Glee (US Pace) (Part 4)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cherish is good aswell, actually all the songs from this episode are alright. Id heard the Madonna part of the Cherish mashup before but not the other part, I like it though. :)

I think this has to be the best episode song-wise, I like them all, except I will always love you which isn't actually disliked, its just nothing all that new, its not a song you can really tamper with :)
    Home is pretty good too! Its Rory right? He sounds good :D
    BIB - this isnt the song I thought it was :(

Much as I do quite like the twee, light weight L.O.V.E, I thought it was going to be F.E.E.L.I.N.G.C.A.L.L.E.D.L.O.V.E:o

All those full stops confused me:o

So obviously I am sorely disappointed:(

***StressMonkey goes off to listen to Different Class for approx the 1000th time this century***

Thats what I did with Let Me Love You. I was expecting the song by Josh Wilson just because thats the only one I've ever heard by that name. Its a very different song:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9nbe6-hgjE
  • xxLoopy_louxxxxLoopy_louxx Posts: 21,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this has to be the best episode song-wise, I like them all, except I will always love you which isn't actually disliked, its just nothing all that new, its not a song you can really tamper with :)
    Home is pretty good too! Its Rory right? He sounds good :D

I know what you mean about the Whitney song, its going to be sung the same way no matter who sings it but I think Amber sounds amazing singing it.

Yeah thats Rory singing Home. Hes really good, I wish they would let him sing or even just talk a bit more. Could listen to his accent all day. :D

Is that Sam doing the rapping on Stereo Hearts? Hes not that bad. :)
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know what you mean about the Whitney song, its going to be sung the same way no matter who sings it but I think Amber sounds amazing singing it.

Yeah thats Rory singing Home. Hes really good, I wish they would let him sing or even just talk a bit more. Could listen to his accent all day. :D

It isn't a Whitney song:eek: Its a Dolly song:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It isn't a Whitney song:eek: Its a Dolly song:)

Ooops, my bad. :o I just remember Whitney singing it in The Bodyguard so I always just think of her when I hear it. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He is great, pretty underused too imo though I do wish they'd fix his hair a bit! But Damien says theres a shock surrounding Rory this week, I hope he's not going. But really I think they need him for numbers.. I think he's gonna end up with someone unexpected (so not Sugar) but I cant think who. Part of me wonders if its Quinn because he's been sitting with her quite often recently, but I don't think they really work together and there also seems to be something between Quinn and Joe as she sings cherish with him, Mercedes and Sam.. Like paired up? And she's also doing harmonies in Stereo hearts too I think..
    Yeah its Sam for Stereo Hearts, I think it works really well with Joe doing chorus, Mercedes doing the bridgey bits and Sam rapping the chorus. He's a better rapper than Blaine..:rolleyes:
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooops, my bad. :o I just remember Whitney singing it in The Bodyguard so I always just think of her when I hear it. :)

Lol - think its just my age showing:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is great, pretty underused too imo though I do wish they'd fix his hair a bit! But Damien says theres a shock surrounding Rory this week, I hope he's not going. But really I think they need him for numbers.. I think he's gonna end up with someone unexpected (so not Sugar) but I cant think who. Part of me wonders if its Quinn because he's been sitting with her quite often recently, but I don't think they really work together and there also seems to be something between Quinn and Joe as she sings cherish with him, Mercedes and Sam.. Like paired up? And she's also doing harmonies in Stereo hearts too I think..
    Yeah its Sam for Stereo Hearts, I think it works really well with Joe doing chorus, Mercedes doing the bridgey bits and Sam rapping the chorus. He's a better rapper than Blaine..:rolleyes:

I saw a sneak peek of the episode on youtube and
    There is a love triangle with Artie, Rory and Sugar, both of the boys are trying to woo her. :D

I did see something about Joe getting a love interest aswell which Im assuming will be Quinn since shes the only one left isnt she?

Yeah, it does, the three of them sound good together. Havent heard Blaine rap before but Id say its a good bet that Sam is better than Blaine. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a love triangle with Artie, Rory and Sugar, both of the boys are trying to woo her. :D

I did see something about Joe getting a love interest aswell which Im assuming will be Quinn since shes the only one left isnt she?

Yeah, it does, the three of them sound good together. Havent heard Blaine rap before but Id say its a good bet that Sam is better than Blaine. :D
    Yeah, and at some point Samuel Larsen basically described Dianna as the type of person he'd like to be paired of with as a love interest when acting. I think both characters are christian too? Not that you could only be christian to be together or anything!:D

Just had to edit to add how I love that Quinn's on two songs this week! :D:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stereo Hearts Performance! Really like that. Its cute :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbUeKyzAiqU

And Rachel's dads
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/02/10/glee-rachels-gay-dads/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3x14 songs
    Glad You Came
    What Doesn't Kill You (Stronger)
    Fly/I Believe I Can Fly
    Stand
    Here's To Us
    Cough Syrup

source ontd_glee
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiny bit cynical here but do you think Glee would ever change a song in an episode to fit in the death of Whitney Houston? I can just see them giving I Will always Love You to Merceds to sing to her boyfriend when splits from him or Sam when they graduate. They couldn't give it to anyone else other than Santana as their voices are the deepest and I think you need backing behind your voice to pull it off and Dolly/Whitney had it that's why it was so successful
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alixfowler wrote: »
    Tiny bit cynical here but do you think Glee would ever change a song in an episode to fit in the death of Whitney Houston? I can just see them giving I Will always Love You to Merceds to sing to her boyfriend when splits from him or Sam when they graduate. They couldn't give it to anyone else other than Santana as their voices are the deepest and I think you need backing behind your voice to pull it off and Dolly/Whitney had it that's why it was so successful

Well, if it's Santana to Brittany, I wouldn't mind. Some suggestion that they may shoe-horn it into the Valentines ep, really hope they don't do that. EDIT: oh I see Amber has already done it for this episode, weird coincidence, I don't listen to previews.
  • missloomissloo Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So with Rory's Song - Home, Does that mean our cute wee Irish man is leaving :( I love him - its so strange hearing the NI accent on Glee of all things!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    missloo wrote: »
    So with Rory's Song - Home, Does that mean our cute wee Irish man is leaving :( I love him - its so strange hearing the NI accent on Glee of all things!
    I dont think so because he was tweeting last week about filming the Regionals episode. :)

Also, I dont think they would have been able to put a Whitney song into this weeks episode if they already hadnt done it. They wouldnt have time to do it and edit it in and everything would they? Just a wierd coincideance that it was already being done. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't really meaning next week I just meant generally at some point in the series. Mercedes is already singing it? I wonder what context it will be in?
  • revans33revans33 Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sadly we have heard Blaine rap during 'Perfect'
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Considering the episode was being filmed and recorded two weeks ago it's simply a coincidence. Unless of course Ryan Murphy's a modern day Nostradamos.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't really meaning next week I just meant generally at some point in the series. Mercedes is already singing it? I wonder what context it will be in?

Oh yeah, I think if there wasnt one already in the next episode then they would have tried to fit one in somewhere in the remaining episodes. Yep, its Mercedes singing it, a lot of people were asking Amber on twitter who would she be singing it to but obviously she didnt say. :)
    revans33 wrote: »
    Sadly we have heard Blaine rap during 'Perfect'

Ah yes, I remember now. Sam definatley wins the rap-off. :D
  • Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    I didn't enjoy the music so much this time around although I want Ricky Martins babies.

Mr Shue deserved a smack in the mouth for being such a dick.

I had to laugh at Kurt "oh thanks for keeping me company while Blaine is recupperating"

Ohhhhh please hes laying in bed with an effing eyepatch. Ah kurt just when I was starting to like you.

I wouldn't miss blaine at all if he never came back.

I'm finding it hard to get excited about this show anymore
  • Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    Oh gawwwwwwd I hope they don't do a whitney houston tribute episode
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't enjoy the music so much this time around although I want Ricky Martins babies.

Mr Shue deserved a smack in the mouth for being such a dick.

I had to laugh at Kurt "oh thanks for keeping me company while Blaine is recupperating"

Ohhhhh please hes laying in bed with an effing eyepatch. Ah kurt just when I was starting to like you.

I wouldn't miss blaine at all if he never came back.

I'm finding it hard to get excited about this show anymore

Yes I sadly agree, I used to love watching Glee each week and I don't know whether it's because they have moved it onto Sky1 from E4 and it doesn't feel the same watching it. I also agree I wouldn't care if Blaine didn't return. I didn't actually mind Kurt without Blaine, he was close to his catty original character in S1

PS I do think they'll do a special episode for Whitney I'm surprised they haven't done any of her music yet
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I sadly agree, I used to love watching Glee each week and I don't know whether it's because they have moved it onto Sky1 from E4 and it doesn't feel the same watching it. I also agree I wouldn't care if Blaine didn't return. I didn't actually mind Kurt without Blaine, he was close to his catty original character in S1

PS I do think they'll do a special episode for Whitney I'm surprised they haven't done any of her music yet

I agree with the both of you. I was starting to tolerate Kurt again (when he doesn't have a sob story he's actually a good character)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think one of the things I liked about Kurt before was his independance. I mean, for some characters I want them to to be together like Quinn and Puck because I love the scenes that come out between them, and that used to be the same for Finchel, now I'm sort of fed up of them, I lost my Finchel love in season 2 but thats a discussion for another day! However characters like Kurt (and actually Mercedes too, one of the few things I liked about her was her independance) I feel work better alone because when they are in a relationship it becomes them and they lose everything outside of that. I liked Klaine as friends, the relationship, not so much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm dead.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice, nice, nice episode. Good intro for the new Glee Project guy and for Rachel's parents. I'm glad their harebrained scheme fell through. Delighted to see Dave back. I look forward to his story continuing.
    I liked most of the songs. Lovely tribute to Whitney Houston.
    Oh, and Rory is a sneaky little leprechaun.

Quinn - 'I guarantee you know a gay person'. There's only way she could be so sure of that.....

And Brittana! YAY!
This discussion has been closed.