Options

Buzz: Quiz World

gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,726
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone else got this yet ??

We got ours delivered today and had a few shots of it.

Quite like it. The saying your name adds a little to it and there are a few more rounds etc in it. so far the questions have been harder for us but guess they are only easy if you know the answer to any quiz. :p

I feel Buzz speaks a little slower in this version.

Havent played online yet.

Has a lot more options on the type of game you want to play including a 45 minute game if you wish.

It keeps your details in a profile, so next time you play you can load your profile and continue with same name and character.

EDIT: and for those that think we get everything last. The US gets this version next week.

Comments

• Options
    rehmanmohamedrehmanmohamed Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My copy got sent out today - so should be here in the next few days :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    Yup i got it a few days ago and think that its the best one yet. Have played it online as well ( though not very good lol ) find a few people every now and then on there. And its good that other people can play with you in the same room online... even up to 8 people if you have another set of buzzers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    The only problem is you have to select your name from the list. I'm fine but Mrs Hookflanker's name is not on there. (It's not a very unusual name either)
    There should be an option to type a name in as well (with obviously Buzz not speaking that name in the quiz)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they said if your name isnt there then there are plenty of nicknames to play. In fact Casper of RS said that they prefer playing with nicknames.
  • Options
    ZaphodskiZaphodski Posts: 4,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reviews suggest that this isn't worth buying if you already have the original? Does anyone have an opinion on that?
  • Options
    Blackadder VBlackadder V Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love it, the online setup now makes the rounds longer and more epic, especially as there is up to 8 people now. The final countdown is a great way to end it too as anythiong could happen.

I won lots of games last night but at one point i went into the last round with a 3000 point lead and lost it, anything can happen.

Mybuzz quizes are much better now you can play someone in a 3 round game with multiple choice too. I felt mybuzz was worthless last time but now it is worth playing, especially as you can end up with foreign quizes or just crazily random ones without realising.

My opinion is if you like Buzz then you have to get this, it is so much better than the old ones.

There are also dozens and dozens of topics rather than just a few.
  • Options
    OneManTagTeamOneManTagTeam Posts: 3,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you buy this with buzzers or do you need to buy them seperately?
  • Options
    Blackadder VBlackadder V Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No there is no buzzers in this version but you can get some new buzzers cheap on ebay, especially cheap if you get the ps2 wired ones which work just as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, I'll have a look. Would prefer the wireless ones. Had the original one on PS3 but sold long ago but quite fancy getting it again with Christmas coming up, I'd like to try the new one for fresh questions
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you left it and watched the intro when buzz goes into makeup etc ?? Thought that quite amusing seeing what his "real" head is like ;)

He also runs about mad in the background at times when you are playing. Likes of on pie fight.

Theres also all new trophies on this one too. Unlike the singstar ones which are just the same trophies for each disk :(

You can upload a photo to the servers but unsure where this actually goes as I cant find ours to remove it now. Yes, trophy for that LOL.

I was wondering if it uses this new technique everyone is implementing of saying on your PSN status what round etc you are playing. Anyone know ??

Also wondering if the camera has any use in the sofa vs sofa ?? Supposed to be the mic works in the game. Anyone tried ??

Our general opinion from playing last night is that the questions seem harder this time. I think we were used to always having a music category pop up on Quiz TV.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have bought this game with wireless buzzers. I got mine from John Lewis.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bewitched wrote: »
    I have bought this game with wireless buzzers. I got mine from John Lewis.

Definitely Quiz World and not Quiz Tv ??

Just, on the official forums Casper of Relentless said they werent doing it with buzzers when they got asked by someone.

Unless it was separate packages of course.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    looks like i'm gonna have to pick this up for the family over christmas.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    def quiz world, unless I was just lucky.:)
  • Options
    lamblamlamblamblamlamb Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought this a couple of days ago from play.com for £18 but have no idea when it will come due to the strikes, in the mean time i have batman arkham that i got for £19 to tide me over.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    where'd you get Batman for £19 ??

I nearly bought SOCOM today but changed mind at last minute.

For those that already had Quiz TV or BOB then remember to select to play your own MY Buzz questions on Quiz World as it then registers what you have and how many plays etc. I picked up 2 trophies for that last night.
  • Options
    chrisw99chrisw99 Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not played a Buzz game since the very first on the PS2, and quite liked it but always felt just a bit flat with just me and the missus, needed more players.

With this new version, is it possible that I can play an 8 player game where me and the wife are local on my ps3 and there are 6 players online?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not entirely sure yet how this one works online. on Buzz: Quiz TV you could play against 3 other players online but if you and your wife wanted to play then you doubled up. ie anyone could press the buttons but only one character on screen.

I'm pretty sure its independent characters for each of you now on the latest Quiz World.
    someone else will confirm or dismiss later I'm sure. If nobody gets back then I'll try it later myself with wife and let you know.

EDIT: this bit from the official PS forums seems to indicate separate characters to me.

Play with lots of friends... Or on your lonesome! We’ve added more support for eight players, with more rounds compatible with eightplayer gaming, which you can play using any mix of Wired or Wireless Buzzers. Alternatively, the new singleplayer challenges based on Stop the Clock and Over The Edge are there for you to enjoy when the party’s over but you’re not quite ready for bed. Play with friends at home in the Sofa versus Sofa online mode! Now up to eight players can take part in Sofa versus Sofa online games, and four of those can be from your house. Play with any combination of friends at home, PSN Friends and, uh, friendly strangers. On top of this, you can now use Voice Chat in the game to trade clever quips and friendly banter with other online players (and of course you can switch it off if someone’s being annoying).
  • Options
    chrisw99chrisw99 Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cool, I may have to get this then as I believe it also works with the PS2 buzzers so would be a nice cheap purchase.
  • Options
    grilligrilli Posts: 1,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if Gamestation are stocking this? called into my local today and they didnt even know it was out and said they'd not been sent any from their distributors
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grilli wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Gamestation are stocking this? called into my local today and they didnt even know it was out and said they'd not been sent any from their distributors

Sounds like a crap local one then. I assume they are all franchises ?

Gamestation online has it and knew about it.

i was in my local today as well but wasnt looking for that so cant say i noticed it. It was def in Game though as seen it when I was in there.

Yes, Chris i believe Buzz works with PS2 buzzers also cause you can double them up with the wireless buzzers to play 8 player local I'm sure.
  • Options
    grilligrilli Posts: 1,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cheers, i thought it was a bit strange they didnt have it. seen it on their website, might call back in tomorro and speak to someone else. got quite a bit in credit to spend and was hoping to play this over the weekend
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I ordered this from Game online, came today... Still waiting on my buzzers to come though!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spoke to soon, they've just arrived!! :D
  • Options
    rehmanmohamedrehmanmohamed Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My copy got delivered today, and I'm up for some online battles if anybody fancies adding me :)