Anyone know why Harry punched the wall?

Comments

• B L ZeebubB L Zeebub Posts: 9,134
    Forum Member
    Bacon&Eggs wrote: »
    Thanks... I remembered her getting annoyed about the beer but didn't connect that with her outburst of rage. I'd totally forgot the task room where Marc drank her beer was also behind the DR door so on first viewing it looked to me like they'd been in the DR and something had kicked off in their.

Marc, who hates liars, denied all knowledge about why she was annoyed, of course. ;-)
  • JavarnJohnsonJavarnJohnson Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    B L Zeebub wrote: »
    Marc drank Harry's beer and both he and Sam told her that there was a half drunk one in the fridge.

Funny how you spin it.

Nope. The half drunk one Harry was referring to was the can in the room with them, which Sam had just pointed at (it was Nick's). Harry made no mention of the one in the fridge. Sam, a few seconds later, held out her drink saying: "Do you want this one?" Harry didn't respond.

No spinning involved.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marc, who hates liars, denied all knowledge about why she was annoyed, of course. ;-)

I don't think he actually knew that was the reason. Nobody expects an adult to throw a tantrum over something so minor.
  • BaconAndEggsBaconAndEggs Posts: 9,526
    Forum Member
    Because she's unstable. She really shouldn't be in there; it makes for uncomfortable viewing.

I also found it funny that after she spent all morning bitching about how selfish Sam was, Sam ended up being the first person to offer to share her lager with Harry after it was discovered that someone had drunk half of hers. However, instead of being appreciative or resolving the situation like an adult, Harry decided to storm off, sulk and punch a wall.

Nobody wound her up. Other housemates had to deal with a lot more than she did. She was just intent on throwing a tantrum and refusing all attempts to console her, as per usual.

I appreciate that that is the way you see it, but look a bit closer and you will see that she's been slowly driven bonkers by producers... Now there's a statement id love to be wrong about. She's the one getting mad and that's what's readily noticeable but what isn't coming across is all the provocation that she (imo) feels the producers have lumped on her.

Rumour spreading (She's using Nick)
    Allowing Helen to attack her over her relationship with Nick
    Nikki's apparent instantaneous love for Nick.
    The task where The two had to right a poem and compete for a date with him.

All these things taken with a retrospective view could sensibly be viewed as Big Brother and his cohorts winding her up. She is massively over-sensitized to it and i imagine feels paranoid from time to time, not to mention the times when the other house-mates are genuinely winding her up as a consequences of them too realizing the way Harry's character is being spun. You're right she shouldn't be in there but if it wasn't her getting set up by producers, it would be someone else.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I don't think he actually knew that was the reason. Nobody expects an adult to throw a tantrum over something so minor.

It's not the first time Marc has helped himself to other people's drinks. Letting the girl have her own can of beer is not much to ask..she'd been working all day.
    Forum Member

Yeah, that too added to my confusion. Well, not Marc's fained ignorance but Sam and the others. At least one of them could of offered an explanation when Joel and Nick asked What had happened, but all Sam seemed to say was do you want to go and see her. Creating a sense that Harry was reacting to nothing. No wonder people think she's winding herself up, not many of us can see the provocation:D

I will say this about Nick though, when he did go to speak to her it seemed genuine, for the first time i actually got the sense that he cared about how Harry was feeling and wasn't calculating the way it would play out to the camera's. A bit late but still.
  • CLIVE_SmithCLIVE_Smith Posts: 8,043
    Forum Member
    I appreciate that that is the way you see it, but look a bit closer and you will see that she's been slowly driven bonkers by producers... Now there's a statement id love to be wrong about. She's the one getting mad and that's what's readily noticeable but what isn't coming across is all the provocation that she (imo) feels the producers have lumped on her.

All these things taken with a retrospective view could sensibly be viewed as Big Brother and his cohorts winding her up. She is massively over-sensitized to it and i imagine feels paranoid from time to time, not to mention the times when the other house-mates are genuinely winding her up as a consequences of them too realizing the way Harry's character is being spun. You're right she shouldn't be in there but if it wasn't her getting set up by producers, it would be someone else.

Excellent post I wouldn't be surprised if they deliberately bought Nikki in to wind up Harry about Nick because since she came in she stirred shit up and since then Harry has got a little bit obsessive about Nick
  • B L ZeebubB L Zeebub Posts: 9,134
    Forum Member
    Yeah, that too added to my confusion. Well, not Marc's fained ignorance but Sam and the others. At least one of them could of offered an explanation when Joel and Nick asked What had happened, but all Sam seemed to say was do you want to go and see her. Creating a sense that Harry was reacting to nothing. No wonder people think she's winding herself up, not many of us can see the provocation:D

I will say this about Nick though, when he did go to speak to her it seemed genuine, for the first time i actually got the sense that he cared about how Harry was feeling and wasn't calculating the way it would play out to the camera's. A bit late but still.

Yes, agreed.

I think Nick's actually learning that she's allowed to calm down in her own time. :D

That hug was sweet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnbold wrote: »
    Is that your opinion or is it a fact? If it is your opinion - fine. If it is a fact.can you back it up with any proof you have?

I have wondered about her mental state. I found it a bit disturbing how she had been lying in bed with Nick but then sits up and starts staring at him. He's just lying there and they filmed her watching him for a while. She then nudges him and tells him to stop snoring - there hadn't been one, single solitary snore! He told her this and said he had been awake but she continually argued that he had been snoring.

She does seem to fly off the handle at him very quickly (the way she defended Mark against Nick's comment) so it makes me wonder why she bothers with him - maybe he's the only one that will put up with her maybe?
    Forum Member
    What pisses me off Harry and Nick had that nice moment when he hugged her which was imo was genuine then they bring two new housemates which come straight to Nick and basically tells him to get rid, none of the so called legendary housemates have had anything nice to say about Harry.
  • SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What pisses me off Harry and Nick had that nice moment when he hugged her which was imo was genuine then they bring two new housemates which come straight to Nick and basically tells him to get rid, none of the so called legendary housemates have had anything nice to say about Harry.

apart from John, he picked Harry as the best Staff in BB Hotel :)
    Forum Member
    I have wondered about her mental state. I found it a bit disturbing how she had been lying in bed with Nick but then sits up and starts staring at him. He's just lying there and they filmed her watching him for a while. She then nudges him and tells him to stop snoring - there hadn't been one, single solitary snore! He told her this and said he had been awake but she continually argued that he had been snoring.

She does seem to fly off the handle at him very quickly (the way she defended Mark against Nick's comment) so it makes me wonder why she bothers with him - maybe he's the only one that will put up with her maybe?
    Maybe because that night he hugged Nikki and she was jealous she did act weird bit how do you know Nick wasn't snoring big brother edit things to make her look like a nutter and just maybe she likes him more then she first thought
    Forum Member
    Skyrah wrote: »
    apart from John, he picked Harry as the best Staff in BB Hotel :)

Oh yeah he did but apart from John and maybe Charley the rest have painted Harry to be a psycho and Nick should get rid.
  • keeping_it_realkeeping_it_real Posts: 3,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair John McC has been a Harry supporter since before he went in.

I'm so glad he chose her though, she didn't really know what to do with herself getting praise in there since it happens so rarely :)

I believed she was in a strop as the beer that had been drunk was only allowed for guests and that it was yet another fail for the task but reading here they were allowed one each and Marc drank hers (as well as his presumably?) I'd have been fuming too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My comment was in regards to being wound up by fellow housemates, as opposed to production, but if she's taking her frustration towards the producers out on her fellow housemates then she's still in the wrong.

There are a number of people in there who I feel have been treated unfairly by production at one point or another, but no-one has reacted in the way she has. It pretty much confirms my view that she's not mentally ready for the house. She should never have been allowed in if she was incapable of handling it, which she clearly isn't.
    vald wrote: »
    It's not the first time Marc has helped himself to other people's drinks. Letting the girl have her own can of beer is not much to ask..she'd been working all day.

There was nothing to suggest that there was any malice in it, and as Marc and Sam both mentioned, there was another can in the fridge she could have had, which would also have been cold. On top of that, Sam offered Harry her own drink. That isn't something that well-adjusted adults would throw tantrums and start punching walls over.
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    Marc drank Harry's beer and both he and Sam told her that there was a half drunk one in the fridge.

Funny how you spin it.
    Thats about it
  • lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone stole her can of alcohol.

This. I think she felt like yet again, in her opinion, she had been fobbed off as someone had stole her drink and they tried to make up for it with half a can.
    Forum Member
    My comment was in regards to being wound up by fellow housemates, as opposed to production, but if she's taking her frustration towards the producers out on her fellow housemates then she's still in the wrong.

There are a number of people in there who I feel have been treated unfairly by production at one point or another, but no-one has reacted in the way she has. It pretty much confirms my view that she's not mentally ready for the house. She should never have been allowed in if she was incapable of handling it, which she clearly isn't.

Yea you're right she shouldn't take it out on fellow house-mates, i dare say she's been guilty of that at times.

Regarding being "mentally ready" true, she's not the only one being manipulated they all have, Danny and Marc, Jack, Jade. Less so Chloe, Cristian and Joel. But Big Brother selected harry along with all her peculiarities and weaknesses and she accepted based on her understanding of what Big Brother is. I don't believe she knew what she was getting into and had she tried to find out she'd of failed to find conclusive warnings of how manipulative it is. All i'm saying is Big Brother is responsible for her mental state at this moment and she shouldn't be blamed for going into the house and not being mentally fit for the task.
  • WarpWarp Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frustration, anger, anxiety, all these things, I know because it happens to me to.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    To be fair John McC has been a Harry supporter since before he went in.

I'm so glad he chose her though, she didn't really know what to do with herself getting praise in there since it happens so rarely :)

I believed she was in a strop as the beer that had been drunk was only allowed for guests and that it was yet another fail for the task but reading here they were allowed one each and Marc drank hers (as well as his presumably?) I'd have been fuming too.

I couldn't really follow the drink thing but I got this more or less however do you really think he'd deliberately drink Harry's beer :confused: I know he is far from an angel but I'm still sceptical about that.

As for him lying he was open about the drink to the people in the bedroom. I think there was more to it and he didn't actually know why she was so angry.

I'm up and down with Harry but do like her and have grown used to, fond even, of her temper tantrums and sulks :o:D She's a really interesting HM
  • IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    Everyone that is coming into the house is telling Nick to stay away from her, no wonder she's getting upset. Nick is useless to and treats her like shit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yea you're right she shouldn't take it out on fellow house-mates, i dare say she's been guilty of that at times.

Regarding being "mentally ready" true, she's not the only one being manipulated they all have, Danny and Marc, Jack, Jade. Less so Chloe, Cristian and Joel. But Big Brother selected harry along with all her peculiarities and weaknesses and she accepted based on her understanding of what Big Brother is. I don't believe she knew what she was getting into and had she tried to find out she'd of failed to find conclusive warnings of how manipulative it is. All i'm saying is Big Brother is responsible for her mental state at this moment and she shouldn't be blamed for going into the house and not being mentally fit for the task.

I appreciate your point, and ultimately Big Brother is responsible for the well-being of the housemates, but as we can see from her behaviour that the experience is simply not doing her any good, and I find her uncomfortable to watch as a result. We've also heard other housemates mention that they feel on eggshells around her, so it's not just her suffering from it. I'm not sure I believe she didn't know what she was getting into either since I'd imagine that most people would at least make some attempt to research the programme they are applying for.
  • What a shamblesWhat a shambles Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hormones. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Forum Member

Exactly she in need of some sex so obvious
    Forum Member

What her sex hormones she definitely needs some :o:D