Xbox One Community chat

Comments

• He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    I think the Wii proved to us that there is a much bigger market then just 'gamers'.My wife's mother bought one just to 'keep fit'. This ad could end up being very clever if they are trying to attract the casual market as a media extender of sorts.

Its only the hardcore gamers that seem to be some what insulted by it, and this advert is not aimed at them anyway so it doesn't matter
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nintendo basically told their hardcore to f*** off with the Wii.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Nintendo basically told their hardcore to f*** off with the Wii.

No they didn't. "Their hardcore" enjoyed the Wii since there were many great Nintendo games made for that console, they also embraced retro gaming. Who they did tell to "f*** off" was the typical mainstream, gfx-hungry COD/military FPS type gamer.
    Forum Member
    Ryse: Son of Rome - an inside look at combat

Looking very nice! There's some depth to the combat too apparently. ;)

Some of those graphics are so impressive, especially the part at Stonehenge, just look at the lighting and detail!
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Some of those graphics are so impressive, especially the part at Stonehenge, just look at the lighting and detail!

I really want to like this game but all the QTE's are putting me off.
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    No they didn't. "Their hardcore" enjoyed the Wii since there were many great Nintendo games made for that console, they also embraced retro gaming. Who they did tell to "f*** off" was the typical mainstream, gfx-hungry COD/military FPS type gamer.

Nintendo released some really good games for the Wii it's just a shame that there were not many great third party games and far too many games built around just playing mini games.
  • Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,858
    Forum Member

Those Graphics are really impressive, I have really high hopes for Ryse, out of the two console launches its the game for me with the most potential (mainly because the idea of an interactive gladiator is too good to refuse) so I really hope Crytek deliver on its promise :)
  • gamercraiggamercraig Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    Cestrian18 wrote: »
    Those Graphics are really impressive, I have really high hopes for Ryse, out of the two console launches its the game for me with the most potential (mainly because the idea of an interactive gladiator is too good to refuse) so I really hope Crytek deliver on its promise :)

Yes, it is this game that made me go for XB1 first, having been a fan of the Gladiator series on Sky the last few years, the slo-mo slays are just the same!

Not expecting any of the ruder parts of the series to be in the game with Kinect features though :o
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking very nice! There's some depth to the combat too apparently ;)

Some of those graphics so impressive, especially the part at Stonehenge, just look at the lighting and detail!

Tread carefully praising up an Xbox one game' graphics, its 40% inferior to the best on the PS4, as proven beyond doubt on these forums.
    Forum Member
    Tread carefully praising up an Xbox one game' graphics, its 40% inferior to the best on the PS4, as proven beyond doubt on these forums.

I shouldn't laugh but...

Out of the entire line-up I think Ryse has the most potential to surprise everyone, if Crytek have nailed the gameplay it could be great. There was some negative reactions over the multiplayer mode that was shown at Gamescom but clearly Ryse is a single player experience first and foremost. I like the more realistic approach to combat and even the main theme tune is pretty epic I have to say.

It's seems to be going for that cinematic Gladiator approach and that's not really been done before in gaming as a high level production so there's definitely room for it.
  • Holte139Holte139 Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    I've decided to go with the Xbox One too, but not because of Ryse, the free FIFA 14 was enough for me!

Having said that though, I'm a little disappointed by my shopping experience on Zavvi. I managed to use a 10% discount code on my preorder but was a little concerned after Microsoft announced that the free FIFA would only be with the Day One edition. Both the description and the title of the product on Zavvi were very vague. I thought it best to ask them what edition it was, and my reply was something along the lines of "we have both in stock and those who preordered first will get the Day One edition BUT there is no guaranteed list of who will receive what."

That's ridiculous, how can a firm be so cheeky as to expect customers to preorder without them knowing exactly what they're getting? They never even updated their details to reflect that information either! As my order was in August I decided to cancel and preorder with Microsoft, the discount would have been worth nothing anyway if I'd have had to pay for a game.

Sorry, rant over!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now that I'm getting Forza for free, I can cancel my order with Tesco for it and save the money till I see some user reviews for Ryse. I'm hoping it will be good as it does look amazing but I'm holding out till some people have played it on here first.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

After the greatness of the N64 and Gamecube I found the Wii a real disappointment, even a lot of the game Nintendo put out didn't have that special something that games from past generation had.

I think the uniqueness that Nintendo once had in past generation was weakened by a strong showing of unique games on the 360 and PS3 networks.
  • gamercraiggamercraig Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    typo....
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    I see Microsoft have admitted that illumi-room was just a concept and they won't be attempting to make a home version - now that is a shame.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see Microsoft have admitted that illumi-room was just a concept and they won't be attempting to make a home version - now that is a shame.

Yeah, I really did like that. Pity it wasn't feasible.
    Forum Member

I read this news a while ago. Apparently the price to put this in peoples homes would be too much for the average consumer.

It's a shame really because its a neat idea and something i would use myself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Illumi-room seems a nice concept and one I hope MS keep working on, it could be something really special in the future once its been through a couple of revisions.

Assuming VR headsets don't take off in a huge way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Illumi-room seems a nice concept and one I hope MS keep working on, it could be something really special in the future once its been through a couple of revisions.

Assuming VR headsets don't take off in a huge way.

I think it's just the expense of getting it into homes thats the sticking point, folk would need to cough up for a projector and god knows what else, as nobody knows the specs of such equipment required, it would be difficult to come up with a price of how much the set up would cost.

As projectors aren't commonplace in the average household, I think the idea is a brillient one, just not practical.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's just the expense of getting it into homes thats the sticking point, folk would need to cough up for a projector and god knows what else, as nobody knows the specs of such equipment required, it would be difficult to come up with a price of how much the set up would cost.

As projectors aren't commonplace in the average household, I think the idea is a brillient one, just not practical.

From the video we saw price was far from the only problem with this product, different furniture will be a major obstacle IMHO which need ironing out.

I just hope this project gets put on the back burner rather than been ditched because the tech to run it could come down in price over time and the problems could be ironed out with some work. Its a nice idea that doesn't seem anywhere near consumer ready yet. But assuming VR Headsets don't land in a big way in the near future it could be something great in 5-10years and could also benefit films and TV as well as gaming if thought through properly.
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b29jUoqHu4

Dashboard leak.

Its gonna be taken down soon, so get in quick.

Love how you can return to the dash while the game is running.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »

Dashboard leak.

Looks very slick
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »

Dashboard leak.

Not only that, but I suspect the person who put it up will soon be getting a call from MS lawyers :p
    Forum Member
    if you look at 0:47 there's also a hint of another un-announced game
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    Not only that, but I suspect the person who put it up will soon be getting a call from MS lawyers :p

Posting under your real name as it looks like they have done should make it easy for them to find you.