Horne & Corden To "Lie Low"

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,372
Forum Member
✭✭✭
"Comedy pairing James Corden and Mathew Horne have admitted they fear becoming over-exposed and have vowed to lie low after their new movie comes out."

The rest of the story here:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Showbiz-News/James-Corden-And-Matthew-Horne-Fear-Over-Exposure-Gaving-and-Stacey-Stars-Have-New-Film-And-Series/Article/200903215241263?lpos=Showbiz_News_Second_Home_Page_Article_Teaser_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15241263_James_Corden_And_Matthew_Horne_Fear_Over-Exposure%3A_Gaving_and_Stacey_Stars_Have_New_Film_And_Series

Opinions on this site are mixed regarding these two, personally i'll be glad to see the back of them for a while.

Comments

• wolfpawwolfpaw Posts: 10,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Change 'for a while' for 'forever' and you'd have my opinion too

:)
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wolfpaw wrote: »
    Change 'for a while' for 'forever' and you'd have my opinion too

:)

:D:D:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not remotely funny which is a problem for a supposed comedy act.
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forever is harsh- I reckon 5 years will do.
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank God - they're everywhere at the moment. It's not even as if they're that good. I mean, Gavin & Stacey is pretty funny but the first episode of their new sketch show really was bottom of the barrel crap.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rat wrote: »
    Not remotely funny which is a problem for a supposed comedy act.
    QFT :)
  • Sun_BeamSun_Beam Posts: 11,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not seen any of their work, and I dont wish to as I see enough of the in the magazines and on various TV programmes - not through choice! As with anyone who gets to a certain level in what they do, they will, no doubt, get ideas above their station, which will lead to them being severely over-exposed (has it happened yet?) and will become a bore and not remembered for what they began doing, and just for being famous - it happens to them all, so at least they have the good grace to see the possibility of over-exposure and to take a rest!

Are they really that funny, or are they just well managed and fallen lucky because of the hype off the back of their show, Gavin and Stacey, which I've not seen!
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sun_Beam wrote: »

Are they really that funny,
    or are they just well managed and fallen lucky because of the hype off the back of their show, Gavin and Stacey, which I've not seen!
    Well, Gavin and Stacey IS funny, imo. But I suspect that's got more to do with Ruth Jones than these two.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    Hayden wrote: »
    Forever is harsh- I reckon 5 years will do.

Try ten.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I don't mind Horne, liked him before partnering up with that awful fat man.
    Forum Member
    I don't mind Horne, liked him before partnering up with that awful fat man.

I prefer the awful fat man. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer the awful fat man. :D
    Like choosing between aids and the plague.
    Forum Member
    Like choosing between aids and the plague.

Nice analogy.
  • tonyslimtonyslim Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    The new sketch show is diabolical. Embarrasing. I thought James Corden was good on Comic Relief with the England Team. I love Gavin and Stacey but they should have stuck with that for now.
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gavin and Stacey is funny but that has as much to do with Rob Bryden and Ruth Jones as Horne and Corden.
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As always Ally Ross speaks the truth

'And in less than a year, he’s gone from being the likeable chubby fella off Gavin & Stacey to that fat git, with a laugh like a neutered howler monkey, off every-ruddy-thing'
  • MadakMadak Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    Is Matthew Horne even a comedian? I thought he was just an actor who was hired to be in Gavin and Stacey. Now Horne and Corden seem to think they're the new Hale and Pace, or Cannon and Ball, or Little and Large ... hee. I'm getting so old to remember all those.

The one good bit of their sketch show was James Corden impersonating Ricky Gervais (though it was David Brent I think rather than Gervais himself?) he was spot on with that. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madak wrote: »
    Is Matthew Horne even a comedian? I thought he was just an actor who was hired to be in Gavin and Stacey.
    Indeed. It is very bizarre.
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed. It is very bizarre.

Doesn't Horne help write it? Or is it just Corden and Jones?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope they lie low for the rest of time, at least as a comedy double-act. They're not comedians, they're not comic writers - they're comic actors. Stick to what you're good at, lads.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't Horne help write it? Or is it just Corden and Jones?
    Only ever been reported as those two writing it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 285
    Forum Member
    Does anybody know the piece of music used on the trailor for this series - something about 'two people'
    Thanks - Tim
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are like two overgrown schoolboys with a feeble attempt at very juvenile humour.
    Their "presenting" skills at Brits with the pop star was just awful. The dullest Brits ever
    They can lay low for over a decade imo.Longer if need be.Corden was also so silly with Footballers on Comic Relief..surprised they did not ram his head down the loo. So not funny, either of them either together or apart
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    This unfunny pair were over-exposed in the first five minutes they appeared together on TV.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Does anybody know the piece of music used on the trailor for this series - something about 'two people'
    Thanks - Tim

Yes. It's '2 People' by Jean Jacques Smoothie. Originally released in 2001 on the Echo label, catalogue number ECSCD112.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VpMtS2kjPw