oh wow, lucky you! :kitty:

How are the cast members in the UK series? Are there any rivalries yet (like Brandon & Lori vs Jesse)?

And did you get to meet the legend that is Sean Kelly? I love him so much. :blush:

I can see a few rivalries, but they all have a lot of chemistry with each other, which is a perfect balance.

I did meet Sean, I attended an event hosted by UKTV, I was waiting outside with all the fellow journalists and security made Sean stand outside with all of us cos he thought he was a visitor rather than performing at the event :D he took it very well and was sitting there chatting to everyone, genuinely fantastic guy :)

Look out for Linda, Dan, John and Natalie on the series, all 4 are lovely :)
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as it's not as fake as the US version, I'm in.

I have seen the preview and the so called bidders all look like actors.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    http://dave.uktv.co.uk/shows/storage-hunters-uk/

The trailers are amusing, particularly the one where the v/o guy says "Oh no, he's off again.. break out the taser" or wtte
  • AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's on now, so far looking good... :D
  • 111roy111111roy111 Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    Not impressed with it so far.
  • Seth1Seth1 Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me neither. Sean's great as always, but they're a dull bunch.
  • treasurehuntertreasurehunter Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Fake auctions and fake bidders.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    This "Boom" fella is just trying to get himself noticed like the American bunch probably thinks it will make him a z list celebrity.
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    Didn't think it would be possible to make the American version look realistic but this does it,
  • FinalAnswer?FinalAnswer? Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caltonfan wrote: »
    Didn't think it would be possible to make the American version look realistic but this does it,

This. Us Brits are clearly not good enough actors :D

It also feels incredibly, incredibly cheap
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Hate them all (except Sean) already. Won't be tuning in for this bunch of morons again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This. Us Brits are clearly not good enough actors :D

It also feels incredibly, incredibly cheap

British actors are good, random fame hungry chavs tend not to be RADA standard though. Also the only person on the show I find at all interesting is Monopoly Dan, who is very much like Jesse. Mr Boom, The Scouse Brandon and Lori and the Essex blonde all seem like people you'd run a mile from, let alone cross the street to avoid.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    I don't know I think Linda (Over excited woman) is funny
  • treasurehuntertreasurehunter Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    £1000 for a Tony's Restaurant sign? That's nonsense.

At least try and make them look like real auctions. You can't just walk straight in and start rooting around after bidding. You have to pay first.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £1000 for a Tony's Restaurant sign? That's nonsense.

At least try and make them look like real auctions. You can't just walk straight in and start rooting around after bidding. You have to pay first.

Each of those signs is probably worth between 120 and 300 if functional, only the CASH and BLISS signs might be worth near that amount.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    I didn't think units were allowed to be auctioned off in this country or am I missing something??

I'm more of a wars than a lockers watcher but I do like Sean, we can't do these sort of shows as pawn stars UK is dire and I'm not taken to this at all.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This "Boom" fella is just trying to get himself noticed like the American bunch probably thinks it will make him a z list celebrity.

To my mind he seemed to be doing a very bad impression of Poppa Bear from the US version.

Simon Greenall aka Alexsandr the Meerkat was doing the voiceover
  • rosie100rosie100 Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    Just got into this programme and like it for the carry on of some of them.