Options

The best shows that were cancelled after 1 season?

Comments

• Options
    EELoverEELover Posts: 1,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still think it was the ludicrous gap in the middle of the season that killed Flash Forward. It was a show that needed a fairly continuous airing.

I forgot about that, yeah that left the boring 1st half of the season lingering in everyone's head reinforcing how slow it was to that point. Expect that cost them a lot of viewers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Tomorrow People. It might have started off rather unevenly, but the last run of episodes were excellent. I really think it's a shame it was cancelled.
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flashforward
  • Options
    ChrisEChrisE Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terriers.
  • Options
    LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've also got my fingers crossed that Forever gets a second season. I've really enjoyed season one.

I actually really liked Dracula too and was sad to see it cancelled after one series.
  • Options
    RedRoseRebelRedRoseRebel Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive got everything crossed for a Forever renewal too

Another show of Ioan Gruffud's that should have got a 2nd season was Ringer.

A show from a few years ago called Journeyman was great too, (sort of quantum leapish) with Kevin McKidd.

I am actually wary now of watching new US shows here incase they dont get a renewal
  • Options
    RoquentinRoquentin Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    As a fan of espionage shows Rubicon is one that still stings. One of the best series of 2010 and AMC inexplicably pulled the plug.
  • Options
    dlmccabedlmccabe Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ChrisE wrote: »
    Terriers.

Agreed
  • Options
    The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    Freaks & Geeks
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    That show did get a second season

Sorry you are correct but what I really meant was that they never showed the second series on UK tv. Not that I know off not having the Sky Platform. :blush:
  • Options
    Lolly_Du_BekeLolly_Du_Beke Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ringer
    Alcatraz
    The Secret Circle

All deserved more than one series for me.
  • Options
    RedRoseRebelRedRoseRebel Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot about the secret circle, that should have got another season too
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry you are correct but what I really meant was that they never showed the second series on UK tv. Not that I know off not having the Sky Platform. :blush:

Yes, they did on Channel 4. I remember thinking the second season was crap compared to the first.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ringer was a great guilty pleasure but it should have been a one season show at most. I think the reason it never did well is because it was not like all the other CW shows. CW shows are full of teens or 20 something year olds. Ringer's characters were slightly older and dealt with darker and mature storylines. It was on the wrong network. It would be like putting Game of Thrones on The CW. Wrong show for the wrong intended demographic audience of the network. I think this is also why Nikita was never a ratings success, and why Reign now isn't either.

Terra Nova was close to getting a second season but it actually lost FOX a lot of money. They spent too much on it. So it's cancellation was more of a financial decision, then a ratings one. It's ratings were rather average.
  • Options
    kempshottkempshott Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Police Squad.
  • Options
    xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Golden Boy
  • Options
    Benny_Benny_ Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Terriers with Donal Logue , I loved that show
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    donna255 wrote: »
    Yes, they did on Channel 4. I remember thinking the second season was crap compared to the first.

Good Job I missed it then. Thanks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    The Class.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As hated as it was, i really liked the Melrose place remake. That was my guilty pleasure that specific television season. I can understand why people never took to it. But once the murder mystery plot was solved and Heather Locklear joined, the show began to find it's footing but it was too late.
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To correct an earlier point, Shark was shown on Channel 5, not 4.
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I've just watched the penultimate episode of forever and then seen the trailer for he final episode....It looks like it will end in a cliffhanger
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I've just watched the penultimate episode of forever and then seen the trailer for he final episode....It looks like it will end in a cliffhanger.
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eastwick
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Black Donnellys, an outstanding show IMO, worth watching if you've not seen it.

Sleek