The Wright Stuff Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    davads wrote: »
    But's what's the attraction for the audience?

Fifteen minutes of fame. If they come in every day for 3 months.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_Bonobo wrote: »
    Yes it wasn't just that it came over as inappropriate but was just plain weird.

I just remembered that there was also a bit during a discussion on a kid being sent home due to their hairstyle that MW started rambling about his dog having it's hair shaved by the vet. :confused: It is funny how he gets so irate when callers stray from the subject (even when it is still relevant) but he can waffle whatever pops into his head. The way he said that also felt a bit odd. It was just a day I suppose where his weirdness was amplified. As if having Hardeep there wasn't unsettling enough. ;-)

And then Hardup followed it up with something like, "I'd shave the child all over their body" which provoked a slightly startled reaction from Wrighty as he realised how this could be taken!

Hardup seems determined to be provocative everyday and I sense a bit of needle there so we can only hope he crosses the line before Friday with something appalling.
  • davadsdavads Posts: 8,643
    Forum Member
    Fifteen minutes of fame. If they come in every day for 3 months.

Well, quite :( I can think of more fun ways to spend two hours of a morning.
  • thomscnthomscn Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Unlimited tea and biscuits, but only after the show, making sure they stay the distance.
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomscn wrote: »
    Just saw the pic, and a little bit of sick came up. Thanks ever so much for the nightmare tonight cavalli. :cry:

You're welcome :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two different nudie pics of Hardup in just two days - Is this nightmare set to continue?

Bearing in mind Hardup's pervy record does anyone else find this a little bit sinister?
  • China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    Two different nudie pics of Hardup in just two days - Is this nightmare set to continue?

Bearing in mind Hardup's pervy record does anyone else find this a little bit sinister?

He gives me the creeps, he looks like he's just rolled out of bed with those t-shirts he always wears. Why can't he wear a shirt to cover his arms. He just looks sort of sleazy, I'm only dipping in and out of this week's shows because he's there.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They get their mugs on the telly. I always cringed at the voiceover girl saying "Get a seat and get on TV!".
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The free breakfast might tempt some people:
    wrote:
    The Wright Stuff hasn't always been based in London. To begin with, it was made by Anglia, up in Norwich. "That was hard," Wright admits. "You try getting guests to Norfolk." The studio audience, offered a fiver a day to turn up, provided their own challenges. "The Citizens Advice Bureau put the word out to the city's modest collection of heroin addicts," Wright remembers. "One of them, Gary, he was trying so hard to get clean, but he'd come into the studio and basically gouch out live on TV. Day after day! These days we offer coffee and croissants."

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2014/mar/08/the-wright-stuff-day-in-the-life
  • Cherry-chocCherry-choc Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Wrighty's throwing a sickie today, so Harcreep is hosting. Advance warning...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Wrighty's throwing a sickie today, so Harcreep is hosting. Advance warning...

PLEASE tell me you're joking?!

Just checked Twitter - You're not. The Sick Man of Europe skives again. My ageing and infirm grandmother could turn up to work more often than he does. He must be something of a joke in telly presenter circles for this.

Let's hope this is the day Hardup cocks up spectacularly. What a shame for Horowitz that he has to put up with this cretin as host all morning.
  • Cherry-chocCherry-choc Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    The woman who phoned in during the naked portrait disussion can be seen here in all her glory :

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00358/F_200709_September1_358447a.jpg
    Dare I zoom in? Still preferable to a stick insect, tho. :p
    The_Bonobo wrote: »
    Between this and his cringeworthy giggling during one of the calls about naked pictures, it was an embarrassing day for him.
    Just another day at the office.
    Straker wrote: »
    PLEASE tell me you're joking?!

Just checked Twitter - You're not. The Sick Man of Europe skives again. My ageing and infirm grandmother could turn up to work more often than he does. He must be something of a joke in telly presenter circles for this.

Let's hope this is the day Hardup cocks up spectacularly. What a shame for Horowitz that he has to put up with this cretin as host all morning.
    I wish I was joking, tbh. Wouldn't blame Horowitz for throwing a sickie at this point. :kitty:

Well, Hardup's been trying to bait Christine all week with childish Tory jibes, so maybe she'll return the favour - we can only pray he will bite. Kirsty was certainly capable of bringing out the perv within, Storm is yet to master the dark arts...
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goodness me. I didn't have that migraine until switching on and copping for Hardup's attire.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can someone please explain why Hardup is wearing shades indoors all week. It just makes me despise him even more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    Can someone please explain why Hardup is wearing shades indoors all week. It just makes me despise him even more.

Easier to ogle and leer without being noticed?
  • TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it my TV? Hardeeps jacket is dazzling....in a bad way :o
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am being forced to watch Myleene Klass on BBC1 because I can't stand Hardeep.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,988
    Forum Member
    Hardeep really is a moron. I've gone past finding him unfunny and now just find it embarrassing for him. How many shite jokes can he get in before he realises he's getting pity laughs?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do we know the nature of his illness? Bad back? Night on the sauce?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we know the nature of his illness? Bad back? Night on the sauce?

They don't bother to say what's wrong with him anymore. He's had so much replaced that he's like a broom that's had four different handles and three different heads - It's no longer the same broom anymore!

He's just coming off a Friday skive from that prog rock awards piss-up. The coffin-dodgers in the audience are fitter than he is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It'll probably be one of his many bouts of norovirus.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why has the producer let him go on with that stupid top? It's blowing out the picture on my telly it's so neon.

I wonder if Horowitz enjoyed having his name sung by Hardup? I see JHB has got toss all else to do of a morning.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »

Is that at all possible :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    I am being forced to watch Myleene Klass on BBC1 because I can't stand Hardeep.

Life really can be a b***h.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry but I can't take anymore, the fact I have lasted this long comes as a shock (to me).
    Hardup keeps trying to tell jokes as if it's the 'Hardup Show'. What I find astonishing is the fact he actually believes he is a comedian, what is more astonishing is people actually hand over their hard earned cash to watch him, wtf has gone wrong with the world, it's not safe anymore. As for Wrighty (oh me back, me back, me backs gone) just call it a day Mathew and head off into the sunset to pick up your disability living allowance.
This discussion has been closed.