Options

Why is everyboady playing Katy Perry Music.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,119
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It like everytime you put on the radio it Katy Perry and everytime you put on a music channel Katy Perry's on.

Comments

• Options
    haim100haim100 Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because it sounds good...
  • Options
    Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    because she is THE MOST OVERATED female singer of the last few years.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I noticed this too, I'm not a massive fan of hers but I like some songs of hers. They are a bit overplayed though, I must admit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's not all that great.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because commerical stations play what (the majority of) people want to hear...
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Well, I've always been a fan so I don't mind. I do wish radio stations would play something other than California Gurls though!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know, I don't think she's a great artist tbh! Although 'Firework' is catchy, it's nothing spectacular...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    because she is THE MOST OVERATED female singer of the last few years.

*Overrated.

But I don't think she is. I think she is quite talented really. I love her songs E.T. and Circle the Drain.
  • Options
    Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lost-boy wrote: »
    *Overrated.

But I don't think she is. I think she is quite talented really. I love her songs E.T. and Circle the Drain.

Califorian Gurls, Teenage Dreams and Firework are all VERY OVVERATED. I haven't got the album so i haven't heard them.

I have her last album One Of The Boys, which i do love, but these new singles are just dull compared to I kissed a girl etc. So i decided to give the album a miss.

• Options
    CloudbusterCloudbuster Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, its a total mystery.
  • Options
    tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I ain't.
    She's sh!t.
  • Options
    Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I agree with everyboady saying she's ovverated.;)

But seriously, it's catchy pop music, but when you put it beside the quality of the pop made by GaGa, Rihanna or Britney, her catalogue fades in comparison.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't underestimate the ability of a record company to force mediocre pop music down everyone's throats.
  • Options
    ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course she is over rated, as most pop stars now are.

Her music is terrible but it’s a case of the public going along with what the media tell you to like, Perry is big and famous and has just married another celeb, thus her music must be great and her lyrics must have meaning and be listened to. She is great!

In reality her music is pretty bad and will probably be looked at as a bit of a joke years in the future probably by herself as much as anyone else, when hopefully society has progressed beyond listening to meaningless tripe.

I have nothing against the girl, she is just using her fame and doing the thing she loves, she is no worse than the hundreds of other idiots churning out their rubbish. It’s the society we live in and the current state of pop music. It just gets on my nerves when people say her music is so meaningful and great when in fact most of it is a kak handed, lame and infantile attempt to get across a moral message.

Take Firework for example, I heard the song on the radio and thought, ok, she is obviously writing a song for all the poor sad cases out there, a message to them that they are great. I guess this is a better message to kids than rappers going on about bitches and azzes etc. badly written obviously, the paper bag line being a howler.

Then I saw the video of Firework and thought it was the most over the top egotistic patronising display I’d seen in a while. Katy is putting all the wrongs right, you can be fat and gay, its ok now cause she has put it all in a video, you guys are great, how ever unaccepted by society you are. Images of her being followed by a crowd in affirmation of Katys great message of love and acceptance really adds to the statement of how truly great she is. Oh and a year ago she was telling young girls its ok to get off with each, a great message for a nation of already confused kids.

Keep it simple Katy and other pop stars for that matter. You are not healers for a crumbling society, you are nothing more than media elevated clowns that are there to entertain masses of tasteless members of the public. To people that think this music is the bees knees, go back to though the archives and experience a time when music was truly great.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Califorian Gurls, Teenage Dreams and Firework are all VERY OVVERATED. I haven't got the album so i haven't heard them.

I have her last album One Of The Boys, which i do love, but these new singles are just dull compared to I kissed a girl etc. So i decided to give the album a miss.

Circle the Drain is a genius pop song, I would suggest you give it a listen, Katy Perry fan or not, it has substance as is evidently about her ex-boyfriend Travie McCoy and his drug addiction.
  • Options
    Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her music is radio friendly
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not
  • Options
    daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    I have to say, although I don't really like California Gurls, Teenage Dream is definitely among my favourite songs of this year. Firework is great too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James__B wrote: »
    Because commerical stations play what (the majority of) people want to hear...

or what they & the record companies think you want to hear of course