Kate Middleton - far too thin

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
Forum Member
I know she's naturally slim but I saw these pictures http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2002354/Before-ball--little-shopping-Duchess-Cambridge.html and was actually shocked. She looks so very thin, her bones are jutting out. Surely this can't be stress related? I hope there's nothing wrong with her.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    I think she looks fine. Thin, yes, but she probably just wants to look good in the clothes she wears, being a fashion icon now and everything.. I'm not worrying about her. :-p
  • The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    Don't see a problem myself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There were reports that her wedding dress had to be taken in several times as she kept losing weight, which sounds as if the stress was getting to her. Let's hope a quiet life on Anglesey allows her to settle down and relax a bit. I would hate to see history repeat itself re. royal brides.

It is literally impossible to say whether someone is healthily thin or unhealthily thin just by looking at them, particularly dressed. There is a reason doctors do blood tests to see whether someone is malnourished.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't see a problem myself.

Neither do I.
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She looks way to thin and when not dressed up looks haggard for a 29 year old.

When dressed up up she has no hips.

She needs to put on a stone in my honest opinion it will be good for her face and body.:)
  • Sarah AnneSarah Anne Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Kate is a great girl!

So normal and likeable. Not swanning down the high street in designer gear, like most celebs caked in make up, who completely overdo it. Its the sort of thing most women wear on a shopping trip!

So what if she has lost a few pounds, upon entering the public eye full time. Most people would!
    Im so pleased William married for love. This is so obvious.
  • Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's really difficult for her, I think, she's going to get criticised whatever she does. She's going to get scrutinized, stared at, judged and talked about whatever she does so if she's happy in her own skin at the weight she is then that's all that matters as far as I'm concerned.
  • HazelKeelanHazelKeelan Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know she's naturally slim but I saw these pictures http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2002354/Before-ball--little-shopping-Duchess-Cambridge.html and was actually shocked. She looks so very thin, her bones are jutting out. Surely this can't be stress related? I hope there's nothing wrong with her.

Rubbish. She isn't thin at all. Reasonably slim but not particularly.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,577
    Forum Member
    She is very slim, as Diana was just after her wedding, there is a lot of pressure on them to look just so I expect.

Although Diana had other problems in her life, like her cheating husband, I am sure that William is nothing like his damn father.

I hope she does not lose too much weight, it would not suit her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Popped into Boots and bought Nivea....got to like this girl as she's really genuine about keeping it real. OK she's loaded, OK she's priveleged but so are loads who are right numptys about what they've got.

Footballers, watch and learn about having class as well as money - class makes you know that you aren't really any better than others, just very much luckier.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    Well, there's a surprise - The Daily Hate's campaign has begun, too thin apparently. Haggard, next week, I wonder? Just imagine when she becomes pregnant - unflattering photos, too much weight then? Outrage at her dress sense? Marriage in trouble?
    British journalism at it's relentless best. :rolleyes:
  • EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her sister, brother, mother and father all looked very slim too, particularly accounting for a bit of middle-aged weight gain in the parents.

Slim genetically I would think.
  • Indigo_19Indigo_19 Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually agree with the Daily Mail (something I hoped I'd never say) she looks far too thin and unhealthy. She has lost a lot of weight ever since she announced the engagement.
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    29? :eek: She looks much older.

Skinny women with no hips aren't my thing.
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have been thinking this for quite some time. Her legs are like sticks, particularly above the knee - I can see any further. :D

Her body is quite bony too. I would definitely say she is about a stone underweight, probably more. It's because she doesn't have a skinny face that people don't notice her thinness.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rubbish. She isn't thin at all. Reasonably slim but not particularly.

Agree, she is slender, not thin, and not remotely unhealthy looking.
  • Sarah AnneSarah Anne Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    29? :eek: She looks much older.

Skinny women with no hips aren't my thing.

Im sure now she has married William, you are not her thing either :)
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say she was thin or skinny, just slim. As for the OP, I don't see any bones jutting out. Yes she's slimmer than she used to be but I reckon I'd lose a bit of weight if my wedding was predicted to be viewed by a billion or so people! I don't think skinny is a nice word to use, like the word "fat" isn't.

She's very beautiful and looks her age IMO. Classy and elegant. That dress looks absolutely stunning on her. That said, I do think she looked healthier before, but I'm sure as she settles further into married life the stress will die down a little as it won't all be so new to her.

They're a lovely couple.
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has always been slim but I thought she looked better with a bit more weight on her. I don't think she is naturally that slim.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has always been slim but I thought she looked better with a bit more weight on her. I don't think she is naturally that slim.

In that papped pic of her in jeans and a sweater, her weight looks completely normal, no abnormally skinny bits at all, which is probably a better reflection of her real weight than the official ones which are often slightly elongated.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have watched Kate with a shovel on the news tonight and was shocked at how skinny she is particularly her legs. I thought she looked thin in photos but on the telly it really emphasised it. It's not a good look Kate.

She used to look great, she is the incredible shrinking woman now. She is making Posh Spice look tubby (even when not pregnant)

Get some decent food down you Kate please! :eek:
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,577
    Forum Member
    She seems to look the same as Diana did not long after her marriage, I suppose it is the stress of the new'job( although Diana had other reasons too, such as her dirty cheating husband)

I hope she regains some of her weight soon, she looks almost skeletal, poor girl.
  • EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure a few new heirs will help her put it back on ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she looks great.
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She does look very slim. I think she looks alert, but very tired.