Options

Radio 2 Easter 2015

FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,842
Forum Member
I am not sure what, if any specials Radio 2 will be offering at Easter.

Checking Radio Times it appears Sara Cox is covering breakfast for the week of 30th March followed by Zoe Ball at 9.30 covering for Ken.

Craig Charles covers for Steve Wright on Good Friday but not sure about Easter Monday, maybe it'll be Craig or maybe Tony Blackburn and another of his specials.

Comments

• Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Radio 2 website has been updated to include Easter programmes. A special programme in particular will be on Easter Monday between 2 and 5pm. Tony Blackburn will play songs by solo artists who have had previous success in bands.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05pl4w1

Also on Easter Monday, I shall be listening to songs from acts who have had 2 (or more) notable stand-out songs. You could say I shall listen out for my favourite 2nd favourite songs, if you see what I mean! There may be some solo examples, such as Paul McCartney ex-Beatles and Rachel Stevens ex-S Club 7!
  • Options
    merrim01merrim01 Posts: 2,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wish Tony would do another POTP on bank holidays.
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was a bit shocked to hear a Radio 2 trailer by Clare Balding for a programme on 'Easter Friday', surely we all know this day as 'Good Friday'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Strong female presence on Radio 2 weekdays next week

5am Vanessa Feltz
    6.30am Sara Cox
    9.30am Zoe Ball
    5pm Liza Tarbuck
    8pm Jo Wiley (not Monday or Friday)

Just 12-5pm hosted by males - I'm outraged:o:D
  • Options
    pjexpjex Posts: 9,408
    Forum Member
    FM Lover wrote: »

5am Vanessa Feltz
    6.30am Sara Cox
    9.30am Zoe Ball
    5pm Liza Tarbuck

What about Janice Long is she not on?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not sure why Craig isn't on this afternoon but now it appears the 2-5pm slot is hosted by Mark Goodier.
  • Options
    Marksw76Marksw76 Posts: 969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure why Craig isn't on this afternoon but now it appears the 2-5pm slot is hosted by Mark Goodier.

Just had a proper 90s revisit earlier, driving behind an Austin Maestro with Mark Goodier on the radio listening to Boyz 2 Men!

Radio 1 a la 1992!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 64
    Forum Member

Good to hear Mark again but also disappointed not to hear Craig.
  • Options
    SevrinSevrin Posts: 381
    Forum Member
    Craig Charles still showing on the radio player so it was probably a rush phone call to get Mark Goodier in.
  • Options
    SevrinSevrin Posts: 381
    Forum Member
    Nooooo not Liza Tarbuck pleeeez. I'll even put up up with Tubridy
  • Options
    iain_stevenson1iain_stevenson1 Posts: 1,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

5am Vanessa Feltz
    6.30am Sara Cox
    9.30am Zoe Ball
    5pm Liza Tarbuck

yes but when will they be more than just stand ins on the main daytime schedule? It's decades since the last female DJ was on the main line up on radio 2 .That's shameful in this day and age !
  • Options
    Marksw76Marksw76 Posts: 969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sevrin wrote: »
    Craig Charles still showing on the radio player so it was probably a rush phone call to get Mark Goodier in.

You never know, we might hear him a bit more now as they don't seem to have a 'last minute, last minute' cover since they binned Allinson!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nooooo not Liza Tarbuck pleeeez. I'll even put up up with Tubridy

I find Liza's show on Saturday thoroughly entertaining and there's always a varied selection of music. She may not be your cup of tea but I'm looking forward to hearing her next week on Drive.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Possibly some emergency filming on Corrie tart he couldn't get out of.
    It was great to hear Mark, totally professional and like he'd never been away.

Cox, Ball, Goodier and Mayo all on Radio 2 today.
    Radio 1 for grown ups.
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe his cab broke down on the way from Wetherfield to Media City!
  • Options
    GoodBuddyGoodBuddy Posts: 2,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why was Mark doing a "Soul" show? Is that his niche now? Personally I didn't enjoy the music today.
  • Options
    dzfootballdzfootball Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GoodBuddy wrote: »
    Why was Mark doing a "Soul" show? Is that his niche now? Personally I didn't enjoy the music today.

I think the show was already prepared for Craig Charles. Mark just presented it in his usual professional style. I don't think anyone else could have done a better job last minute.

Would definitely use Mark for cover assuming he is available. Would be a perfect fit for Ken, Steve or Simon's shows. I guess they are trying to promote female djs, Cox, Ball and Tarbuck.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    GoodBuddy wrote: »

He said during the show that he'd hand picked the songs with his producer.

I think Craig had play listed the show, I could even imagine Craig in my mind presenting some of the links.

Great music though but was a little surprised when Madonna's current single Ghost Town was included. Hardly a soul track.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed most of the music . Mark also included a few playlist songs- largely with a soul theme but also Madonna + Brian Wilson which not really soul, but do have a soft spot for the Brian Wilson track.Mark was ever the pro + for my ears a good show on all levels.
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was a bit shocked to hear a Radio 2 trailer by Clare Balding for a programme on 'Easter Friday', surely we all know this day as 'Good Friday'

At least that's slightly better than "Easter Bank Holiday Friday" which I once heard in an advert on Kiss FM!
  • Options
    bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find Liza's show on Saturday thoroughly entertaining and there's always a varied selection of music. She may not be your cup of tea but I'm looking forward to hearing her next week on Drive.
    I will also be finding something else but drive. Although in the car park at work, for lunch break, maybe Five Live.
  • Options
    TUCTUC Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    yes but when will they be more than just stand ins on the main daytime schedule? It's decades since the last female DJ was on the main line up on radio 2 .That's shameful in this day and age !

It does matter one halfpenny as long as the best presenters available are on the station. Sara Cox should have a daily show but that it because she is a very capable, interesting presenter, not because she is a woman. If it as the case that all the best presenters at a given time were male, would you really want to have a slightly less than top rate team for the sake of equality?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I find Liza's show on Saturday thoroughly entertaining and there's always a varied selection of music.
    But she guffaws and rattles away like she's some old woman. Lisa Tarbuck and Jo Whiley are around the same age, but Lisa Tarbuck sounds around fifteen years older in attitude.
  • Options
    JBOJBO Posts: 6,148
    Forum Member
    Yes, she sounds her age, 50, while Jo sounds like someone pushing 50 desperately trying to sound 30.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JBO wrote: »
    Yes, she sounds her age, 50, while Jo sounds like someone pushing 50 desperately trying to sound 30.

Jo is like quite a lot of people around 50 who sound and have the attitudes of what would have in the past been associated with people 10/20 years younger. (Simon Mayo in his mid-50s is another example). Lisa sounds a very traditional 50.