The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 45)

Comments

• penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What kind of hype? There never is any this early in the season.

There usually is for things coming up even if it's based on names in finals. :) So I suppose it opens up different acts going :)
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    those seats look really steep in the arena
  • Damien.Damien. Posts: 18,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What do people make of Iceland? I just listened to a few of the entries there and I quite liked the sound of that and Denmark.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    MGP: Margaret. Shock.
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Song 4 in Norway ... got to be Margaret

It is!!
  • kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    Yes!! The right top 4 Norway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ulfgeirr wrote: »
    How does this year compare to 2011? Was there more or less hype? Were people as disappointed?

We had the Habba Habba hype, Blue were known about, Lena again, and the a good Switzerland could do OK this year hype :D
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigBmad wrote: »
    Hasn't she been there all night :p

oh, I though she was at MelFest earlier when someone said she was performing :o
  • Drew PeacockDrew Peacock Posts: 12,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    globbits wrote: »
    I want to watch your stream, on mine she was awful... ;)

Sure you weren't listening to Tone Deafly? ;)
  • Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you Norway....now do the right thing and make her the winner.

*cranks up volume for the performance*
  • UlfgeirrUlfgeirr Posts: 3,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katsuya wrote: »
    Plumbo were left until last to be announced last year, so Mags being announced last will be an obvious one.

My memory must be off. I thought it was first and then we had to wait for the rest of the results?
  • MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    Oh, it has to be MB winning now. They wouldn't have announced her last if it wasn't likely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    Sure you weren't listening to Tone Deafly? ;)

I'm saving that "treat" until tomorow :D
  • avbavb Posts: 9,612
    Forum Member
    How are they pronouncing Berger over there? :confused::D
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There usually is for things coming up even if it's based on names in finals. :) So I suppose it opens up different acts going :)

Erm...Cascada? :p And we still haven't heard Anouk's and Amandine Bourgeois's songs. Still a lot of big names to come in Sweden as well. Italy can usually be relied on for something good too. Don't be so defeatist. :)
  • kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    This is really good. If Bombo has to lose I hope it's to this
  • avbavb Posts: 9,612
    Forum Member
    Right let's do a deal, let Margaret Berger sing with a few bunnies dancing in the background and everyone's happy... :)
  • BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We had the Habba Habba hype, Blue were known about, Lena again, and the a good Switzerland could do OK this year hype :D

I can't remember that hype, I think hype would be the last word I would describe Switz 2011 lol.

This year we have the Emmelie de Forest hype and Valentina again ;)
  • Damien.Damien. Posts: 18,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Erm...Cascada? :p And we still haven't heard Anouk's and Amandine Bourgeois's songs. Still a lot of big names to come in Sweden as well. Italy can usually be relied on for something good too. Don't be so defeatist. :)

You can usually count on Russia, Azerbaijan, Serbia and Greece for something decent too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damien. wrote: »
    You can usually count on Russia, Azerbaijan, Serbia and Greece for something decent too.

Greece songs have been revealed and they were quite naff sadly :/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hype and Cascada in the same sentence nah. As a German she's nothing really that much to get excited about. I'm glad Ben Ivory and Blitzkids are getting a lot of airplay though :).
  • Drew PeacockDrew Peacock Posts: 12,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    avb wrote: »
    How are they pronouncing Berger over there? :confused::D

The Scandinavians do seem to make a meal of perfectly straightforward names, The "Margaret" wasn't much better and what about "Daw-veed" Lindgren?

Who's doing all the singing for Mags?
  • QuartzManQuartzMan Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like Greece may be the shock non-qualifier, if the staging is as cheap as last year
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The juries ended up being irrelevent to the vote last year in Norway. Think it will be the same this year, Margaret will have too much of a lead in the televote to get beaten
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damien. wrote: »

Serbia I fear will be a tad boring with one obvious choice of girls :( Their songwriter isn't the best in the world but that won't matter with their names.
This discussion has been closed.