Will David Cameron be voted out this year?

O-JO-J Posts: 18,849
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm not into this politics thing too much, and I am unsure on who to vote for.

Can anyone help me out?

Comments

• JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We can only cross our fingers and hope.
  • JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    Hopefully not, but I would suggest that you visit the politics forum if you're really interested.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like Tories, but am pissed off that Labour want to raise council tax in my area. It's already far too expensive IMO.
  • Mark39LondonMark39London Posts: 3,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benbenalen wrote: »

Can anyone help me out?

The best advice I can give you is to speak to someone you actually know and avoid this and any other forum. Religion and Politics are more for entertainment on here.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope so.
  • NamiraNamira Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope so, but I have a sneaking suspicion he'll stay. I doubt the Tories will get a majority so it will probably be another coalition. Personally I don't want any of the main parties to have a majority - they shouldn't have it all their own way.
  • DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benbenalen wrote: »

Can anyone help me out?

Try this site.
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lets hope so
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not convinced by the Conservatives by any means and am still not 100% sure which way I will vote. But on balance I would rather not see Ed Miliband as Prime Minister. If he got voted in, I think we'd have elected the school wimp to lead us. "Weak" is the first word that springs to mind when I think of him. You can accuse David Cameron of a lot of things, but I don't think you could call him a weak leader.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cameron's a complete joke of a leader.
  • MorlockMorlock Posts: 3,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But on balance I would rather not see Ed Miliband as Prime Minister. If he got voted in, I think we'd have elected the school wimp to lead us.

Thankfully, a lot of people have grown out of the school playground mentality.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morlock wrote: »

You'd never guess that by looking at the number of desperate and stupid threads popping up in the Politics forum of late.
  • GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like Tories, but am pissed off that Labour want to raise council tax in my area. It's already far too expensive IMO.

Tories will do that too mate. They have no choice at the moment because local authorities are being starved by policies from the coalition which of course is predominantly the Tories.
  • tony321tony321 Posts: 10,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even if they retain some sort of power there could be a coup from within
  • rusty123rusty123 Posts: 22,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well for starters you can't physically vote somebody out, you can only vote somebody in.
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's possible, whether it's Ed Milliband becoming PM by next week or if the Tories are still in Government but David is replaced by either Theresa May or Boris Johnson by the end of the year.

They'll likely get the most seats, just a question if they can form a minority or coalition.
  • SpotSpot Posts: 25,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Labour will raise council tax everywhere, and not by any small amount. It's what they do.
  • delegate zerodelegate zero Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spot wrote: »
    Labour will raise council tax everywhere, and not by any small amount. It's what they do.

Thank God for the SNP

Scotland has had council tax frozen since they came to power.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cameron's a complete joke of a leader.

They all are. We are lacking proper leaders in politics.
  • Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    It's possible, whether it's Ed Milliband becoming PM by next week or if the Tories are still in Government but David is replaced by either Theresa May or Boris Johnson by the end of the year.

They'll likely get the most seats, just a question if they can form a minority or coalition.

They should just have a massive game of musical chairs at Westminster (ok, I know it's benches but we can redecorate) and do away with this voting shenanigans.

Or maybe have a gladiatorial system where anyone can go and challenge the PM to a fight to the death for the honour of being PM. We'll end up with the modern-day Giant Haystacks running the country but parliamentary debate would top the ratings.

Swings and roundabouts...
  • MorlockMorlock Posts: 3,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"Whilst the money raised through the council tax is distributed by DCLG, the rate of council tax itself is determined by local authorities, not by central government.

Furthermore, a closer inspection of the DCLG data reveals that the decisions behind council tax rises were not the responsibility of just one party.

Of the five local authorities to have raised council tax the most since 1997, the Conservatives have held control of the council throughout the period on three, and have held it for at least part of the time on the remaining two.

By contrast, of the five local authorities to have issued the smallest rises in council tax, the Conservatives have controlled only Hammersmith and Fulham since 2006. The Labour Party has held three of these councils for at least some period of time since 1997, with the remaining council, St Helens, under No Overall Control."

https://fullfact.org/factchecks/did_labour_double_council_tax-1575
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Since my council tax is over 2k and I live on a private road, I really don't want it to rise anymore. I was actually swinging towards Labour, up until they put a flyer through my door saying they will raise council tax. I think its a big enough factor to change my vote.
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,208
    Forum Member
    Since my council tax is over 2k and I live on a private road, I really don't want it to rise anymore. I was actually swinging towards Labour, up until they put a flyer through my door saying they will raise council tax. I think its a big enough factor to change my vote.

I have already voted and since I do not care for conservative policies it was an easy decision to make. I don't agree with the bedroom tax, zero hours contracts so for those two reasons alone I hope Labour form the next government
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morlock wrote: »

I note you conveniently quote only part of what I wrote. If you read on past the bit you quoted, you'd see that describing Miliband as the school wimp was simply a metaphor for the fact that I think he's weak, and that he would be an equally weak PM.

David Cameron's secondary school days are often cited by those who dislike him. Out of interest, do you get equally as irked by that as you evidently did by what I wrote?
  • Fixit AgainFixit Again Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Without a poll, adding anything to this engaging political debate thread is going to be tough.