Options

Pete Burns! Dear God in Heaven above!!

Comments

• Options
    crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    EELover wrote: »
    I know others have said it, but maybe he is a fan of Little Britain and wants to look like Ting Tong

Thank you! I couldn't think who it was he reminded me of.... it was Ting Tong!
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    linnylou wrote: »
    I don't know how Phil and Holly kept a straight face. :p

I think Holly was definitely struggling to keep a straight face. If you notice, she turned to look at Phillip and she kept her eyes pinned on him until he finished asking Pete the question. Normally, they look at their colleague for so long and then the person who's being interviewed. Holly didn't though. I think Holly found it harder to keep a straight face than Phillip did.
  • Options
    di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    I loved two of Dead or Alive's tracks, You Spin Me Round and Misty circles (which is on the album Sophisticated Boom Boom). As for him when he was in Celebrity Big Brother, yes, he was vile towards either Chantelle or Jodie.

he was really brutal to that american model woman (cant remember her name :o) there was absolutely no need for the vitriol he aimed at her....

I agree with gigi (#16) the outside now matches the inside.

ETA ^^ Tracey someone I think.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    di60 wrote: »
    he was really brutal to that american model woman (cant remember her name :o) there was absolutely no need for the vitriol he aimed at her....

I agree with gigi (#16) the outside now matches the inside.

ETA ^^ Tracey someone I think.

Traci Bingham?
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Traci Bingham?

Yes, he was vile to her. He's a very bitter person, one of those who loves to dish it out but can't take it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He was a total biatch to Traci Bingham but IMO Jhodie Marsh deserved every bit of the hatred she got in that house, there wasn't a word said to her than she didn't ask for.

Having said that, Burns is a vitriolic unpleasant seeming character but it seems that its HE who pays the highest price.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    although on the subject of black people aging better than white:

'Black don't crack but you get dusy hair' was one of the funniest things I ever heard.
  • Options
    di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    Traci Bingham?

that's the one!! Thanks.

I know she was a bit vacant, but I really think he went OTT on her.
  • Options
    wends1502wends1502 Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he must have major psychological problems, because he was a gorgeous looking bloke in the 80's . The surgeons who perform needless facial operations on people should be struck off. The man is now a grotesque caricature who is clearly very troubled.
  • Options
    GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He aspired to look like a Bratz doll. His mouth said one thing, his face another, well the corner of his lips, thats all that could move. When he appeared on CBB, other than his lips, he looked okay. Why couldn't he have left it there. Now he looks very scary.
  • Options
    FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wends1502 wrote: »
    he must have major psychological problems, because he was a gorgeous looking bloke in the 80's . The surgeons who perform needless facial operations on people should be struck off. The man is now a grotesque caricature who is clearly very troubled.

It doesn't matter- The people who have horrible surgeries mark themselves out. Their choices. If the surgeons weren't legally available people would go abroad or do it on the black market.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pete Burns is the best example of someone who ruined his life through letting a quack doctor near his face for vanity reasons.
    I think he does a good job by spreading the word about why people should only choose the best qualified surgeons as oppose to going for a cheap fix.
    It is sad that he is forever striving to look better.
    Personally I think he should leave well alone now and try to accept his face and get on with his life as best he can.
    Many people have facial disfigurements and do just that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Obviously a man consumed with insecurities about his looks which has turned into a kind of self torturing exercise in self modification. I remember an interview he gave saying that he basically wanted to look like a Bratz doll and now he does he's very happy! I'm sorry but I don't buy that. Any glance in the mirror in the mornings would tell him he looks deformed. I feel for him as he must be in deep pain inside.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like he got his hands on a female version of
    Frank Sidebottoms's head
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,005
    Forum Member
    I assume he makes a living from his appearances about his self imposed looks as does that plastic female creature next to him on This Morning.

The producers are funding these people to be freaks, other than providing an income what other purpose does their appearance on television serve?

The majority of people will likely see them as freaks and be laughing at them.

If they themselves haven't been put off further surgery looking at their own results, what hope is there someone with similar desires to disfigure themselves is going to be put off?

The producers need to consider if an appearance on This Morning is part of the issue, that it encourages them to continue.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RussellIan wrote: »
    Blimey, I think French gross-out 'art' flick 'In My Skin' is rather less unpalatably gruesome.

The scene in the restaurant with the disembodied arm actually made me turn it off for a few moments.
    A genuinely disturbing gem of a film.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Floh wrote: »
    It doesn't matter- The people who have horrible surgeries mark themselves out. Their choices. If the surgeons weren't legally available people would go abroad or do it on the black market.

There is no evidence to suggest that. We don't have a social history of 'backstreet plastic surgeons' - people weren't wandering our streets with botched nose jobs and exploding boobs 50 years ago. Although it's true if these unethical surgeons who ARE in breach of the Hippocratic Oath were struck off in Europe / USA people like Burns would migrate to less scrupulous countries such as Brazil and Thailand - which already happens.

It's a disgusting state of our world that surgeons in LA are giving nose jobs and boob jobs to 16 year olds and that mothers are buying them for not even yet fully grown daughters for their 'sweet 16' let alone what people like Burns are doing to butcher themselves. There used to be some form of psychological assessment for people wanting any type of plastic surgery in 'the old days' - I assume that's all gone out of the window.

Statistics show that young women who have had breast augmentation are three times more likely to commit suicide. I'd like to know what the statistic is for men who have butchered their faces.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »
    I assume he makes a living from his appearances about his self imposed looks as does that plastic female creature next to him on This Morning.

The producers are funding these people to be freaks, other than providing an income what other purpose does their appearance on television serve?

The majority of people will likely see them as freaks and be laughing at them.

If they themselves haven't been put off further surgery looking at their own results, what hope is there someone with similar desires to disfigure themselves is going to be put off?

The producers need to consider if an appearance on This Morning is part of the issue, that it encourages them to continue.

I agree that in an ideal world the ethics of who is being given TV exposure would be considered by producers and broadcasters, but end of the day it isn't. IMO being given media attention fuels the fire but then one could say the same about many forms of celebrity.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ': wrote:
    Hannah;46770237']He looks like he's wearing a mask because for some reason his chin doesn't connect properly to his neck.

Also, he seems to have problems talking because of the big lips.

He seems like a nice guy, I liked him on Big Brother. I also believe he's addicted to surgery. Either that or he has severe insecurities. Probably both.

He doesn't seem in the least bit nice. He's full of himself, doesn't give a hoot about anyone else and is a total bitch! He seems embittered. To quote his old foe, BG : Bitterness is like taking poison and expecting someone else to die.
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    Am I the only one that doesn't like this guy? He always seemed so bitchy and not that talented musically. I never liked Dead or Alive's music. Now the outside matches the inside.

I agree. He was totally vile to both Jodie Marsh and Traci Bingham on CBB. His outburst against Traci was totally uncalled for, and he ganged up on Jodie with Michael Barrymore and George Galloway, thus acting like three middle-aged bullies. They should all have known better.

But to echo what someone else has said, there was nothing wrong with his looks back in the 80s and early 90s. He was no BG but he was quite nice-looking, now he just looks grotesque, scarey, and for all his bitching and posturing, he's obviously a very insecure person.
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He doesn't seem in the least bit nice. He's full of himself, doesn't give a hoot about anyone else and is a total bitch! He seems embittered. To quote his old foe, BG : Bitterness is like taking poison and expecting someone else to die.

Rose - who is BG? That's a great quote.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wasn't it Michael Barrymore who said that? I think it's an AA mantra.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bullman wrote: »
    Looks like he got his hands on a female version of
    Frank Sidebottoms's head

:D It's exactly what he looks like! Frank Sidebottom (RIP) with chunks chiselled out ...:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Rose - who is BG? That's a great quote.

BG is Boy George. Sorry, I should've said. I get quite used to calling him BG over on the AT!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't it Michael Barrymore who said that? I think it's an AA mantra.

Well, George has claimed it as his own if it was!
  • Options
    CXC3000CXC3000 Posts: 10,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OATZ MM wrote: »
    Look what he's done to his face now!!!! :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvdv-yOieCk

That was from September.

Why do you think it's 'now' ??? :confused: