Options

Field Of Dreams (1989)

MissDexterMissDexter Posts: 1,644
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just re-watched this.

Yes, yes, yes.....I accept the plot is about as preposterous as you can get but it just works, and i've no idea why.

Maybe it's because it plays it fairly straight, the plot isn't over-complicated with sub-plot, it's simple without being basic. The acting is great especially from Amy Madigan who plays Annie with such spark and energy. The score is subtle yet amazingly uplifting.

I find it simply magical, so sue me :p

Comments

• Options
    ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A silly film about a silly game. No one in their right mind could be so obsessed with baseball.
    Even as a fantasy it's impossible to watch it without giggling.
    Makes War Horse look deep and meaningful.
  • Options
    MissDexterMissDexter Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh well, each to their own.

The actual "baseball/sport" angle doesn't do anything for me as i know nothing about baseball.
  • Options
    Zero gravitasZero gravitas Posts: 12,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The soundtrack by James Horner is worth the price of the DVD alone.
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's very much like a twilight zone episode , it is very good , ah those were the days - when kevin costner made good movies !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    I love this movie, have watched it many times and will no doubt watch it many more :D
  • Options
    Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    I never really got the plot when I was a kid, but I remember this film in a nostalgic sense because ITV used to show it a disproportionatre amount of times on ITV1.
  • Options
    Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love this movie, have watched it many times and will no doubt watch it many more :D

I hear you on that, performances in this film are brill, love Burt Lancaster as Doc Graham, and James Earl Jones as Terence Mann.

I will definitely buy it on Bluray to replace me DVD when it comes out here.
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love this film and never get bored with watching it.
  • Options
    Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    A weird, yet strangely affecting film, tbh.

Material-wise, it might be little more than a field of corn set in corn fields, but it has enough conviction in its own absurdities to pull it off. Which is very much to its credit.