Danny Dyer takes break from Eastenders

13»

Comments

• Options
    dulliredullire Posts: 20,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    I thought this would be the case, they have thrown a lot of money at Danny and to justify the expense they are squeezing every second they can out of him and so he is being over exposed.

They need to turn it down, it's an ensemble piece and the viewers prefer to have a balanced screentime of the cast.

This is not doing them any favours, if they want Danny to be popular and have longevity they need to tone down his appearances and storylines.

Danny will soon get too tired and too bored of the repetitive plots and he will quit. He has already told of how he has been physically ill due to the workload they have given him. They need to be ashamed of themselves personally

The same happened with Jamie Foreman and David Essex.

It's why Steve Mc Fadden, Jake Wood, Letitia Dean, Adam Woodyatt, Lindsey Coulson, Jessie Wallace, Lacey Turner and Shane Richie appear so frequently, they're all on big wages.

This is excluding personal appearances, other acting/presenting jobs and panto. They also get good time off for holidays.

Other soaps are the same.
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    And your licence fee money goes towards it. :D
    I'd sooner rather pay for someone that gets off their Arse and does some work then the lazy gits that don't want to work that I have to pay for.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh my gosh that is crazy amount of money for Eastenders! What would the actors who play Phil, Ian, Dot and Sharon be on a year?

He deserves a holiday, as does Kellie Bright. They feature a lot on Eastenders.
    It's not really but only the stars that EastEnders can't afford to lose/actors they want to keep like Adam,Phil,June ect get that sort of money.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dullagj2 wrote: »
    The same happened with Jamie Foreman and David Essex.

It's why Steve Mc Fadden, Jake Wood, Letitia Dean, Adam Woodyatt, Lindsey Coulson, Jessie Wallace, Lacey Turner and Shane Richie appear so frequently, they're all on big wages.

This is excluding personal appearances, other acting/presenting jobs and panto. They also get good time off for holidays.

Other soaps are the same.
    June brown :p

So that should be. None of the above characters i'd want to lose tbh (I know Jessie and Shane will be off soon but we don't know for how long)
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    Good!

He deserves a nice jolly and a lovely bit of currant with his almost trouble and saucepans/dustbins.

Have a good one Danny, you little 'melt'!

:-D:-D:-D
  • Options
    Richard_Noble1Richard_Noble1 Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    He wants to try an 8 hr shift in a factory or digging ditches, poncing about in front of a camera sounds a doddle by comparison
  • Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    He wants to try an 8 hr shift in a factory or digging ditches, poncing about in front of a camera sounds a doddle by comparison

Sadly, people like Danny Dyer don't really know what work is, because acting is all they've ever done.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »
    Sadly, people like Danny Dyer don't really know what work is, because acting is all they've ever done.

Actually, if you read his autobiography he has done other work when he couldn't get acting jobs when he was starting out. Due to that, he also knows what it's like to not have much money, so I'm sure he is very grateful for the opportunity he has now :)
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can confirm that I also took a break from Eastenders on Friday evening. I paused the episode off of iPlayer as my braised lamb brisket was ready. Early reports indicate that I made a shock return to Eastenders about 40 minutes later, half a stone heavier, and significantly sozzled.
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danny Dyer is round, his staying round, and he'll be around foreveeeer!! >:(

Sorry, I couldn't help ripping off the Hula Hoops advert. :p
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He has already been in more than 200 episodes, anyone would need a break.