Options

When Corden met Barlow

Comments

• Options
    jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    Great stuff. You can tell that Corden has a lot of respect for GB, he let him tell his story well.

Exactly what we said. - good programme which we both enjoyed and my OH is not a Gary Barlow fan at all.
  • Options
    MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    newda898 wrote: »
    Well that was a rather nice and warm sort of documentary.

He's a proper genius is Barlow.
    I agree with you and found Gary to be a very warm, open and honest person and I wish him and his family lots of love for their future, and much success for whatever Gary wants to do. X
  • Options
    Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    northlad wrote: »
    It was dreadful, the BBC putting a puff piece for Gary Barlow interviewed by Cordon on at
    9.00 pm, you could not get more dumbed down if you tried.

But you didn't watch it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well let's just say it was sanctimonious shite, two boring luvvies with nothing interesting to say, Barlow is an arse licking toad of the highest order and as for Corden he is just a fat bloke who writes about unlucky in love fat blokes.

The ratings for this cancerous crud will hopefully be in the toilet.

Oh dear! Bad day at the office I take it? :p
  • Options
    MybelleMybelle Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    I'd be really interested to watch the documentary again that triggered the band's reformation. Is it available anywhere online?

It's called something like Take That for the Record. I picked it up on Amazon for next to nothing. Robbie didn't appear at the meeting, but he did say something along the lines of that he'd have given up everything to have the family life Gary had. I guess he's got his wish now.:p It didn't show him in a good light at all really.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    Well let's just say it was sanctimonious shite, two boring luvvies with nothing interesting to say, Barlow is an arse licking toad of the highest order and as for Corden he is just a fat bloke who writes about unlucky in love fat blokes.

Robbie - is that you? :p
  • Options
    PoppySeedPoppySeed Posts: 2,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well you obviously can't stand either of them yet still watched it (how would you know it was sanctimonious shite) therefore helping to add to the number of viewers:p
  • Options
    leopard_printleopard_print Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great program to round the bank holiday off. I never understood why people were so horrible to him but worshipped ****s like oasis etc
  • Options
    PoppySeedPoppySeed Posts: 2,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    I can't believe how awful the tabloids were :(

Really shameful, nasty spitefulness by the tabloids, they can be such scum>:(
  • Options
    AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The preview for this is the Sunday Times was wondering whether there was anyone in the country who actually likes both of these people. Unbelievably, it appears that there are.
  • Options
    HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed watching this , I never realised just how much the press and others turned on Gary . At least he had the last laugh .
  • Options
    tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My idea of TV Hell.
    Needless to say I didn't tune in.
  • Options
    RIPYorkshireTVRIPYorkshireTV Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    I'm going to say, as a fan of Corden and with nothing against Barlow, I really didn't like it.

Far too fawning for my taste. The input of Jo Wiley and Gordon Smart as talking heads, in particular, felt really small-time to me. Like something ITV2 should be putting on.
  • Options
    puppylove7puppylove7 Posts: 66,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've literally just watched it and wow! I loved it!! I loved how James Corden was sensitive with the questioning and just let him tell his story and then you had them having fun as well like singing in the car and at the end. I think Gary is incredible to come through all that hatred, I never realised it was that bad! Loved it, loved it, loved it!! I will now go to sleep with a smile on my face! :)
  • Options
    My Sweet LifeMy Sweet Life Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Take That: For The Record' can be picked up on DVD from Amazon, and their later documentary, 'Look Back Don't Stare' about their reunion with Robbie can also be purchased on DVD.

Loved last nights documentary. I love Take That. :blush::)
  • Options
    Susie-RSusie-R Posts: 1,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved watching last nights documentary, what a beautiful and inspirational person Gary is. I'll think of "Let Me Go" in a different way now. Some comedians and the media were really cruel to him yet he's bounced back in a big way
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why don't you stop beating round the bush and say what you really think!!:D:D
  • Options
    Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was the name of that song he started to play on the white grand and then stopped but continued along the keyboard...Corden said 'Aw I thought you were going to play the whole thing'....?

I really like Barlow's music :).

Hoping the band will come to Belfast in the near future, my 9 year old son also loves their music :).
  • Options
    amanda daisyamanda daisy Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    What was the name of that song he started to play on the white grand and then stopped but continued along the keyboard...Corden said 'Aw I thought you were going to play the whole thing'....?

I really like Barlow's music :).

Hoping the band will come to Belfast in the near future, my 9 year old son also loves their music :).
    Forever Love :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forever Love :)

Thank you ;-) :)
  • Options
    Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    divingbboy wrote: »
    I've genuinely never quite understood why Barlow gets so much stick.

Because he has earned it... Maybe,.... but who am I to judge!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dansky+HD wrote: »

Tall Poppy syndrome...that's what we call it in Australia when someone's profile rises too substantially for others to deal with and so they get knocked down.

A question: when Take That reformed in 2005 wasn't their first TV appearance on This Morning...? I was living in France back then and am certain I saw them on the show around that time and thinking 'Hmmm, wonder if they'll do any good after so long?'.
  • Options
    Susie-RSusie-R Posts: 1,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The People who are saying Gary is a knob obviously never watched last nights documentary because he came over as such a lovely humble person. He's admitted before that he did things wrong in his youth which may of appeared arrogant and he admitted last night that he made mistakes during the first years of Take That. He's had a lot of stick over the years but one thing is certain, he loves his fans and you'll see that if you ever go to one of his concerts. The programme didn't do too badly in the ratings considering it was up against, Game of Thrones and Prey, it had 3.43m . I think that Gary is one of the loveliest celebrities you'll ever meet.
  • Options
    via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched this to see if my dislike of GB was justified.
    I still don't like him much, but agree that some of the things said/printed about him were cruel beyond belief.

As to Robbie.... I like Robbie Williams but agree he can be a dick at times (and he would probably be the first to admit it too), but only slight mention was made of the actual spate between Williams and Barlow. GB admits he did and said things he now regrets. It wasn't all down to RW.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    Dansky+HD wrote: »

earned it? please explain in more detail.