Where's Mad Mary?

rupesmumrupesmum Posts: 64
Forum Member
It suddenly occurred to me that I haven't seen hide nor hair of Mary recently. She wasn't at the wedding, which I'm sure she wouldn't have missed.

Have I missed an episode where it explained her disappearance?

Comments

• MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    Hopefully on a one way ticket away from the street.
  • warleywitchwarleywitch Posts: 2,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm kind of torn about Mary. I like her character but the writers haven't given her much depth. Whoever was writing at the time she told the policeman she hadn't' touched a chainsaw since....' ought to be dragged back and kept. Her lines have been dire since then.
  • -Batman--Batman- Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Don't complain she is out of sight so happy days :p
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Mary, one of the best characters in the Street and happily, she's back next week doing a massively successful theme night at the Bistro. :cool:
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm kind of torn about Mary. I like her character but the writers haven't given her much depth. Whoever was writing at the time she told the policeman she hadn't' touched a chainsaw since....' ought to be dragged back and kept. Her lines have been dire since then.

That's exactly how I feel about her - here's tons of untapped potential there, we just need decent writing to bring it out.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully on a one way ticket away from the street.

This
    -Batman- wrote: »
    Don't complain she is out of sight so happy days :p

And this :D
  • rupesmumrupesmum Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    She's incredibly annoying but also quite amusing.
  • RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annoying as her character is (and dire as that trip away with Norris was), she has so much more potential in terms of backstory than some of the main players who we already know everything about and who have been in every conceiveable situation already.

As much as Carla Connor is popular, in her time on the street she's covered up a fatal accident, married a man who uses prostitutes (and kidnapped the one who turned out to be his brother's girlfriend), been widowed, had an affair with her brother in law, who was murdered, been raped, been in jail, been an alcoholic, gained and lost her factory, stolen yet another husband.. and that's just off the top of my head. Gail has an even more chequered past!

Mary has so much potential, shame the scriptwriting is so appauling at the moment.
  • BigDuckBigDuck Posts: 4,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Mary, she deffinately works as a comedy character.

It'd be great though if we were given an insight into what makes her this way, maybe explored more about what really happened with her mother...

Doubt it'll ever happen, but still would be good.
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Worst character in the history of soap. Wish they'd just write her out. How anybody can find her funny is beyond me.
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mary is the Miranda Hart of Corrie.

People either find her funny and want more, or they don't get the humour and want to see the back of her.

Personally, I love her - but she needs good writing to bring out the best in her comedy potential.
  • NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where her and Norris even present in the Rovers? Emily was meant to meet them there but decided not to due to looking after Ruby.
  • IzzyInTheHouseIzzyInTheHouse Posts: 4,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was talking to Nick recently about a theme night at the Bistro, wasn't she?

And wasn't she raising money for Christmas lights? I've been watching old Corrie eps lately though, so I might have mixed them up.

I don't really like he character, I find her quite pointless. I don't like Norris much either, he used to be funny but he's plain horrible now. He had no right to tell everyone about Tina being pregnant, it was up to her.
  • PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
    Forum Member
    She works in the Bistro as chef now, I believe....... a great character IMO, and certainly should be used more.
    Mary will become a Corrie icon!

I think she is back on screeen next week.
  • maggiekmaggiek Posts: 2,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Popsiemia wrote: »
    She works in the Bistro as chef now, I believe....... a great character IMO, and certainly should be used more.
    Mary will become a Corrie icon!

I think she is back on screeen next week.

Yep, big icon potential. She's hilarious!