Super Smash Bros for 3DS and Wii U

MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ever since I started this forum about 10 months ago, I've never seen a thread about this.

Are you going to buy it, and if so, which version? I'm going to buy both, I would have just bought the Wii U version but it's being released quite a bit later, about 2 months I believe and I can't wait that long.

What are your opinions on the final roster? I wish Ridley and Mewtwo were playable… I'll probably still main Zelda tbh.

Comments

• brbbrb Posts: 27,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll probably get both. I'd prefer on Wii U, but with the 3DS version coming soon... I don't think I have the will power to wait. Especially with no firm U release date, yet.

Bayonetta should have been playable. Especially with the game coming up soon. Excited to play as the Villager, though :D
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    I'll probably get both as well. I thought I would get a demo code through club nintendo, but nowt yet.
  • MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah tbh I'm quite disappointed with the final roster, don't get me wrong it's the best roster yet - but - Ridley, King K Rool and Mewtwo were the 3 most popular characters in the West (after Megaman), and none of them are in. Palutena and Little Mac were fairly close, too, but still behind the "big 3" as I'm seeing them called now. Mewtwo was apparently the most wanted worldwide. I feel Sakurai trolled a lot with Ridley and Mewtwo, and there's every right for their supporters to be disappointed.

Some rumours going around that Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie and Chorus Kids could be released when the Wii U one is released, in order to keep the hype high. Then, the rest could be downloaded, retaining the "Wii U and 3DS will have the same roster" claim. Really wish they weren't the same, because then we'd have Ice Climbers on the Wii U!

Still, Duck Hunt Dog looks brilliant :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could be wrong, but I have a feeling that the "no-DLC" claim made by Sakurai won't last long. Especially with how successful the MK8 DLC seems to be - and it hasn't even been released yet. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw the likes of Mewtwo being released when the new 3DS Pokémon games launch.
  • samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will be getting the Wii U version.

The final roster seems pretty bulky compared to Brawl. I will still probably stick with Zelda though, or maybe try Sheik now they aren't the same character. I always liked Zero-Suit Samus as well.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WiiU version for me! :)

Anyone know when it's hitting the shelves? :)
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Ive been undecided whether to buy or not.
    I received a download code from Nintendo to download the demo for my sons 3DS which I've been playing a little of, which has got me slightly interested now.
    Hopefully they'll provide a WiiU demo nearer the time too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    WiiU version for me! :)

Anyone know when it's hitting the shelves? :)

It's got a winter 2014 release date. I reckon early December
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marcusjll wrote: »
    It's got a winter 2014 release date. I reckon early December

I hope it does have a December release date cause Oct/Nov are already full to bursting with AAA titles on the X1/PS4 :blush:
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    IGN have reported a leaked date. Someone posted a picture on Twitter or something and it has a release date of November 21.

Could be lies, dunno.

linky link
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it does have a December release date cause Oct/Nov are already full to bursting with AAA titles on the X1/PS4 :blush:

I know!! I want Far Cry 4, Assassin's Creed Unity and Dragon Age!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    IGN have reported a leaked date. Someone posted a picture on Twitter or something and it has a release date of November 21.

Could be lies, dunno.

linky link

woah a lot earlier than I though. So many games coming out in November… Wish it was later tbh, My most wanted game of the year, but I know I'll push every other one aside for this!
  • Paul237Paul237 Posts: 8,654
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Ive been undecided whether to buy or not.
    I received a download code from Nintendo to download the demo for my sons 3DS which I've been playing a little of, which has got me slightly interested now.
    Hopefully they'll provide a WiiU demo nearer the time too.

Do you know how you qualified for it? I'm a Club Nintendo member with loads of stars, but I didn't get a demo code. So I'd love to know how they decided who got one! Ah well.

I'll be getting both the 3DS and Wii U versions. I love Smash Bros and have had all the games in the franchise so far. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hows everyone liking the demo? I totally forgot and now realised my 3DS needs charging :cry:
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the demo publicly available yet?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    Is the demo publicly available yet?

It was released yesterday in EU :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    It was released yesterday in EU :)

So is it worth downloading then? 😇
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So is it worth downloading then? 😇

It's ok. You can play as villager, Mario, Megaman or Pikachu. Personally (I've never played a smash game), I find the controls pretty fiddly and I think it's pretty hard to keep up with exactly what it happening on the small screen (especially when you're spread over the map). Online is going to hell.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    It's ok. You can play as villager, Mario, Megaman or Pikachu. Personally (I've never played a smash game), I find the controls pretty fiddly and I think it's pretty hard to keep up with exactly what it happening on the small screen (especially when you're spread over the map). Online is going to hell.

You can play as Link too. Or at least could in Japan and America. I'm not going to bother downloading. I don't main any of them characters. I'll just wait for the actual game. If it was a demo for the Wii U version I'd be downloading though!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The "no DLC" claim has been broken. At the very least, it seems we will be getting DLC stages.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wii U version confirmed for 5th December.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's everyone's opinions on this game? Looking forward to the Wii U one more. Great game though, just hard to see your character sometimes. Shame Palutena is bad and currently bottom of the tier list
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I'm crap at it. Still enjoy it, though :p I do think the screen is too small, really. If this was a new non-Nintendo IP, then I think it would have been slaughtered in reviews.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marcusjll wrote: »
    What's everyone's opinions on this game? Looking forward to the Wii U one more. Great game though, just hard to see your character sometimes. Shame Palutena is bad and currently bottom of the tier list

I think that you can adjust the shading thickness around characters, and an option to have like a speech bubble above them showing 1p/2p/3p etc.

I'm enjoying it so far, my best character is Peach though my own Mii is gaining up. One thing I have not yet managed to do is one of those super moves, those "final smash" things I think they're called. How do you execute them?

Oh and one thing that I have noticed that when you're loading the game up it takes a bit of a while (on the 3DS).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A_Zombie wrote: »
    I think that you can adjust the shading thickness around characters, and an option to have like a speech bubble above them showing 1p/2p/3p etc.

I'm enjoying it so far, my best character is Peach though my own Mii is gaining up. One thing I have not yet managed to do is one of those super moves, those "final smash" things I think they're called. How do you execute them?

Oh and one thing that I have noticed that when you're loading the game up it takes a bit of a while (on the 3DS).

yeah loading times are quite bad. And re the final smash, an item will float around on screen called a "smash ball" - hit it a few times and you character will glow different colours. Just press b and you'll execute it.