Options

speeding advice- awareness course

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
Forum Member
so yes i've been caught speeding again (36 in a 30 oops), i had an offence 8 months ago and went on the speed awareness course in one county.
I received the first letter for this 2nd speeding offence and sent it back, accepting the charge. Now they have sent me a letter saying i am egilible for a speed awareness course (for a different county), i've logged on to the website with my driving license number and it lets me go through the process (haven't booked it yet). Now i know you aren't egibile if you have attended a course before but yet the letter says i am and i can book.
Should i risk it and try and get away with it (and plead ignorance if they question me) or should i not bother and take the points?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The course didn't help the first time. It's a national register and you are not allowed to do the course again within 3 years.

If they have offered the course I don't see how you could be accused of doing anything wrong more likely a cock up with the register.

Just book the course and plead ignorance if questioned.
  • Options
    c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know of somebody else who has been caught in two different areas and been offered the course in both so I guess the national register is not working. He even took the course in the same location both times.
  • Options
    Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ouch. Do the course. It's pretty benign. And modify your driving?
  • Options
    Evo102Evo102 Posts: 13,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't suppose the private companies that run the courses are that fussed if they get repeat business, more profit for them, that's what it is all about in the end.
  • Options
    David (2)David (2) Posts: 20,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    for minor speeding issues, get a sat nav with indicated speed, and keep it switched on whenever driving. You will know for sure that when it reads 30mph, you really are doing 30, and not 32 or whatever the car speedo says.

I also like cars with Cruise Control as you can sit at 30mph (or whatever the speed limit is) all day long without touching the pedals.