Could Jesus Christ actualyr have been Dr Who?

2»

Comments

• Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a weird question. It'd be funny, yet offensive to people lol. I'm sort of imagining a cross between Doctor Who accidently doing something in the past and people try to worship him for it (aka Life of Brian style). lol!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,193
    Forum Member
    Sharon87 wrote: »
    Doctor Who accidently doing something in the past and people try to worship him for it (aka Life of Brian style). lol!
    He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy
  • RooksRooks Posts: 9,098
    Forum Member
    brumilad wrote: »
    Exactly. Spot on.

I mean the show has already suggested that the being we on Earth call the Anti-Christ is an alien force. Were you offended by that? I mean it's not all that different from suggesting Christ is an alien..is it?

I wasn't offended but I'm no longer a religious person. I'm agnostic, which means I have no specific religious beliefs though I don't claim there is no possibility of a god or gods - which I believe is where an agnostic differs from an atheist. But I used to be very religious and it's kind of tricky to put my mindset back into that place to decide if "The Satan Pit" would have offended me had I still been religious.
  • trollfacetrollface Posts: 13,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    priggy wrote: »
    yeah but didn't people like Romana when they regenerated they looked the same before the regeneration.

Nope, Mary Tamm became Lalla Ward. Looked completely different.
    Also the Doctor is a fictional character and the only reason he comes back different is because an actor doesn't want to do it anymore - practically in real life this probably wouldn't happen.

Well, it wouldn't happen in real life because Regeneration wouldn't happen in real life because it's a fictional concept. Similarly, the Doctor doesn't actually exist.

If you think like I do, then neither did Jesus, for that matter.
  • Mozart321Mozart321 Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    Dervish, If you like this forthcoming episode, are you going to watch the new ones next year?
  • amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    trollface wrote: »
    Nope, Mary Tamm became Lalla Ward. Looked completely different.

Well, it wouldn't happen in real life because Regeneration wouldn't happen in real life because it's a fictional concept. Similarly, the Doctor doesn't actually exist.

If you think like I do, then neither did Jesus, for that matter.

I think the point priggy was making was that Romana *chose* what she regenerated into, and was saying that the Jesus-Doc (as he shall henceforth be known) could have regenerated into the same appearance. Of course, that's a load of tosh as we know the Doc is on his 9th regeneration (don't anyone correct me, he has only regenerated 9 times!) and couldn't have regenerated after being crucified.

I think a more likely scenario is that Jesus was another, unaccounted-for Time Lord. Perhaps the Master, if we want to really offend people, since he likes to have a God complex.

However, I sense RTD's Easter 2009 special will be David Tennant's 10 as Jesus, the Rani as Mary Magdalene and the Master as Judas.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    its not jesus who is a time lord. it was noah. he lived to hundreds of years old and his boat was big enough to fill 2 of every animal. its the only explanation.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    If we accept the possibility that dervish may be onto something, does this mean that at some point we will see the doctor wander into a Travelodge with two bits of wood and three nails... and ask them to put him up for the night?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maybe the master the doc never had a naff beard
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hot Dogg wrote: »
    Oddly enough, if I had the power to travel in time the crucifixion would be my no.1 destination. would be interesting to see if a). He actually existed and, b). What really happened...

Sorry to Hijack slightly, but this reminds me of something that I have a very vague memory of, but love the idea of. Possibly a short story?

As far as I remember, the concept was that a time traveller went back to see the crucifixion but in order to blend in had to do everything that the crowds were doing, so when the crowds were chanting for Jesus to be crucified he joined in.

The twist was that it turned out that all of the Jews had stayed away and the entire crowd of people chanting for Jesus to be crucified was made up of time travellers trying to blend in.

Does this ring any bells with anyone?
  • p_c_u_kp_c_u_k Posts: 8,806
    Forum Member
    dervish wrote: »
    Could Christinality be based on Dr Who.?

Mmmmmmmmm..... sacrelicious. :D
  • The SlugThe Slug Posts: 4,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gregmantis wrote: »
    Sorry to Hijack slightly, but this reminds me of something that I have a very vague memory of, but love the idea of. Possibly a short story?

As far as I remember, the concept was that a time traveller went back to see the crucifixion but in order to blend in had to do everything that the crowds were doing, so when the crowds were chanting for Jesus to be crucified he joined in.

The twist was that it turned out that all of the Jews had stayed away and the entire crowd of people chanting for Jesus to be crucified was made up of time travellers trying to blend in.

Yep: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=20274774&postcount=36
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,193
    Forum Member
    gregmantis wrote: »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let's_go_to_Golgotha
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Slug wrote: »

Haha. I honestly had not read that post until just now. That's quite funny :)

That's the one. Thanks!