Options

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy BBC4 Tues 19/11 10pm

13»

Comments

• Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Also it dawned on me that Matt Berry's voice (Toast, The It Crowd) is an OTT version of Ian Richardson :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, meant to to bump this. Seamless continuation apart from Dudley Sutton as a Russian! Didn't even recognise Ingrid Pitt.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I only watched TTSP last year, after watching the film, and enjoyed it very much.

I hope this will be on iPlayer/On Demand if it's as good as the original series.

I watch a few things on BBC4 but saw no advertising for this at all.
  • Options
    jo2015jo2015 Posts: 6,021
    Forum Member
    mike65 wrote: »
    Yep, meant to to bump this. Seamless continuation apart from Dudley Sutton as a Russian! Didn't even recognise Ingrid Pitt.

Actually

Wait till you hear Esterhase's accent

And how Guillam looks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Watched the first two episodes last night and it's intruiging. A very slow burner though.

I wonder how modern audiences would take to it if it was a new series.
    True Detective was quite slow paced and apparently people are disappointed with Fortitude for being slow, although i've not got round to watching it yet.

Also surprising to see Maureen Lipman and Alan Rickman popup in cameos.
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love it - nothing "happening" slowly and yet completely absorbing. Smilie is a fascinating figure. Apparently civilised and gentle but with a bitter contemptuous core running right through him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A very nuanced perfomance. Love the way that he knows how the system works so is always guarded in what he says. Even a simple reply to a everyday question he thinks what the angle is an reponds appropriately.