Options

Humax 9300 screen ratio problem

katherine500000katherine500000 Posts: 569
Forum Member
✭✭
Ive had my pvr for 18 months but this problem started about 2 months ago.When i turn it on the screen ratio has reverted to 4:3 and i have to manually reset it every time.Also all scheduled recordings are wiped and have to be reset.I know leaving it on all the time would solve it but i dont like doing that really.Any bright ideas guys?

Comments

• Options
    nvingonvingo Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    Sounds like it's doing a defaults setting each time it is switched on (Edit: Correction if it's not losing tuned channels it's not a defaults setting), which someone else has recently experienced (I'll look for the relevant thread shortly. Edit: This (PVR9150) one).
    To verify, set two timer events, one for beyond 15 minutes time, and the second for beyond 15 minutes after the first ends, and put the PVR into standby. Turn it back on after the first and you will likely find the first has recorded and the second has vanished.

Do you use the low-power standby mode (of course you do, it's set by default) - try disabling that in the menu. The PVR will then be "more on" when in standby, and see if the symptoms change.

Oh and a retail 9300 has 2-year warranty.
  • Options
    Big-lesBig-les Posts: 2,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nvingo wrote: »
    Do you use the low-power standby mode (of course you do, it's set by default)

No it isn't, or at least not on both my friend's 9300s. Low Power Standby is OFF by default.
  • Options
    katherine500000katherine500000 Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Nvingo thanks for taking the time to reply to my post.Ive tried what you suggested and yes you are right the first programme recorded fine but no trace of the second programme.What that tells me im not sure.Do you think they would replace it after 18 months?I bought it on Amazon and dont think i have the invoice
  • Options
    nvingonvingo Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    If it was retail it should have 2year warranty. The only ones that have only 1year are Humax B grades from their website.
    So your vendor should make it right with you. Check your payment method for record of the original transaction (ie. credit card bill).
    If you've no joy that way, and do end up stuck I have heard that the PVR9150 and PVR9300 can suffer from failing power supply capacitors and a kit is available that someone competent in electronics can fit. Whether your symptom is caused by failing capacitors I don't know, it would be worth finding out before going down that route.