Options

Duran Duran - Pressure Off (Feat. Jannelle Monae & Nile Rodgers)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
Forum Member
Love em or loathe them they're back (again). This new track sounds like a classic Duran track with a modern edge and with what we all expect from Duran a BIG Chorus. Niles typical rhythm guitar thru out. Very good in my view.

Anyway as of tonight it can be bought/downloaded from Amazon.

Or check it out on YouTube first.

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    What!?!?!

Not one person has a view on this new song? Even if it is negative!

To be fair I have been told no one cared back in the day either........

:D
  • Options
    ServalanServalan Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a view …

IT'S BRILLIANT! :cool:

A great combination, a song stuffed full of hooks and the legendary Ms Monae across the whole thing … it should be a smash. Whether it will be or not is another matter. 'Get Lucky', 'Blurred Lines' and 'Happy' all sold by the bucket load because of a retro sound which gave them mass appeal. However, they were all guaranteed airplay on Radio 1 and regular rotation on the music channels. And I'm not sure this will be blessed with that. Has Radio 2 picked up on it yet? Because it's probably its best bet.

Along with Chic's 'I'll Be There', single of the year (not that that would be difficult!) - so far …
  • Options
    Forum Member
    From my understanding I believe the radio push is happening the start of July.

They made the album and Warner Music signed them up straight after hearing it so I assume their money and influence will be behind the push.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    r@z0r wrote: »
    From my understanding I believe the radio push is happening the start of July.

They made the album and Warner Music signed them up straight after hearing it so I assume their money and influence will be behind the push.

I can smell disaster already …

So 'Pressure Off' is available on Amazon, but not on iTunes - why? Which idiot thought that would be a good idea? Don't Warners want as many people to access a track as possible?

A radio push should be happening now. Not in July. Why wait?

British record companies really are clueless when it comes to marketing and promotion. As proved by the fact that there are just two of us on here talking about this track … ;-)
  • Options
    Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great song, I absolutely love it. But unfortunately it won't be played on radio because radio doesn't play artists over a certain age. So any "radio push" will do no good. Artist of their own age shouldn't worry about pushing singles but should focus on album sales and of course touring.
    I've never seen them live but I really want to. I read they are a great live act.

I read that the reason it's not on itunes is because Warners their record label doesn't have a deal with Apple. It's a legal thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well I would of wrote the exact same thing regarding Warner and Apple issue but the official Duran Twitter feed has since yesterday or today said that it is now available on iTunes and spotify. Though at this point I'm hearing people are still having issues with getting it via UK iTunes but US seems to be fine.

With regards to the radio push a source has stated that the song has been released to radio today. Again whether it gets played is another thing due to as stated age etc. Will have to wait and see, it's got "hit" written over it, fingers crossed it gets a chance. Niles and Ronsons name by it may help.

As for live, yes they're proper solid live. Can't fault them, would recommend given it a go as the sound is more edgy and Rocky rather than poppy. Tickets on sale now, got mine for o2 this December.
  • Options
    NailzNailz Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good song. Bit too much production on it though.
    I doubt you will hear it on the radio which is a shame.

I am looking forward to the new album. I thought the last one was good.
  • Options
    Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nailz wrote: »
    Good song. Bit too much production on it though.
    I doubt you will hear it on the radio which is a shame.

I am looking forward to the new album. I thought the last one was good.

I would assume it would be played on Radio 2 since they always play songs by older artists from the 80's, but probably not other stations.

Duran Duran has always had a fairly produced sound, so it is line with their usual style.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    Great song, I absolutely love it. But unfortunately it won't be played on radio because radio doesn't play artists over a certain age. So any "radio push" will do no good. Artist of their own age shouldn't worry about pushing singles but should focus on album sales and of course touring.
    I've never seen them live but I really want to. I read they are a great live act.

I read that the reason it's not on itunes is because Warners their record label doesn't have a deal with Apple. It's a legal thing.

BIB - sorry, but I'm really struggling to get my head round this.

Warner Music is a huge international company and there are plenty of its artists who have music available to purchase on iTunes. Nor is there any ongoing dispute between iTunes and Warners. At least that I can find.

The parent album is up on iTunes as a pre-order … yet the single isn't available.

Sorry - this is human error. AKA stupidity. Duran Duran need to get on the case and fix it. However great 'Pressure Off' may be, the odds are stacked against it - so why is someone trying to make it even more difficult for them?

:confused:>:(:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You're right, it is an error. I contacted Katy (Involved with the band) and they're aware of the issue and are "investigating".

Need to sort it before close of charts this week I think.
  • Options
    AmaleeAmalee Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    How did I not know about this? I've been a HUGE DD fan since the 80's :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Shocking! Next you'll be telling us that you haven't heard 2010's All You Need Is Now!!!!
  • Options
    AmaleeAmalee Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Shocking! Next you'll be telling us that you haven't heard 2010's All You Need Is Now!!!!
    Oooh love that album, Leave A Light On is my favourite song on it :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're right, it is an error. I contacted Katy (Involved with the band) and they're aware of the issue and are "investigating".

Need to sort it before close of charts this week I think.

No idea what they've done, but the single isn't in the charts, nor is it for sale on iTunes.

They need to take it off Amazon pronto, get this issue sorted and then promote the hell out of it.

What an appalling start for what should be a huge hit. How could someone get this so badly wrong?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So 'Pressure Off' is on iTunes now - at last - but it would appear that all momentum has now been lost … it's nowhere to be seen in the Top 100, nobody seems to be aware of it and Warners aren't promoting it.

What a waste … especially when you look at the cr*p in the charts at the moment. >:(:(>:(
  • Options
    Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was played on Radio 2 this morning, I thought it was great. :D