TalkTalk are utterly abysmal. Made an awful mistake :(

Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
Forum Member
I don't know what to do and feel very foolish.

You may noticed another couple of threads on this forum I started about joining talk talk, well I did, and it was a massive mistake.

I will try and condense the story down, I need fibre optic for a high upload speed, I was told by 5 different advisors that the 'fibre medium' package offered up to '10mb' upload, which I was happy with, it was only two days AFTER signing up with talk talk that it transpired that upload speed was only up to 2mb, which I only discovered by chance thanks to visiting the talk talk forum!

I called up to cancel before installation and was told there is no need to cancel 'they will upgrade !e to fibre LARGE for no extra charge' I would need to call up again AFTER installation to activate the higher speeds.
I called up today and went on a merry go round of about 5 different departments none of which could upgrade me, they even had the notes in front of them that confirmed I would be upgraded for no extra charge .
They said I would need to pay extra.

I cut the call and demanded to speak to a manager later in the day. It then transpired that I had been sold the entire package wrong!
Supposed to get free line rental for the first 12 months and that was no showing, I was supposed to pay £19 for first 12 months and about £34 after the 12 month discount period.
He then said it was a legal matter and put me through to someone on the 'legal team' , a very rude impatient man who then said next week I was going to be charged £126 'up front line rental fee' which I have to get taken off once its showing on my account !

Up front fee?? WTF?? Something I have never heard of. How is this even legal?

So it appears that I have to call up to cancel this fee once it has already been billed, which I just know means going back onto the 'merry go round' .
But once I cancel the fee, it will be my original £19 a month deal, 'apparently'.

And to top it off, I still haven't sorted out my broadband upgrade, as he hung up on me! Think he got fed up,

I have spent 2 hours on the phone to these idiots today. I am so so angry and fed up.

Sorry for the long drawn out post. But this is barely even the half of it!

What do you suggest I do next? This is the worst service I have ever encountered from any company EVER.

Comments

• HurlleyHurlley Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cancel on the grounds that you were miss sold, and move to another provider. As you are making these attempts read this:

http://help2.talktalk.co.uk/complaints/how-do-i-make-complaint

complain by post as they tend to be taken somewhat more seriously.

Also try their forum to complain apparently advisor's will look into the case without you on the phone.

you will have to put some effort into all this unfortunately, you can look into complaining to ofcom if you are not getting anywhere.
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    how long would one be without internet if i took out a virgin fibre package after leaving talk talk?
  • testcardtestcard Posts: 8,202
    Forum Member
    Google Distance Selling - you almost certainly have grounds for cancelling without penalty.
  • StuBStuB Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its definitely worth trying the talk talk support forums.

I had some issues when I first joined last year, and the support staff on the forums were able to help much more easily than the phone staff - it might work for you too.
  • Rossby41Rossby41 Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    how long would one be without internet if i took out a virgin fibre package after leaving talk talk?

You wouldn't have to be without, TalkTalk and Virgin run on different networks (i.e. completely different cabling).
  • neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you posted on the talk talk forum? they are pretty good at getting things sorted out.