Twitter Hacked

occyoccy Posts: 64,627
Forum Member
✭✭
Twitter accounts have been hacked again meaning 100s of accounts had to have their passwords reset.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21304049

Comments

• Auntie ClimaxAuntie Climax Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    100s? I read it was 250,000.
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My account seems ok - no tweets sent under my name that I haven't sent myself, I can log in and haven't been sent an email from them, thankfully. I can only guess my account may have been left as I have a moderately safe password I think (not an obvious word, not even a full word as such) - using a combination of numbers and letters definitely helps, as well as (like they were saying on BBC news a few minutes ago) not using very obvious password related words, like the 'p' word itself. It is a bit disconcerting how many still use such words...
  • mountymounty Posts: 19,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    watch out for the inevitable phishing related to the hack!
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    How 'dreadful'.:sleep:
  • PrinceOfDenmarkPrinceOfDenmark Posts: 2,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely this is good news? If somebody else can now post pointless crap under your name, it saves you doing it yourself, freeing up your time to do something useful?
  • gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    who cares? its bollox
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine was one of the accounts. I never actually 'tweet' so my followers were delighted to learn how much money, in dollars, I had been making answering surveys. Every day, for months. Sadly, I had earned no money answering surveys. The only thing I earned was the delight of having to delete five months worth of rubbish from my Twitter.