Breaking News...Misty and Maks Out Of DWTS!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
Forum Member
According to some American reports this evening, Misty and Maks have been forced to withdraw from this season of DWTS, because Misty has apparently broken her left ankle!:eek: Her ankle is now in a cast and she is on crutches. According to reports she is awaiting surgery. This is really sad news, she was really good and could have gone far in the competition.:(

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh no!! I love Maks and I can't believe he is out so early. :(
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is very bad news. Poor Misty May - I'm sure we all send her our best wishes and hopes that she makes a speedy recovery.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    Sad news- and I was so happy that Maks was back this season. Hope Misty May has a speedy recovery and maybe gets the chance to go on the tour/another season in the future.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no! I really like Maks, it's a shame that he's out so soon and for this type of reason too. Now i've lost Mark & Maks :( Derek better stay in the competition for awhile after this!
  • PufflePuffle Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gutted! Maks is a fantastic dancer and really maks DWTS for me - oh well, at least I won't wonder how fantastic their dances are whilst I'm on holiday.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just read on the Dancing with the Stars website forums that Misty has not broken her ankle but her status is in question.

Hopefully she'll be able to dance :(.
  • kp2nikp2ni Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nooooo! :(
    Maks is one of my fav and Misty had potential. Hope she gets better soon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    NO!!! :eek: Totally gutted if this is true!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :( sad news. I really liked Misty and thought she had great potential.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently (though I haven't heard it myself) Brooke confirmed on a radio interview that Misty is out due to an injury of her Achilles tendon.

Rumour now says that the producers will bring back Kim in her place, but I doubt that that will happen.
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    According to the Myoxisbroken blog - Kim was NOT brought back in Misty's place.

In view of the alleged voting scandal last week, I would have thought she was the LAST person they would bring back.
  • ajdcbgajdcbg Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that's both of my pre show faves out now (ted and misty)

my new fave is now warren . he's great :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CaroUK wrote: »
    According to the Myoxisbroken blog - Kim was NOT brought back in Misty's place.

In view of the alleged voting scandal last week, I would have thought she was the LAST person they would bring back.

Yeah, I really doubted they would do it but it's still a rumour. Mind, another rumour is that Misty's pro volleyball partner Kerri Walsh is going to be joining in her place, so...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I really doubted they would do it but it's still a rumour. Mind, another rumour is that Misty's pro volleyball partner Kerri Walsh is going to be joining in her place, so...

That would be great :D. Though she is 6ft 3, a little taller than Maks and in heels she will be around 6ft 5. The DWTS version of Jodie Kidd! Nevertheless I'd love to see anybody join rather than the return of Kim Kardashian!
  • cranford fancranford fan Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Misty makes a speedy recovery too. What will they do in the final? Will they finish a week earlier or have only two in the final? Strictly Come Dancing has lost a competitor early in the last two series, leading to a two person final and some people have felt it's lost something as a result.
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    Business as usual - there was no elimination last night!

Rocco would have gone if there had been!
  • PufflePuffle Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hurrah - at least the producers of DWTS have their heads screwed on and decided not to ruin a good show by forcing a two person final.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Puffle wrote: »
    Hurrah - at least the producers of DWTS have their heads screwed on and decided not to ruin a good show by forcing a two person final.

SCD could learn from that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CaroUK wrote: »
    Business as usual - there was no elimination last night!

Rocco would have gone if there had been!

I would have rather had Rocco leave :o.