Options

Have you ever had an uncomfortable night because you didn't want to disturb your pet?

RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,369
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have, after not wanting to disturb the cat lol.

Anyone else?

Have you ever had an uncomfortable night because you didn't want to disturb your pet! 69 votes

Yes
85%
RichardcoultermaybeFizzbinTelevisionUserDung hole DaveShadow70molliepopsJojofobLoisfancynancyStascreammissyalicia[Deleted User]CherumanBobbyDrakeppaupy[Deleted User]RAINBOWGIRL22[Deleted User]big bro geek 59 votes
No
14%
Carlos_dfcSue_C[Deleted User][Deleted User]spursgaleastaceyxxx23danletoOsusanaGoonie.[Deleted User] 10 votes

Comments

• Options
    BobbyDrakeBobbyDrake Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    Yes
    Just about every night when Kohl wants to sleep on my chest or by my legs so I don't move all night!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Hehehe, same here :)

As a bit of fun, i'm going to create a poll to see if anybody else does the same :)
  • Options
    FCUKFCUK Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    My cats were never really allowed upstairs during the night. But in the last 6months my dad and i have allowed them, but it's only 1 of them that wants in my room. Shelly!! And boy she can annoy me, she wil climb all over my pillow and stamp on my head and eventually settles at side of my pillow half on my duvet. so if i move around the duvet will move, ergo cat will move about, so i lay as still as i can trying not to disturb Shelly. :D But after several nights of this i wanted my bed back so now they can come upstairs but i won't let her in my bedroom whilst sleeping.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,333
    Forum Member
    No
    FCUK wrote: »
    My cats were never really allowed upstairs during the night. But in the last 6months my dad and i have allowed them, but it's only 1 of them that wants in my room. Shelly!! And boy she can annoy me, she wil climb all over my pillow and stamp on my head and eventually settles at side of my pillow half on my duvet. so if i move around the duvet will move, ergo cat will move about, so i lay as still as i can trying not to disturb Shelly. :D But after several nights of this i wanted my bed back so now they can come upstairs but i won't let her in my bedroom whilst sleeping.

awww mine are really great actually, Ruby's bed is next to me (cat igloo which she's trod down to make a bed), ie where the second pillow would be and she sleeps there happily next to me. Elphie will always work around me and curl up somewhere near my feet. Love my sleepy furblobs :)
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Every morning OH lets my little puggy out of the kitchen where she sleep and she races into bedroom to get into bed beside me. I always have to pee but stay put for as long as possible because I love it when shes all peaceful and curled up snoring beside me :)
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    When my little Eric had his op he was really poorly afterwards, when we bought him home the vet told us if he made it through the night he'd be o.k....What a long night that was, he settled on my hubby's chest and there he stayed, we didn't have the heart to move him and leave him alone just in case the worse happened. He survived and is now almost 6 months and is turning into a real bruiser!
  • Options
    ejmejm Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most nights :o
  • Options
    CRTHDCRTHD Posts: 7,602
    Forum Member
    Yes
    Yep - especially if I need to cough. I practically suffocate myself before finally coughing and instantly apologising!

Sometimes I think they can't wait until we go out to work, so they can get some decent kip!
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,511
    Forum Member
    No
    No - had dogs all my adult life and they have never been allowed into the bedrooms, or upstairs for that matter. Don't need a gate to stop them either lol.

The only disturbed night that I can recall is during the first big freeze when one of the dogs was really agitated and would not settle. He was trying to tell me that glass bottles in the garage were exploding, but I could not hear them and did not discover them until the day after. Fortunately the water was still frozen but lids had flown off and glass shattered!
  • Options
    missyaliciamissyalicia Posts: 2,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Usually its my cat on my back or between my legs. They can sleep for hours without moving.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    CRTHD wrote: »
    Yep - especially if I need to cough. I practically suffocate myself before finally coughing and instantly apologising!

Sometimes I think they can't wait until we go out to work, so they can get some decent kip!

Haha that sounds like me. My cat gives me a row if I dare sneeze or cough. She'll storm out the room meowing and I'm apologising trying to get her back. She always forgives me in the end though.
  • Options
    marieukxxmarieukxx Posts: 4,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes. Lola my dog insists on literally curling up round my head on my pillow. Many nights I've had no room to put my head and been uncomfortable with her bum shoved in my face lol
  • Options
    Nobody KnowsNobody Knows Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Every night when she sleeps on my bed!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Emzie21 wrote: »
    awww mine are really great actually, Ruby's bed is next to me (cat igloo which she's trod down to make a bed), ie where the second pillow would be and she sleeps there happily next to me. Elphie will always work around me and curl up somewhere near my feet. Love my sleepy furblobs :)

Each time I have got a new cat, they always seem to like to sleep at the foot of the bed at first, only coming further up, sometimes years later. I think it's an act of showing that they consider themselves as beneath us in the hierarchy of the cat "social group".
    pugamo wrote: »
    Every morning OH lets my little puggy out of the kitchen where she sleep and she races into bedroom to get into bed beside me. I always have to pee but stay put for as long as possible because I love it when shes all peaceful and curled up snoring beside me :)

It's lovely isn't it.
    CRTHD wrote: »

:D:D:D
    Osusana wrote: »
    No - had dogs all my adult life and they have never been allowed into the bedrooms, or upstairs for that matter. Don't need a gate to stop them either lol.

The only disturbed night that I can recall is during the first big freeze when one of the dogs was really agitated and would not settle. He was trying to tell me that glass bottles in the garage were exploding, but I could not hear them and did not discover them until the day after. Fortunately the water was still frozen but lids had flown off and glass shattered!

Ahhh, so the dog was probably worried that there was an intruder on the territory.

Can I ask why you had bottles of water in the garage :confused:
    Usually its my cat on my back or between my legs. They can sleep for hours without moving.

Some of my cats (including one of my present ones) like to sleep on top of me during the night. I wonder, as they view us as their mother, it's because that's was their particular spot where they settled down for the night on their real mother (if cats actually do that, I know they each have their own nipple to suckle on).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Sometimes when I bend my knees she sleeps on the point which is quite funny. I sometimes move my knees from side to side gently and her head wobbles as she tries to balance. It makes her look like one of those nodding cats. I still find it very funny.
  • Options
    girlfrommarsgirlfrommars Posts: 2,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    My dogs; Bailey curls into the crook of my legs under the duvet and Tilly lays down the other side of me stretched out under or over the duvet. The problem is getting up in the night for a wee because neither of them will move so I have to worm my way out the top and slither my way back in causing as little disturbance as possible. Also Bailey will not jump on the bed in the dark he gets up for a wee (dog flap) and then comes back and whines at the side of the bed until I lift him up. What gets me though is why I keep puting myself out for them both.:D
  • Options
    Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    Yes
    Yep! Lola usually lies at the bottom of the bed on the empty side but when she decides she wants a cuddle I haven't the heart to move her. For some reason she curled up against my back the other night, not on the empty side of the bed but between me and the edge. I woke up in the morning sandwiched between the cat on one side and both kids who'd got up at some point in the night and came through to my bed.

Sometimes she'll lie on my chest to get clapped but she drools really badly when she purrs so that's not very pleasant.

The kitten is still at that bonkers stage so she gets shut in the living room/kitchen at night because she jumps on Lola's head and they start chasing each other. :D Or she bites my nose for attention.
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes
    my cat regularly sleeps on my pillow and many a times Ive been moved to the edge of the pillow or bed to accomodate him and where he wants to sleep. Mind you once he was spralled all over my pillow and me being half asleep just put my head on his belly and fell asleep-he didnt mind though!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No
    I bow to no man ( or woman :p) in the love I have for my 3 cats or indeed animals in general but if I want the spot on the sofa that a cat or dog or whatever is curled up in then I take that spot.

My cats are welcome to sleep on my bed but they fit around me, its my bed :eek:

When I stay at a girlfriend's house her 2 bulldogs try o tshare my spot in the bed and they get short shrift as well, you have no idea how icy the bed can get with 2 people in it, when you kick someones dogs off the bed :D
  • Options
    staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No
    No...
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Over the years OH has spent a few nights on the sofa as Amber and I have been so snuggled up in bed he didn't want to disturb us :D

OH stays up a little later than I do and Amber comes to bed with me without fail every single night. We have 10 minutes of grooming (her frantically licking and nudging my hands and me stroking her) then she settles as close to me as she can get....

I have to get up to wash my hands so she then goes to the bottom of the bed but it's lovely to have that time :o

She usually snuggles up to me after I am asleep hence OH feeling like a spare part :p
  • Options
    marieukxxmarieukxx Posts: 4,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My dogs; Bailey curls into the crook of my legs under the duvet and Tilly lays down the other side of me stretched out under or over the duvet. The problem is getting up in the night for a wee because neither of them will move so I have to worm my way out the top and slither my way back in causing as little disturbance as possible. Also Bailey will not jump on the bed in the dark he gets up for a wee (dog flap) and then comes back and whines at the side of the bed until I lift him up. What gets me though is why I keep puting myself out for them both.:D

Lol my dogs are the same. And Tillie won't get on the bed in the dark after she's been out for a wee either, she puts her feet up for me to lift her up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Sometimes when I bend my knees she sleeps on the point which is quite funny. I sometimes move my knees from side to side gently and her head wobbles as she tries to balance. It makes her look like one of those nodding cats. I still find it very funny.

It's good to have some fun with a cat :D

Animal behaviour experts have actually concluded that cats do have a sense of humour.
    My dogs; Bailey curls into the crook of my legs under the duvet and Tilly lays down the other side of me stretched out under or over the duvet. The problem is getting up in the night for a wee because neither of them will move so I have to worm my way out the top and slither my way back in causing as little disturbance as possible. Also Bailey will not jump on the bed in the dark he gets up for a wee (dog flap) and then comes back and whines at the side of the bed until I lift him up. What gets me though is why I keep puting myself out for them both.

I often have to worm my way out of bed, mainly because I don't want the cat to jump off the bed :o

I've never heard of a dog flap before, is it safe? I mean if a dog can come in, could a human intrude into your home in this way?
    Yep! Lola usually lies at the bottom of the bed on the empty side but when she decides she wants a cuddle I haven't the heart to move her. For some reason she curled up against my back the other night, not on the empty side of the bed but between me and the edge. I woke up in the morning sandwiched between the cat on one side and both kids who'd got up at some point in the night and came through to my bed.

Sometimes she'll lie on my chest to get clapped but she drools really badly when she purrs so that's not very pleasant.

The kitten is still at that bonkers stage so she gets shut in the living room/kitchen at night because she jumps on Lola's head and they start chasing each other. :D Or she bites my nose for attention.

Clapped :confused: I'm not sure what you mean by that phrase...
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    my cat regularly sleeps on my pillow and many a times Ive been moved to the edge of the pillow or bed to accomodate him and where he wants to sleep. Mind you once he was spralled all over my pillow and me being half asleep just put my head on his belly and fell asleep-he didnt mind though!

Yes! I've often used a cat as a pillow! During the day I tell one that she is a cushion with a head and we have a sleep on the sofa.
    Justabloke wrote: »
    I bow to no man ( or woman :p) in the love I have for my 3 cats or indeed animals in general but if I want the spot on the sofa that a cat or dog or whatever is curled up in then I take that spot.

My cats are welcome to sleep on my bed but they fit around me, its my bed :eek:

When I stay at a girlfriend's house her 2 bulldogs try o tshare my spot in the bed and they get short shrift as well, you have no idea how icy the bed can get with 2 people in it, when you kick someones dogs off the bed :D

I remember as a child coming home from school on a freezing cold day. I went straight to the living room to lay in front of the fire, only to find the dog there. I moved the dog further back and laid in it's former place to get warm.

The dog barked and growled until I moved and then laid back where it was.

It had worked out what I had done in it's mind and sought to remedy matters!!!!!
    Over the years OH has spent a few nights on the sofa as Amber and I have been so snuggled up in bed he didn't want to disturb us :D

OH stays up a little later than I do and Amber comes to bed with me without fail every single night. We have 10 minutes of grooming (her frantically licking and nudging my hands and me stroking her) then she settles as close to me as she can get....

I have to get up to wash my hands so she then goes to the bottom of the bed but it's lovely to have that time :o

She usually snuggles up to me after I am asleep hence OH feeling like a spare part :p

I was recently reading about when/why cats lick themselves clean.

Apparently, they do it last thing at night before going to sleep in order to remove any remnants of food/scent so that it won't attract predators before they go to sleep when they are vulnerable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    My husband always complains of an interrupted nights sleep because Sookie likes to sleep on his feet and by the morning shes stretched right out and hubby is left sleeping on a slither of the bed!! She's also got a habit of walking up his body when hes asleep and flopping down under his arm - he's such a light sleeper and she always wakes him up! She doesn't sleep next to me, I snore too much so I think it probably scares her off!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Yes
    haha EVERYNIGHT one cat on me, one between my feet and the other next to me! you just wait until we get a dog!