Let's Dance For Comic Relief- Heat One- 16 Feb 2013- Episode Discussion

1151617181921»

Comments

• kazzieconkazziecon Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    I haven't had the inclination to read all the pages here but I am amazed to not see more comments about the judge, Tameka?? I have no idea who she is for starters so how is she a judge? Secondly, she turns out to be one of the most annoying people I have ever seen on my TV. And in a show like this, that is saying something.

She didn't make one worthy comment the whole show, it was all 'mate' this and 'mate' that. And at the end when asked to choose who to send through, she eventually made me shout at the TV after waiting what seemed like 3 days for her to make the decision. Awful, awful, awful woman. And she gets on TV....how?

Just when it can't get much worse, it says that Anthony Cotton is on next week, one of the vilest people I have seen on TV. Another person who has seemingly got something on an Exec somewhere, its the only way he could have been given work!

Tameke is currently in Eastenders and was a runner up in this in this show with Laurie Brett (EastEnders and Waterloo Road actress) in the last series. They danced to "Telephone" as Lady Gaga and Beyonce.
  • ApplebeeApplebee Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry this country should realise that sending money aboard while there is poor people in this country is just a waste:(

This country or the people who donate to charity?
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry this country should realise that sending money aboard while there is poor people in this country is just a waste:(

While I'm much in favour of helping poor people in the UK (as Comic Relief does), there are far greater problems in other parts of the world. To refuse to do anything about these until all the problems in the UK have been solved is just crazy thinking.

Turning to the show, I voted the soap stars, mainly because I really like Natalie Cassidy (a rare thing on DS, I know) and was glad they went through. I was surprised that the Lady Gaga comedienne wasn't in the top three though - she actually danced pretty well and the dog was entertaining.

Delighted Destiny's Dad didn't go through. Hopefully this will be an end to the men who think dressing up as women is oh-so-hilarious.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There will always be poor people in the UK. It's an inevitability.
    Even if everyone was not on the bread line then those who can't afford a big fat TV would be considered poor. And there will still be people who say "What about OUR poor people?"

I think not having creature comforts or starving and getting sick and dying the second one is a bit more high priority. I never liked this, us and them ideology in the UK.
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Hopefully this will be an end to the men who think dressing up as women is oh-so-hilarious.

I don't think it's their choice. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CBFreak wrote: »
    There will always be poor people in the UK. It's an inevitability.
    Even if everyone was not on the bread line then those who can't afford a big fat TV would be considered poor. And there will still be people who say "What about OUR poor people?"

I think not having creature comforts or starving and getting sick and dying the second one is a bit more high priority. I never liked this, us and them ideology in the UK.

We've been donating money for over 60 years. Problems persist. It's money down the drain. It's been proven via documentation UK charities have funded terrorism and tribal forces rather than the projects we though we'd support because sending money to foreign countries doesn't mean they will be spent as intended when received. As for us vs them... I can't recall the last time any of these countries did anything other than expect more from the West. I don't recall the last fund raising African event for impoverish English people. However I can recall English people being kidnapped and held for ransom by pirates from nations where our money clearly has only bought guns and boats, not proper infrastructure and educational resources. You take care of your own before you take care of others, that's basic common sense. If you have surplus means, then of course offer them to others. But if your own plate is not full, giving more to others who can't possibly give back and only then expect more because that is the mentality they are conditioned into rather than independence, self reliance and working with their own people to better their own chances, it's just an endless sinkhole of good intentions leading to bad or worse conditions. People are people and we can all aspire to equality but I fail to see how supporting countries in denial of AIDS that kill albinos for their bone's supposed magical healing properties is going to achieve anything if they don't actually have any reason to work towards anything better because they expect Comic Relief to pay for their 8 HIV riddled children they conceived to create a meaningful workforce that is then robbed of their childhood because mum needs to raise and abuse the other four kids she can't parent properly because of a lack of education, resources and parenting skills at home while the other 4 go out to work or steal.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fayebeatle wrote: »
    Agree not the best programme but Comic Relief is not a bad charity. Money raised goes to both Africa and the UK.
    Be a little more sensible before ranting about something you appear to no little about.

Yes, but the point is where exactly does the money go? What is done with it? Where does it end up? And who spends it and on what?
    These are relevant questions, but most people think that as the money's going to Africa then that's all they need to know and that it must be doing a lot of good.
    But we don't really know that this is the case.

Sometimes good intentions can be misguided if the generosity of those good intentions is appropriated by somebody else and diverted to support something which doesn't end up helping the people it is hoped it will.
  • doe_a_deerdoe_a_deer Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We've been donating money for over 60 years. Problems persist. It's money down the drain. It's been proven via documentation UK charities have funded terrorism and tribal forces rather than the projects we though we'd support because sending money to foreign countries doesn't mean they will be spent as intended when received. As for us vs them... I can't recall the last time any of these countries did anything other than expect more from the West. I don't recall the last fund raising African event for impoverish English people. However I can recall English people being kidnapped and held for ransom by pirates from nations where our money clearly has only bought guns and boats, not proper infrastructure and educational resources. You take care of your own before you take care of others, that's basic common sense. If you have surplus means, then of course offer them to others. But if your own plate is not full, giving more to others who can't possibly give back and only then expect more because that is the mentality they are conditioned into rather than independence, self reliance and working with their own people to better their own chances, it's just an endless sinkhole of good intentions leading to bad or worse conditions. People are people and we can all aspire to equality but I fail to see how supporting countries in denial of AIDS that kill albinos for their bone's supposed magical healing properties is going to achieve anything if they don't actually have any reason to work towards anything better because they expect Comic Relief to pay for their 8 HIV riddled children they conceived to create a meaningful workforce that is then robbed of their childhood because mum needs to raise and abuse the other four kids she can't parent properly because of a lack of education, resources and parenting skills at home while the other 4 go out to work or steal.

This is a forum about TV programmes. This isn't the place for ill-informed, ignorant and borderline racist rants and I'm not really sure where is. Please keep views on topic from now on.
  • fayebeatlefayebeatle Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doe_a_deer wrote: »
    This is a forum about TV programmes. This isn't the place for ill-informed, ignorant and borderline racist rants and I'm not really sure where is. Please keep views on topic from now on.

I completely agree with you thank you for standing up for common sense. :)
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes, problems persist, but that doesn't mean there is no progress made. There are plenty of people in Africa whose lives really are much better than they might have otherwise been because of donations to Comic Relief and other charities.

Your concerns over aid creating a dependency culture are not entirely misplaced; the possibility exists for that. But aid is more often used to assist Africans to help themselves, as they are very able to do given the means. Indeed many African countries are making significant progress now.