Project Catwalk Series 2

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the American version show so much more of the design process...wish they would do that
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    i really wish they would show which dress the judges are discussing. i know it's intended to build up tension but learning about why a design is bad or good is a lot more interesting to me.
  • robbies_galrobbies_gal Posts: 32,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i agree maxwell or at least on an extras show where we could see it all
  • Miss HavershamMiss Haversham Posts: 877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gabbyevs wrote:
    i agree maxwell or at least on an extras show where we could see it all

Me too, also maybe they should get another cameraman for the actual catwalk bit of the programme because their current one does not let the viewer get a really good look at the final creation.

Also, anybody else think the american designers are better technically that our ones? and the english designers IMO couldn't compete on Project Runway, maybe with the exception of 'Mr Mohican hair' - cannot remember his name.

I am new to this show, would loved to have seen the first season but could not stand the idea of La Hurley hosting! :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawla really annoyed me on Mondays show, she really think's she is the best designer, I can't stand people who big themselves up as much as she did, especially after the disgusting yellow outfit she made the previous week. I wish whats his name hadn't dissed her original attempt at this weeks dress, it again was truly awful and if he hadn't dissed it so much she might not have changed it, if she hadn't changed it I rekon she would have gone this week.

I really liked Waynes dress, the boddice part (ice-cream cone section) was really pretty and it was nice to see someone completely stick to the brief.

I'm still not sure who I want or think will win, but if the show sticks to singular designing rather than designing in groups it will make it a bit easier to form an opinion.

EDIT: I have never seen Project Runway, was it ever on Sky? Seems like I may have missed a good programme. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky showed the first season of Project Runway..there has been another in the States but I don't think they have shown it here.
  • MiyagiMiyagi Posts: 653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Project Runway was awesome. I do agree the designers in that were of a higher standard than the British designers in the current series of Project Catwalk. Saying that, I think the guys in the first series of Project Catwalk were also better...

ps Miss Haversham - Liz Hurley was actually quite cool, you should definitely watch it if ever you get the chance.
  • nimmynimnimmynim Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    not sure who is the lessar of 2 evils in terms of presenting la hurley or kelly , for me neither has the suitability to the rle of heidi in the maerican version, i actually feel ben de lisi would have been a better host!!
    can not believe luisa went , i had her in top 3 with monica [ even if she does moan] and wayne! guess he slot will get filled by giles
  • lola14lola14 Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone watch this last night? I thought Fatz deserved to go. Those knickers were just terrible.
  • mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lola14 wrote:
    Did anyone watch this last night? I thought Fatz deserved to go. Those knickers were just terrible.

Monica's was shocking too. She was lucky to be on the winning team I think.
    Although I did wonder when they were told not to celebrate too much because the challenge winner came from the other group, whether they were going to swap over.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :) According to DigiGuide they're repeating the first PROJECT CATWALK on Sky 1 from March 12th and the 1st series of PROJECT RUNWAY from 3rd April.

I really recommend Project Runway, if only for the amazing Austin, the wondrous Jay and the unbelivable Wendy.

:mad: Though I wish they'd show Series 2.
  • MiyagiMiyagi Posts: 653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tally - don't forget the brilliant Kara Sun! :D

I havent seen this week's Project Catwalk yet, can't wait. I also had Luisa in my top 3, shocked she went last week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want Shawla to win at the moment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    I want Luke to win purely because I used to watch him on televisionand in Harry Potter and I saw him in the lion king
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Plumptum1 wrote:
    I want Luke to win purely because I used to watch him on televisionand in Harry Potter and I saw him in the lion king

:confused::o .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone else wish they'd just...let them do some of their own designing?

I mean, it seems like every week they have been in teams and on the rare occasions when they aren't there's some twist (aka having to use someone else photo for inspiration), also it seems like they get about 10 hours to fully make the things...I feel like we never get to actually see what they are capable of.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so glad shawla went

wot was that monstrosity she made
    Forum Member
    beginning to see what they mean when they say Luke is like an excited child star lapping up praise with false modesty.

in saying that i still want him to win.. or monica.

giles is vile and the other fella creeps me out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i didnt think luke shoud have won that challenge

even though monicas wa a bit dull it was the best design there
  • lola14lola14 Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawla thought she was a lot better, than she really was. I'm so glad she's gone. Luke's dress looked stunning from the back! But it didn't leave much to the imagination from the front!
    Forum Member
    Luke's would get headlines though and get people talking which i think impressed Myleene more. the others didn't really think about the brief too much. was any of Giles' red sparkle used in Luke's finished design? i didn't spot it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lola14 wrote:
    Shawla thought she was a lot better, than she really was. I'm so glad she's gone. Luke's dress looked stunning from the back! But it didn't leave much to the imagination from the front!

Loved tonight's episode. I'm glad Shawla went, not Giles. Because even though I hate the little turd, he's great car crash TV and his bitchiness adds to the flavour of the programme.

:confused: Am I the only one who adores Monica. I loved her dress and think those buttermilk (Julian's wonderful comment :rolleyes: ) tones would have really suited Mylene.

I just looked at Lukes and thought :eek: bet his model's had a full Brazilian.

Sometimes fashion aint worth it. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i loved monicas i would wear it

luke was terrible imo it was ok that he didnt finish it for some reason i would have made him be in the botom 2 for that alone
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else think that Waynes dress sense is tying to compensate for a lack of personality, perhaps?
    Do you rememeber the week where he dressed up in drag and made a big deal of it, saying that he/she has a tongue like fire when in drag - well it was like embarassing to say the least - he sounded like mr personality of the year!