Devious Maids - Season 2 - US Pace

OrdinaryMorningOrdinaryMorning Posts: 2,602
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So, this is back. First episode was good! Looking forward to what comes next, especially the new family in Episode 2. Anyone else watching?

Comments

• brbbrb Posts: 27,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love it! Created a thread last season, but not many people replied, so it doesn't seem to have a huge fan base here.

Not caught the first episode of the new season yet, though!
  • RavenRaven Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed the first ep and hope the series continues the season 1 vibe. :D

Hopefully they will have learned a few lessons from their D.H days and stick with the basics that made the first series so good.
  • firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love it. And I'm intrigued by Marisol's mystery this year.

One thing that seemed ridiculous was Carmen going back to being a maid, surely she has some Z-List status as the ex-girlfriend of Alejandro and could get some other kind of work?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just started to catch up. The Marisol storyline is very "Rebecca".
  • emptyempty Posts: 394
    Forum Member
    I'm enjoying the second season much more than the first.
    That could be because I found the Rosie storyline tedious...in my opinion, she was whining all the time, but she's got a much better storyline this year...without too much whining!
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This show really needs to get itself a bigger audience. It's rather brilliant.

Really enjoying Season 2, more so than the first. Loving Evelyn, Genevieve, Marisol, Zoila, Adrian, Rosie and of course, Carmen (practically everybody).

Fabulous cast, hilarious one liners, bonkers plots - it's camp as tits and I love it!
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving the show.

Ana Ortis is just fabulous as Marisol. I just love her and is a main character you can fully support.

I am liking the Dahlia mystery more than last years. Think the other maids storylines are weak except for Valentina and her drama with Remi / Ethan. Both of which are cute lol :p

The Powell's are great.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. The Dahlia story line is significantly better. As I said above, very "Rebecca". It's my favourite novel, so I love it :D

I think I prefer Ethan over Remi!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Season Finale tonight.

I have a feeling it may be cancelled :(! Ratings are down 33% on average, sometimes even dropping below 1.5 million.

Shame it isn't performing too well. I actually love this show. Prefer it to DH!
  • sarahcadhillsarahcadhill Posts: 2,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's very Desperate Housewives isn't it. Ratings are dropping so I think it will be cancelled which is a pity:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, after tonight's finale:
    I'm surprised I didn't work out the Dalia mystery. It was painfully obvious when you think about it. We've seen an increase in mention of the Powell's son in the last few episodes. We already know that Nicholas didn't mean to kill the person he killed, "It's not what you think", and in the "Next week on Devious Maids..." segment, you saw Adrian punch him, so it was very obvious, I just failed to put the pieces together!

So, if it is cancelled, I will be so annoyed after the way it was left! In an interview, a writer said they haven't actually decided WHO is shot yet! One thing we know for sure is that Rosie wasn't shot - she dropped her roses covered in blood, BUT she remained standing, and didn't fall.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic finale, so many twists and turns.

Powell's scene with Nicholas was incredibly tense - I guessed the twist weeks ago but was still a delight to see unfold.

Zoila twist - shocking!

Carmen's new lover twist - hilarious!

Who got shot? I'm guessing Valentina so she actually has something meaty to do next year (badly injured).

I hope Spence hasn't died, I want Rosie to remain a maid! Also...her husband still alive should be fun.

Someone give Genvieve a kidney! And I wonder what Marisol will have to do next year, and Adrian and Evelyn who remain the best two characters.

I'm quite confident it has another year in it, although ratings aren't consistently strong, it's one of LifeTimes more popular shows and has a big cult fanbase. Go on - give us another dose of camp maidness!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Fantastic finale, so many twists and turns.

Powell's scene with Nicholas was incredibly tense - I guessed the twist weeks ago but was still a delight to see unfold.

Zoila twist - shocking!

Carmen's new lover twist - hilarious!

Who got shot? I'm guessing Valentina so she actually has something meaty to do next year (badly injured).

I hope Spence hasn't died, I want Rosie to remain a maid! Also...her husband still alive should be fun.

Someone give Genvieve a kidney! And I wonder what Marisol will have to do next year, and Adrian and Evelyn who remain the best two characters.

I'm quite confident it has another year in it, although ratings aren't consistently strong, it's one of LifeTimes more popular shows and has a big cult fanbase. Go on - give us another dose of camp maidness!

In the interview I mentioned above with the writer, there was meant to be a scene between Zoila and Pablo at the wedding, but was cut. Pablo was still at the wedding though, as a result of that scene.. I wonder if Pablo gets shot and dies. It would add to Zoila's twist AND of course, Gienvieve would then get her kidney by organ donation.

I have a feeling Marisol's storyline with Nick will continue. Afterall - we never actually saw them go to the police station. In the interview, the writer said this was intentional, so there seems to be more steam left in this story line.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    In the interview I mentioned above with the writer, there was meant to be a scene between Zoila and Pablo at the wedding, but was cut. Pablo was still at the wedding though, as a result of that scene.. I wonder if Pablo gets shot and dies. It would add to Zoila's twist AND of course, Gienvieve would then get her kidney by organ donation.

I have a feeling Marisol's storyline with Nick will continue. Afterall - we never actually saw them go to the police station. In the interview, the writer said this was intentional, so there seems to be more steam left in this story line.
    All good points - do you have a link to the article?
  • OrdinaryMorningOrdinaryMorning Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please be a season 3!