Options

Toadie aka Ryan Moloney Cbb.

guttridgeguttridge Posts: 1,884
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What was he like in the house ? Didn't get the change to see him in the house as I was out if the UK . On a gap year. Pretty surprise he did Cbb. As he is still in neighbours . Big household name as neighbours is a very big TV programme here in the uk . Was he a fun person in the house? How did he get on? On neighbours he seems like a happy go lucky silly person ..

Comments

• Options
    Col.KurtzCol.Kurtz Posts: 422
    Forum Member
    As a Neighbours fan I found him rather disappointing. He was a good team player but didn't do anything entertaining and was nothing like his character Toadie (although to be fair, Toadie is far less entertaining now than when he was younger too).

Vaguely remember he made it to the final 3 or so, probably more off his fan base than in house entertainment. He did seem a nice guy though.
  • Options
    Rosie50Rosie50 Posts: 2,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Ryan but maybe the BB house wasn't for him although he did well in it. Its all about barriers and different cultures in there, but I have seen him on The Mathew Wright Show and in my opinion was great :)
  • Options
    TrumblesTrumbles Posts: 7,781
    Forum Member
    guttridge wrote: »
    What was he like in the house ? Didn't get the change to see him in the house as I was out if the UK . On a gap year. Pretty surprise he did Cbb. As he is still in neighbours . Big household name as neighbours is a very big TV programme here in the uk . Was he a fun person in the house? How did he get on? On neighbours he seems like a happy go lucky silly person ..
    It has to be said every time that CBB11 is mentioned that it was a very weirdly put together series in which the people in charge seemed to have no interest whatsoever in most of the HMs apart from Rylan and Heidi & Spencer. Ryan got a bit of screen time which is more than can be said for, say, Gillian.

He came across as a lovely bloke as everyone in the house said. He threw himself into the tasks whether it was the nasty ones that other people refused or the bouncing around in silly costumes.

I'd stop short of 'happy go lucky' - the main criticism you could make was he was maybe a tad guarded (perhaps because he actually has a reputation to keep). He did very little in the way of shouting, swearing or squealing, which other HMs had covered.

He did, however, do an awesome impression of Elmo. (This didn't even make the highlights, nevermind his supposed 'Best Bits'.)

I voted for him to win and I hadn't seen Neighbours in years. He came third behind the producers' pets.
  • Options
    TrumblesTrumbles Posts: 7,781
    Forum Member
    Oh his Wright Stuff appearance is here btw.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trumbles wrote: »
    I'd stop short of 'happy go lucky' - the main criticism you could make was he was maybe a tad guarded (perhaps because he actually has a reputation to keep). He did very little in the way of shouting, swearing or squealing, which other HMs had covered.

He did, however, do an awesome impression of Elmo. (This didn't even make the highlights, nevermind his supposed 'Best Bits'.)

I voted for him to win and I hadn't seen Neighbours in years. He came third behind the producers' pets.

I had never seen Neighbours and had no idea who he was, but still supported him. I agree that he seemed a likeable person and a good housemate, as far as we were allowed to see him in the Rylan/ Speidi-fest. (The Elmo clip is great. :)) I think the reason he seemed a bit guarded is that it really is harder to do a BB in another country. He must have missed most of their cultural references - I bet they chatted for hours and hours about UK celeb-gossip. And there is surely more of an element of homesickness when you have a young family on the other side of the world.
  • Options
    Rosie50Rosie50 Posts: 2,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trumbles wrote: »
    Oh his Wright Stuff appearance is here btw.
    Thank you Trumbles :)
  • Options
    Corey WebsterCorey Webster Posts: 1,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that clip was great.

I hadn't seen it before and I'm equally shocked he didn't appear on the highlights.

He's a good guy. :)