Kudos to Simon, and this is why...

Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
Forum Member
✭✭
He didn't get his emotions in the way. I feel that if he said "yes" to her, he would have been hypocritical because I remember in Cheryl's first year when someone she knew from Popstars came back who lost out on the boyband at the end was declined by Simon, so it would have been horrible if he said yes to her just because he feels he is in charge.

Good judging!

Comments

• zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was hard for him and he deserves respect for it
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So is it the producers make the decisions for the 3 other judges, but Simon as the head judge gets to make his own decisions?
  • Maxine_RochMaxine_Roch Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    Yes I applaud Simon for that.
  • WayfarersWayfarers Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    She must be a right nightmare to work with. Remember Cowell is the guy who gave a 'yes' to Jedward amongst other tuneless wonders. If she were more a 'character' and a bit controversial she'd have been given the go ahead.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was surprised at Mel saying yes, I thought she would have been strong and done her a favour by saying no, at least Cheryl and Simon said no.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    I was surprised at Mel saying yes, I thought she would have been strong and done her a favour by saying no, at least Cheryl and Simon said no.

That was probably done by the producers to give her false hope. No wonder people are sick of this show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I seen the title of this thread I instantly thought "Finally. Good for you Simon. You finally came out of the closet."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    Mel B and Cheryl must have felt very uncomfortable as they know their vocal ability is as limited as that audition. It could have very easily been one of them in that audition as they both were in girl groups from the late 90s/ early noughties. If their groups turned out like Girl Thing, Mel and Cheryl wouldn't be in the financial positions they are in now. And they know this! You could see it on their faces, how close to home this audition was. Tough to watch! Just shows how the music industry just discards you if it doesn't work out! Felt sorry for Lindsey though it wasn't a good audition! It must be heartbreaking to have been signed to Cowells label and ending up broke as other similar pop acts flourished around her and reaped the fame and rewards and she didn't! :(
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    I don't blame Simon and Cheryl for saying no, it was the right thing to do.

I felt a bit uncomfortable when Cheryl said about "I know how lucky I am, because I could of been in your shoes"....talk about kicking someone when they're down.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    I don't blame Simon and Cheryl for saying no, it was the right thing to do.

I felt a bit uncomfortable when Cheryl said about "I know how lucky I am, because I could of been in your shoes"....talk about kicking someone when they're down.

I don't see anything wrong with Cheryl's comment, she is living her dream, but it could easily not have happened, Girls Aloud could have faded into nothing like Girl Thing, and could still be trying to make it today like that lady.
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    I think we all know that Simon did that for the kudos, he doesn't do anything without thinking about it first

She made it past all the producers and they would have said "Simon, you can be the one to reject her which will make you look like you care about her"

It was clear as day to me
  • CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Complete set up. Too much credit to Scowell. I can't believe people still believe that this show is sincere. How long has it been running? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CARA2000 wrote: »
    Complete set up. Too much credit to Scowell. I can't believe people still believe that this show is sincere. How long has it been running? :confused:

Most people probably don't think it's sincere apart from newer viewers.