Chris's Bottle was cool

Leatherface!!!Leatherface!!! Posts: 4,438
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I loved the design on his bottle, it was something different.

It was better than stellas.

Comments

• meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't like to be stumbling drunk reaching out for that bottle ;)

Urbon spent most of the evening trending on twitter, so obviously Stella's brand created more of a stir.
  • Leatherface!!!Leatherface!!! Posts: 4,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't like to be stumbling drunk reaching out for that bottle ;)

Urbon spent most of the evening trending on twitter, so obviously Stella's brand created more of a stir.

Probely her family

Stellas design was simliar to other bottles.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It looked more like a very large perfume bottle. :rolleyes:
  • SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probely her family

You have to laugh :D
    Forum Member
    Probely her family

Well she appears to have just started a twitter, I'm now following her lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    ArumLily wrote: »

This is exactly what I said!
  • ea91ea91 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well she appears to have just started a twitter, I'm now following her lol

@stella_english is a fake account.
    Forum Member
    ea91 wrote: »
    @stella_english is a fake account.

Aww poo, I knew someone would say that lol

I saw they were being followed by various other familiar names from the Apprentice, not just this series, on twitter. But I suppose you can never be sure. ;)
  • kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    ArumLily wrote: »

I kept expecting somebody to mention this but they never did, first thing I thought was perfume.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    with the shape and the colour of the contents, if I'd found one of those under the christmas tree i would be thinking it was expensive bubble bath and tipping it in the tub :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kingjeremy wrote: »
    I kept expecting somebody to mention this but they never did, first thing I thought was perfume.

First thing I thought was:
    WARNING: Not suitable for children under 3 years, clumsy or intoxicated people.
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    It did look like it could do some damage but it did look like a great design. I wouldn't mind trying either drinks.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked it in theory and it looked pretty but so unpractical its unreal.

I liked Stella's Urbon bottle better. Though I found myself agreeing when LS said it looked like a vinegar or oil bottle at first glance.
  • Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris' bottle looked very expensive to make and would have pushed the price of the drink up, I'm surprised nobody mentioned this.
  • TCD1975TCD1975 Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris' bottle looked very expensive to make and would have pushed the price of the drink up, I'm surprised nobody mentioned this.

I was just about to say exactly the same thing.

I can distinctly rememeber in a previous series of the apprentice that someone got a roasting for coming up with a far too expensive bittle (I think it was for perfume) but there was no mention of the cost of the bottle this time.

I liked Chris's bottle, but I think there could be serious safety issues as well. I'd be surprised if a bottle like that would be stocked in supermarkets.
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bottle was cool, liked the drink colour too.

But it was LETHAL! lol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yep, I was shouting that at the TV last night. I was very surprised that it didn't come up, given they were looking at a fixed retail price of £20 and so the cost would be critical to profitability.
  • CythnaCythna Posts: 3,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TCD1975 wrote: »
    I was just about to say exactly the same thing.

I can distinctly rememeber in a previous series of the apprentice that someone got a roasting for coming up with a far too expensive bittle (I think it was for perfume) but there was no mention of the cost of the bottle this time.

I liked Chris's bottle, but I think there could be serious safety issues as well. I'd be surprised if a bottle like that would be stocked in supermarkets.

It was a bottle of cologne for men, which came in two parts, one of which say in the side of the other larger part. You decanted the large bottle into the small part, then took it with you for use during the day. It was very expensive to make. This bottle would not have cost anything like as much, as despite it's shape it was quite simple.
  • chewstickchewstick Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chrisso wrote: »
    Yep, I was shouting that at the TV last night. I was very surprised that it didn't come up, given they were looking at a fixed retail price of £20 and so the cost would be critical to profitability.

that part of it was spoilt for me as ok knew that each bottle in theory would retail at £20, but in reality would it. For instance the bottle design of each product, the ingrediants, i mean what if there is a shortage of pomegranites, or a bad crop. Bourbon is renown for being a high priced mixer...non of these factors were mentioned, it all seemed so very rushed
  • skillerskiller Posts: 963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even though she didn't get the spelling she wanted. "U-R-B-O-U-N"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skiller wrote: »
    Even though she didn't get the spelling she wanted. "U-R-B-O-U-N"

No, Stella chose Urbon.
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thats the thing though, just because somethings "different" doesn't make its better. I think Chris was trying too hard to make a weird and individual looking bottle, when sometimes the classic designs are the best.

As well as the obvious safety concerns, I can imagine it would be pretty difficult to hold the bottle and pour a drink from it, because its such a weird shape. Ergonomically, Stella's was a much better design. Plus it also looked more classic, would be easier to display instore, and would cost less to produce.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ea91 wrote: »
    No, Stella chose Urbon.
    I'm not saying she wasn't happy for it to be called "Urbon", but that's not what she initially requested. Did you not watch it??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she just misspelled it in the car. Easily done seeing as "bourbon," the root word, does contain an "O-U."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rwebster wrote: »
    I think she just misspelled it in the car. Easily done seeing as "bourbon," the root word, does contain an "O-U."
    Yes, I thought that was obviously just a slip-up too.