Options

Amazon Price Promise

supersleuthsupersleuth Posts: 470
Forum Member
So I have order Far Cry 4 when it was first announced with a price promise from Amazon (UK).
I have been watching it on Amazon, and several times the price has dropped but the costs registered against my order doesn't change.

Should I be concerned.
I contacted Amazon customer support but they didn't seem to understand what I was on about and indicated I would be charged the lowest price the game was at prior to release.

My concern is, how do I ever know I was charged the lowest price when the costs against my order never updates.
e.g. it is now at £39 on Amazon, yet my order still shows £44

Comments

• Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    If the price lowers, they send you an email saying how much money they are going to pay into your bank.
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the price lowers, they send you an email saying how much money they are going to pay into your bank.

This. A couple of days after you get it they will send you an email with the refund information for the difference.
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As the above have said. You get an email with the price difference refunded after delivery. Amazon are pretty good with this and I've never had a problem. They even go as far as refunding 1p. Something that I wouldn't care about but it shows that they're on top of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member

So before release, do they keep you in touch with price changes? Or do I have to trust that they will charge me only the lowest price.
    I've never received an email about price drops.

I don't want, for example, to pay £44, then wait til after release for my refund.
    I'd rather cancel my order and reorder at the new lower price.

Sorry....I'm struggling...appreciate everyone's patience
  • Options
    gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    This. A couple of days after you get it they will send you an email with the refund information for the difference.

I have had a few refunds like this form Amazon. They have always been pretty quick at giving the money back.
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's an odd one. Take my pre order for Alien Isolation, last time I checked it was 44.99, I pre ordered at 55.00. However my order status says 44.00. I wonder if the refund after sale is if price changes very close to release (I've had this happen too).
    In short don't worry about it. It works.
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So before release, do they keep you in touch with price changes? Or do I have to trust that they will charge me only the lowest price.
    I've never received an email about price drops.

I don't want, for example, to pay £44, then wait til after release for my refund.
    I'd rather cancel my order and reorder at the new lower price.

Sorry....I'm struggling...appreciate everyone's patience

You'd have to keep checking it I think, I've never had them contact me before taking the money to say it had dropped. But if you're concerned about it cancel and renew.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks.
    I've contact customer services to ask them to update my order with the current price
  • Options
    mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    Im pretty certain you get charged the lowest price before dispatch. It does say it can take about 3 days to update in the order details section.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just to add to what I said, had a look in the my order section and all my pre ordered games are now showing the new " lower prices"

So it does take a few days to update.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mikey86uk wrote: »
    Just to add to what I said, had a look in the my order section and all my pre ordered games are now showing the new " lower prices"

So it does take a few days to update.

mines has now also been updated, but not sure if that is a direct result of y contact with customer services or not?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mines has now also been updated, but not sure if that is a direct result of y contact with customer services or not?

Well i didn't contact them and mine went down to the lowest price.

I think they have always done this, it just takes a few days to appear in your account.

Most PS4 games i got on pre order are now only £40

Destiny (£40)
    DriveClub (£40)
    FIFA 15 Ultimate Team Edition (£47)
    Assassins Creed: Unity (£40)
    The Crew (£45)
    Far Cry 4 (£39)
    GTA V (£44)