Reggie Perrin to return for series 2

CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
Forum Member
✭✭
BBC have confirmed series 2 of the updated Reggie Perrin, starring Martin Clunes: www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/commissioning/bbc-confirms-reggie-perrin-2/5010865.article

Good news, I quite liked the first series. Will be interesting to see how the series develops.

Comments

• IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    Good. I enjoyed it, love Martin Clunes.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not super and definitely not great!!!

I didn't get where I am today by watching massively inferior remakes of classic sitcoms!!!
  • tomvoxxtomvoxx Posts: 2,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reggie Perrin developed Grot as a company selling items that were deliberately useless. The organization has obviously diversified into television production.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »

I didn't get where I am today by watching massively inferior remakes of classic sitcoms!!!

Definitely a cockup on the catering front. Clunes is exactly the wrong actor to play RP. It's the early bird that butters no parsnips......think i'll leave it at that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »

I've just been to a taping of the new series. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the last, if the show I saw is representative of all of season 2. To be honest, I went with very low expectations (I thought last season was just a creepier, lamer version of Men Behaving Badly). However, there were scenes last night where I was literally sobbing uncontrollably with laughter. Faye Ripley particulary distinguished herself as an accomplished comedienne. The studio audience was jam-packed last night with a very diverse group, btw. And at no time were we 'coached' to laugh...it was all genuine. Very, very funny!

(Disclosures: 1. I'm a HUGE Martin Clunes/Doc Martin fan, so don't bother trying to convince me otherwise:rolleyes:. 2. I've never seen the original RP, so I can't compare)
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the last series was hit and miss, but on the whole funnier than most recent BBC comedies. Glad it's being given another shot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AcerBen wrote: »
    I thought the last series was hit and miss, but on the whole funnier than most recent BBC comedies. Glad it's being given another shot.
    You should go and watch...the next few Friday evenings in April at the BBC Teddington studios. Well worth the trip if the show I saw is an indicator. Some new faces added, played by well-loved actors. I'd be interested to know if they carry the 'young executives' new woman's razor--"Tufty Bitch"--on into future episodes!
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's Remakesville, Arizona..............:eek:
  • IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    Good. I enjoyed the first series, although it couldn't have the impact of the unexpectedness of the original.
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MlleReuter wrote: »
    I've just been to a taping of the new series. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the last, if the show I saw is representative of all of season 2. To be honest, I went with very low expectations (I thought last season was just a creepier, lamer version of Men Behaving Badly). However, there were scenes last night where I was literally sobbing uncontrollably with laughter. Faye Ripley particulary distinguished herself as an accomplished comedienne. The studio audience was jam-packed last night with a very diverse group, btw. And at no time were we 'coached' to laugh...it was all genuine. Very, very funny!

(Disclosures: 1. I'm a HUGE Martin Clunes/Doc Martin fan, so don't bother trying to convince me otherwise:rolleyes:. 2. I've never seen the original RP, so I can't compare)

Coached? Why mention that out of nowhere?

Methinks BBC linksville.
  • CLARKSONIOUSCLARKSONIOUS Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    As Ted Bovis said "The first rule of comedy. You've got to have reality!"

Martin Clunes is way out of his depth in this.
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the first series. Looking forward to the second. :)