Options

Twenty One Pilots - really good alternative band

jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,415
Forum Member
✭✭
Just wanted to point you in the direction of these guys as they're releasing their second album "Blurryface" next month and I really enjoyed their first album "Vessel". I don't know how to describe their music really as it's a real mixed bag of genres.

Listen to the first and second singles from the new album:

Fairly Local: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDI9inno86U

Tear In My Heart: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nky4me4NP70

Here's my favourite song from their first album:
Holding On To You: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktBMxkLUIwY

Anyone else into these guys?

Comments

• Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I have heard of them yet never listened to them.

I'll listen to some of their stuff this evening and come back with an opinion. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    I have heard of them yet never listened to them.

I'll listen to some of their stuff this evening and come back with an opinion. :)

Hopefully you'll enjoy although some tracks are a bit heavy and take a few listens. I just happened to see "Holding On To You" on a music channel as MTV were pushing them as a new artist when they released their first album. From there I checked out a few other songs and ended up buying the album. It's always great when you discover an artist by accident.
  • Options
    Los_TributosLos_Tributos Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Truly dire.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Truly dire.

I wasn't expecting you to like it tbh. Although I suspect your response is not based on the music. Your constant negativity is just boring.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bump (sorry :D). Any other thoughts/opinions? Not everyone's thing but I was amazed by how much meaning was in "Vessel" amongst the chaos of the different genres. Quite dark with references to suicide/depression but at the same time so uplifting. Can't wait for the new album.
  • Options
    Los_TributosLos_Tributos Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    I wasn't expecting you to like it tbh. Although I suspect your response is not based on the music. Your constant negativity is just boring.

You should be grateful I responded as the thread had tumble weeds blowing thought it! Bumping ones thread is always a sad state of affairs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You should be grateful I responded as the thread had tumble weeds blowing thought it! Bumping ones thread is always a sad state of affairs.

Will you stop derailing my threads please? I've had enough of it.
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I first saw them perform in the BBC 3 studio a year or two ago when Reading/Leeds was on, and thought they were fairy good. They write decent music to be fair. I really like "Holding On To You" and "Ode to Sleep".

What I'm not a huge fan of is the lead singer's voice. They're not my kind of vocals at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    I first saw them perform in the BBC 3 studio a year or two ago when Reading/Leeds was on, and thought they were fairy good. They write decent music to be fair. I really like "Holding On To You" and "Ode to Sleep".

What I'm not a huge fan of is the lead singer's voice. They're not my kind of vocals at all.

Yes I see what you mean. I think he's a very talented writer and some of the lyrics are so clever.
  • Options
    mrkite77mrkite77 Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    False advertising! There seem to be only 2 people in the band, neither of which are pilots.

:)
  • Options
    ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I became obsessed with these in 2013 so I'm really looking forward to the new album :D I think my favourite song is Fake You Out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Latest song/video from the new album if anyone's interested:

Stressed Out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXRviuL6vMY

This is my favourite so far from Blurryface. So good :D.