• emailsemails Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    one reason why i stopped my subcribitions
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    chuffster wrote: »
    Got this load of rubbish via email today-a week after mailing them:

Thank you for your email regarding BBC Radio Times magazines.

The process for delivery of the subscriber copy of Radio Times is slightly different from the normal issues. The on sale date is different for each region due to when they are printed. Once all regions are printed they are sent out. You will still receive this issue before the weekly viewings start.

If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

What a losd of rubbish. Last year i got my christmas issue the day the London edition was out (the saturday). All they are doing is making excuses. They have messed up and just will not admit it. They didnt even have the decency to apologise in the response above.

Also still waiting for mine. We didnt get any into our delivery office today.
  • chuffsterchuffster Posts: 8,807
    Forum Member
    I emailed the bloke back to tell him to cancel my subscription,which he did!
    Forum Member
    Here is the latest email, customer service seems hard to find from RT and their subscription service.

Thank you for your email regarding BBC Deliveries.

I can confirm that the Christmas 2010 issue is due to be with you on the 14th December 2010, and at the latest the 15th December 2010.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards
  • Claires_dadClaires_dad Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Still awaiting for my subscription copy to arrive in Rainham, Kent.

Really annoying thing is that it is usually posted to me from Sittingbourne which is only 6.5 miles away!

This is now beyond acceptable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    First time post, so hope I'm doing it right!

Still not received my subscription copy. Emailed last week, but no response yet. If we get our copy tomorrow, 14th, it'll be no earlier than we usually get our weekly copy!
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chuffster wrote: »
    Got this load of rubbish via email today-a week after mailing them:

Thank you for your email regarding BBC Radio Times magazines.

The process for delivery of the subscriber copy of Radio Times is slightly different from the normal issues. The on sale date is different for each region due to when they are printed. Once all regions are printed they are sent out. You will still receive this issue before the weekly viewings start.

That's their fifth different excuse! :D

Still haven't had my copy, either. :(
  • BannsiderBannsider Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    Seriously considering cancelling my subscription. I phoned today and was told that I will receive it tomorrow.

No apologies from them and I am pleasant on the phone.

I was only given an explanation (delivery problems:D) when I asked.
  • Paul237Paul237 Posts: 8,654
    Forum Member
    Still no RT for me either. I live in England and I assume they're posted from Kent (as per usual), so I fail to see how weather conditions could be affecting it.

Also, I have no faith I'll get it tomorrow. It sounds like they're coming through in dribs and drabs. If I don't get it before Saturday (when I will actually need it), I'm going to be really annoyed.
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tesco cocked up on my small just-enough-dairy-to-last-till-main-batch order; popped into my local Co-op - now have it in hand.

Nice to see that one of the Compulsory Christmas Films is going out courtesy of Film4....
    Repeat after me - "NO ****IN' SHIT LADY! DO I SOUND LIKE I'M ORDERIN' A ****IN' PIZZA???!!!"...
    :D
  • emailsemails Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bannsider wrote: »
    Seriously considering cancelling my subscription. I phoned today and was told that I will receive it tomorrow.

No apologies from them and I am pleasant on the phone.

I was only given an explanation (delivery problems:D) when I asked.

i can just hear the scrip writing on the royal family ,jim saying i want my radio times ,delivery problems MY ARSE:D
    Paul237 wrote: »
    Still no RT for me either. I live in England and I assume they're posted from Kent (as per usual), so I fail to see how weather conditions could be affecting it.

Also, I have no faith I'll get it tomorrow. It sounds like they're coming through in dribs and drabs. If I don't get it before Saturday (when I will actually need it), I'm going to be really annoyed.

i'd just go out & buy one simple as.
  • Paul237Paul237 Posts: 8,654
    Forum Member
    I'm not buying one, as then my copy will arrive. I'm not giving them even more money!
    Forum Member
    Exactly, why should you go and buy one because your subs copy hasnt arrived? Its not simple as.
    No way would i put more money their way.
    I did however get Total TV Guide on Saturday 4th December and that will be my mag of choice now.
    Forum Member
    Well, post has just arrived and guess what?

No Radio Times! At this rate I'll get the New Year issue before the Christmas one!
    Forum Member
    Post just arrived. STILL no RT. Disgusted after being told it would be here by today.
    Going to call later and have a rant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    my post has just arrived and FLIPPIN ECK.... its arrived. although to be honest i just want to chuck it in the bin:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    angsla wrote: »
    my post has just arrived and FLIPPIN ECK.... its arrived. although to be honest i just want to chuck it in the bin:rolleyes:

Lucky you! Amazing how they can get them (eventually) to Wales and the far North of Scotland but not to South East England!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    Lucky you! Amazing how they can get them (eventually) to Wales and the far North of Scotland but not to South East England!

yes. i think they must be sending out one copy a day and today was my turn:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    Still no Radio Times here - I've just fired off a strongly worded email to them. Either they get one here pronto, or compensate me accordingly, or I'm cancelling the sub.
    Forum Member
    Phoned again and told them i was told it would be here today.
    Latest excuse was that the centre that sends them out was closed due to snow and Royal Mail had trouble getting them.
    Apparantly they are distributed from a different site from the one that sends out to shops.
    they cant understand why i still havent got it though and there seems to be a problem with my account. Yes, i cancelled it last week, that doesnt explain why my copy hasnt come still.
  • benwhobenwho Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    i got mine yesterday i live near southampton
  • James VertiganJames Vertigan Posts: 2,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My dad has it on subscription and our copy arrived yesterdat in West London.
    Forum Member
    I've contacted Radio Times 3 different ways today :

1) on Twitter
    2) on Facebook
    3) by e-mail

all saying that the delay is not acceptable and that I'm considering switching magazines.

I've had a reply via Twitter so far :

We're sorry for the delay in delivering your Christmas issue. If you give us your address, we'll send you an office copy.

I wonder what will arrive first, the "office" copy or the "subscription" copy?

Watch this space!
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still haven't had mine. :(
  • shakeytictacshakeytictac Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Hi, just to let you know that my subscription copy arrived in Aberdeen yesterday, along with this email from RT

" It is on its way. Our apologies there was a slight delay in getting it “bagged” for which we are sorry. The Christmas subscriber copies will always be later I’m afraid as we cannot start the “distribution” process until all copies have been printed. As the Christmas edition takes 5 days to be published then copies for stores will have already left.