Four in a Bed :: New Series (Part 2)

Comments

• BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,698
    Forum Member

Oh goodness, Danny 'Lambo' where he had to run across the road to get them cooked eggs. I wonder what's happened to that place since?

The Pavilion

Trip Advisor
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »
    Oh goodness, Danny 'Lambo' where he had to run across the road to get them cooked eggs. I wonder what's happened to that place since?

The Pavilion

Trip Advisor

Seems he's been doing some more tv work by the look of it....:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Seems he's been doing some more tv work by the look of it....:rolleyes:
    Indeed, although he's got a long way to go to rival Graham :rolleyes:

I just looked at who won this series and which night of the week they appeared.

Knock Castle, Chick and Jason night 1/4
    Satis House, David and Kevin 4/4 - the only ones to make the final appearance of the week
    G! Boutique, Eli and Jason 2/4
    The Winterbourne, James and Simon 2/4
    Windmill Cottage, Lorraine and Gino 1/4
    Ashlack, Ben and Katie 2/4
    Cherry Tree House, Robert and Kevin 1/4
    Sea la Vie, Eileen and Jannika 3/4

So out of eight winners, only one went third in the week and one went fourth. Three went first and three went second, so that seems to bear out our feelings that going early in the week is a definite advantage.

I think Ellie and Jason or Katie and Ben were my favourite winners and Satis House or Ashlack were my favourite locations.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed, although he's got a long way to go to rival Graham :rolleyes:

I just looked at who won this series and which night of the week they appeared.

Knock Castle, Chick and Jason night 1/4
    Satis House, David and Kevin 4/4 - the only ones to make the final appearance of the week
    G! Boutique, Eli and Jason 2/4
    The Winterbourne, James and Simon 2/4
    Windmill Cottage, Lorraine and Gino 1/4
    Ashlack, Ben and Katie 2/4
    Cherry Tree House, Robert and Kevin 1/4
    Sea la Vie, Eileen and Jannika 3/4

So out of eight winners, only one went third in the week and one went fourth. Three went first and three went second, so that seems to bear out our feelings that going early in the week is a definite advantage.

I think Ellie and Jason or Katie and Ben were my favourite winners and Satis House or Ashlack were my favourite locations.

Interesting.....

Definitely an "easier ride" if you're on early in the week...
    Forum Member
    I'd say that based on how personalities and criticisms came out of the week, two or three of those winners would've blotted their copy books to the extent that they just didn't get the support of the other contestants - and that's probably putting it mildly.
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Pavilion

Trip Advisor

Danny who?!:D

Ah, the famous Danny - me, myself & I - Lambo. He was a nice enough bloke but an bit of an egotist. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »

Ah, the famous Danny - me, myself & I - Lambo. He was a nice enough bloke but an bit of an egotist. :D

Didnt he talk about himself in the 3rd person......very strange....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting.....

Definitely an "easier ride" if you're on early in the week...

Oh deffo. If the owners are devious, they will manage to get quite far in the comp!

If we had a list of the winners and when in the week they appeared, we could sort them into goodies and baddies! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh..wonder why?!

Kristen has said on facebook she is retiring and moving to Edinburgh and hopes that appearing on FIAB will generate more interest in her property, with a view to a sale. She says big houses aren't selling in Scotland just now.

Nothing mentioned about why Ian and Margaret are selling.
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Danny Lambo grew on me as the week progressed. Agreed he came across as a bit of a teet at the start of the week, but by the Friday I kind of liked him.

Did game-players win this week...? Maybe. But I liked their place and they seemed like a nice couple (mother/daughter combo).

Why did we have another Scottish guy who comes across as a total c**k...? We had Chick-the-dick at the start of this series, then Ian Dick/son at the end of the run.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gboy wrote: »
    Danny Lambo grew on me as the week progressed. Agreed he came across as a bit of a teet at the start of the week, but by the Friday I kind of liked him.

I seem to remember feeling the same, but watching it now, I'm finding it hard to remember why I changed my mind....:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I seem to remember feeling the same, but watching it now, I'm finding it hard to remember why I changed my mind....:p

Ever since I first saw this group of episodes, been trying to place who Danny Lambo reminded me of.

I think I might have it - Dufrais from Facejacker?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crowby1 wrote: »
    Ever since I first saw this group of episodes, been trying to place who Danny Lambo reminded me of.

I think I might have it - Dufrais from Facejacker?

Unfortunately I dont know who Dufrais is as I've never watched Facejacker...sorry!
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,615
    Forum Member
    Didnt he talk about himself in the 3rd person......very strange....

Just been reading most of the 53 complaints about The Pavillion - one female guest said that a guy knocked on the door and asked her when she was going to take a shower :confused: then later in the complaints a couple said they were convinced the shower was haunted due to noises they could hear whilst taking a shower :rolleyes: Hmmmm puts me in mind of the infamous two way mirrors highlighted in the Profumo Scandal :eek:
    I can certainly see where the FIAB production team get their ideas for inviting B&Bers onto the show - I'm sure they read the feedback on Trip Advisor then choose a potentially volatile/quirky/boring mix of characters.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's also wearing the same Chanel-type suit she wore in FIAB. ............

Possibly because of the very nice way it shows her legs off....or am I the only one who noticed what spectacular legs she has?
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,548
    Forum Member
    gboy wrote: »

I agree. really disliked him the first couple of days but thought he was great by the end of the week.

He was not scared of joining in with all that was going on either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I agree. really disliked him the first couple of days but thought he was great by the end of the week.

He was not scared of joining in with all that was going on either.

He definately had charisma even if he is self-obsessed! :D

BTW Did anyone watch this week's hour long Come Dine With Me? Claire :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BTW Did anyone watch this week's hour long Come Dine With Me? Claire :eek:

I havent watched CDWM in years......got too annoying for me in the end....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately I dont know who Dufrais is as I've never watched Facejacker...sorry!

It's more the voice than anything. He's on YouTube if you're curious / bored of an evening :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Possibly because of the very nice way it shows her legs off....or am I the only one who noticed what spectacular legs she has?

..and if it is a Chanel suit and I could still get into it 10 years on, I'd still be wearing it to. :D

The latest little jackets in a number of High Street stores are Chanel inspired..it's back again but Oh to have the real thing..mmm thinks where can I find a really up-market charity shop?;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member

So out of eight winners, only one went third in the week and one went fourth. Three went first and three went second, so that seems to bear out our feelings that going early in the week is a definite advantage./QUOTE]
    Oh deffo. If the owners are devious, they will manage to get quite far in the comp!

I imagine the atmosphere is also far more positive at the beginning. It's a bit early to have got irritated by each other, and, when the game players go first, they cheer themselves up by gloating about how they'll act for the remainder of the week.
    Kristen has said on facebook she is retiring and moving to Edinburgh and hopes that appearing on FIAB will generate more interest in her property, with a view to a sale. She says big houses aren't selling in Scotland just now.

Nothing mentioned about why Ian and Margaret are selling.

There've been other instances of b&b's being on the market by the time the programme airs but, when broadcast, there's never a suggestion that owners are anything but keen to continue. I wonder if Kristin thought she could build a business in a few years to sell on, but found it too problematic, hence the retirement decision.

Didn't Ian and Margaret say Glenferndale had been the family home for years? Maybe they too are downsizing. I'm sure many people find running a B&B much harder work than they envisaged.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have just caught up with last weeks offerings, it was awful to watch.

Hardly any warmth or fun, just spitting bile at one another, how much bear-baiting is going on off screen, we will never fully know.

A lot of businesses are struggling at present, some contestants are seeing winning FIAB as their last chance to save their business, the stress is plain to see.

At this rate, it may as well be introduced by Jerry Springer or Jeremy Kyle.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bellamy wrote: »

Didn't Ian and Margaret say Glenferndale had been the family home for years? Maybe they too are downsizing. I'm sure many people find running a B&B much harder work than they envisaged.[/QUOTE]

Yes, when looking at the schedule, it really is a big place. They have a holiday home in Tenerife they rent out too so maybe they are going into semi-retirement. Great!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    hamigo wrote: »
    I have just caught up with last weeks offerings, it was awful to watch.

Hardly any warmth or fun, just spitting bile at one another, how much bear-baiting is going on off screen, we will never fully know.

A lot of businesses are struggling at present, some contestants are seeing winning FIAB as their last chance to save their business, the stress is plain to see.

At this rate, it may as well be introduced by Jerry Springer or Jeremy Kyle.

Absolutely. It became increasingly punctuated by hostility and what appeared to be complete over reaction on occasions. Terrible one to choose as the end of the series.
This discussion has been closed.