Options

Anne Kirkbride was gonna return to filming soon confirmed by William

Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
Forum Member
✭✭
Anne Kirkbride was gonna return to filming soon confirmed by William Roache on This Morning interview but now shes dead that must of been a huge shock to everyone at Coronation Street I dont think anyone knew how ill she was. Her return scripts being planned and now that wont happen. No filming happened today as everyone wasent in a fit state to do anything

Comments

• Options
    Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she left because she knew she was dying
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She only left for a 3 month break
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    William knew she was unwell and went to say goodbye, so I have read
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a feeling that Bill meant that until recently he thought she'd be coming back then obviously heard otherwise.

Shows just how private Anne and her family kept her illness. I'm glad for her that managed to do this without the news getting out.
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    lotty27 wrote: »
    I have a feeling that Bill meant that until recently he thought she'd be coming back then obviously heard otherwise.

Shows just how private Anne and her family kept her illness. I'm glad for her that managed to do this without the news getting out.

That's what I got from the interview. He said that 'he fully expected her to be coming back' or words to that effect. He didn't state as fact that her return was confirmed. Considering she was battling an illness that's highly unlikely.

So sad :(
  • Options
    fozzie74fozzie74 Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    I hope the rest of the country get to see the 20 minute special tribute that was part of tonights "Granada Reports", it was very very touching, Lucy Meacock was on set and talked to various cast members, and did a long interview with bill Roache where he said last week she was meant to be coming back in a month, but that on Friday he got a call to say things have gone bad fast, and that he went yesterday to say goodbye...
    He was welling up, Lucy was welling up, everyone they spoke to in the prob was. So was everyone at home :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    big dan wrote: »
    That's what I got from the interview. He said that 'he fully expected her to be coming back' or words to that effect. He didn't state as fact that her return was confirmed. Considering she was battling an illness that's highly unlikely.

So sad :(

One of the lead producers said on Granada Reports tonight that she was definitely still meant to be back on set within a month, and he did say that as fact, as did another cast member in the programme.

And Bill said that it was only Friday when things suddenly deteriorated very very fast..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is so sad to hear her health went very bad within a few days from when she said she would return in February. Whatever this illness was it must of been serious poor woman I hope she didnt suffer
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have liked to see Deirdre on Strictly Come Dancing as the older lady who always dances with Anton, she would have been a hoot
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fozzie74 wrote: »
    I hope the rest of the country get to see the 20 minute special tribute that was part of tonights "Granada Reports", it was very very touching, Lucy Meacock was on set and talked to various cast members, and did a long interview with bill Roache where he said last week she was meant to be coming back in a month, but that on Friday he got a call to say things have gone bad fast, and that he went yesterday to say goodbye...
    He was welling up, Lucy was welling up, everyone they spoke to in the prob was. So was everyone at home :(

If thats the case it makes the press stories over the weekend even more disgusting, even now in all the stories they have at the bottom she took a break and wasnt returning planning on returning! I am absolutely sure the stress of that wont have helped.

You do get the impression people thought she would return and would get better.

I thought Margi Clarks tribute this morning was touching.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    soap-lea wrote: »
    If thats the case it makes the press stories over the weekend even more disgusting, even now in all the stories they have at the bottom she took a break and wasnt returning planning on returning! I am absolutely sure the stress of that wont have helped.

Indeed it was. As was the tribute from Julie Goodyear. :(
  • Options
    KeibroKeibro Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still in shock.

It's an old one but I was watching this today, Coronation Street Collection - Deirdre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAohguPM4Gk
  • Options
    tinyditinydi Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    fozzie74 wrote: »

Lucy Meacock did an excellent job at holding back the tears, you could hear her voice breaking when talking, especially when she spoke to Stuart Blackburn..
    Granada Reports and Lucy Meacock are good at things like this, it is what makes them win the awards..

In fact it was Stuart Blackburn who said he had spoken to Anne on Friday, where she was very upbeat about returning next month, laughing and joking.. Later on Granada Reports there was more from Bill Roache where he said, he saw Anne last week and then on Friday he got a call saying things were bad, she had gone downhill very fast, then yesterday he went to say goodbye, but was warned she had lost so much weight and when he went in, Anne looked good like a 16 year old, but he was glad he went to say goodbye...
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinydi wrote: »
    Lucy Meacock did an excellent job at holding back the tears, you could hear her voice breaking when talking, especially when she spoke to Stuart Blackburn..
    Granada Reports and Lucy Meacock are good at things like this, it is what makes them win the awards..

In fact it was Stuart Blackburn who said he had spoken to Anne on Friday, where she was very upbeat about returning next month, laughing and joking.. Later on Granada Reports there was more from Bill Roache where he said, he saw Anne last week and then on Friday he got a call saying things were bad, she had gone downhill very fast, then yesterday he went to say goodbye, but was warned she had lost so much weight and when he went in, Anne looked good like a 16 year old, but he was glad he went to say goodbye...

It has to be hard for Bill, I mean he has worked with her for more than half his life, how many of us can say we will work with the same person for that long.

I am going to watch the interviews later
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    soap-lea wrote: »

Yes Indeed. The press are truly disgusting at times >:(

I feel so sad for her husband :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cant imagine how William feels losing his on screen partner after all those years working together. I bet he will always feel her presence in the studios where they film
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Must admit Im in 2 minds about the privacy issue.

While I understand the reasons for privacy, you'd think an occasional bulletin might slip out, to quell any discussion/talk?

Give you a current example, George Alagiah, does no news mean good news?

I hope he's doing ok personally but the lack of updates might make some people wonder.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    she was in a hospice the last few days she had left :( She wanted it private, being a private person she was..it's sad :(
  • Options
    Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    Posted most of this in another thread but thought I'd post my two cents on what I suspect happened.

I would assume that Anne took a break upon learning of her cancer. I have no idea whether the three months idea was realistic or even true, but in any case, she was fully expected to make a return.

Last weekend she took a very rapid turn for the worse and cast and crew were told Anne was not coming back. The press must have got hold of this and read it as "Anne quits Corrie".

Before anyone had time to sort out the confusion Anne passed away fairly suddenly with some of the cast still expecting her back.

Given what's been said and published, this seems the likely sequence of events to me. So sad that it all happened so quickly. Poor Anne, poor everyone. :(
  • Options
    machobobmachobob Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where can I see these interviews?
  • Options
    Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    youtube
  • Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    This makes me so sad, poor woman :( hope she didn't suffer.
  • Options
    AuntieSoapAuntieSoap Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The sun are reporting that Bill Roache and Bev Callard were with her when she passed. So sad.

Watching Roache interviewed for the first time he seemed frail to me. He has always been a powerhouse and the natural spokesperson for the show. This is different of course.

How hard it must be
  • Options
    tinyditinydi Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    machobob wrote: »

Type in itv.com/Granada this will bring up the Granada website where the interviews are and a lovely tribute from Caroline Whitmore..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    machobob wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDWd7lZBusA

This will show you the whole Granada Reoprts special, with all the interviews and Lucy Meacock live on the street.