Options

Rare PS3

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,004
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I bought my original ps3 40 gb in 2007 but this console is unique as the power and disc eject buttons are different to other consoles.

To turn the console on you run your fingers over the 'P' in the word playstation and to eject a disc you run your fingers over the 'O' in the word playstation.

This console is metallic red and apparently only three of these exist in the world. Does this mean it's more valuable or not?

Comments

• Options
    Martin BlankMartin Blank Posts: 1,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope.

I'll give you £50 for it if you're thinking of selling?
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a fault. I'll take it for 30 and dispose of it for you :p
  • Options
    jwballjwball Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stehayn wrote: »
    I bought my original ps3 40 gb in 2007 but this console is unique as the power and disc eject buttons are different to other consoles.

To turn the console on you run your fingers over the 'P' in the word playstation and to eject a disc you run your fingers over the 'O' in the word playstation.

This console is metallic red and apparently only three of these exist in the world. Does this mean it's more valuable or not?

Production run of 3? I somehow doubt it's official. Sounds modified to me.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jwball wrote: »
    Production run of 3? I somehow doubt it's official. Sounds modified to me.

There was a competition in Canada once, where the prize was one of 3 customised red PS3s. These are very rare items. The production line units were completely disassembled and treated to an extensive re-colouring process, all to Sony's own specifications.

But, I don't remember anything about modified power and eject buttons, so I suspect what what this guy has is an after-market mod and not one of these unique systems.

The 3 units from the competition have a PlayStation.ca logo on them. That's a clue to whether what this guy has is genuine.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Found this http://www.joystiq.com/2007/06/20/canadians-get-a-crack-at-a-red-ps3/#

Looks like it isn't one of those three never mind. Thanks for the opinions though guys.