Humax 2000T picture breaks up....

2»

Comments

• Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    theia wrote: »
    UKTFAC 1.00.07
    You should upgrade to 1.01.06 which has changes that may help you.
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Update can be found here

http://humaxdigital.co.uk/uk/products/product_releases.php?gid=479&pid=6

with instructions on how to perform it. You will need a USB flash/pen drive to do this.
  • theiatheia Posts: 1,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you both...I'm afraid it's beyond me so I'll see if a family member can give it a go next time they're here.

I didn't realise these recorders required updating. Is the problem due to me not updating?

Thanks again
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't realise these recorders required updating. Is the problem due to me not updating?
    They should update automatically if connected to the Internet or via the aerial when it is broadcast (which is only occasionally). I assume your Humax is not connected to the Internet and unfortunately Humax have so far not arranged for an Over the Air update although they have indicated it is forthcoming. Some reports from users suggest the update will help you but the proof of the pudding is in the eating.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, right, thank you, Martin. No, my Humax is not connected to the internet. Thanks for the information, which makes it clearer
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just another thought...I had no problems like this with my last two Humax recorders. Does this mean that current models are sub standard or that perhaps Humax is no longer one of the better recorders?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does this mean that current models are sub standard or that perhaps Humax is no longer one of the better recorders?
    Can I respectfully suggest that you wait until you have the software update installed before making judgements.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I respectfully suggest that you wait until you have the software update installed before making judgements.

Very fair comment. But, for someone like me whose knowledge of technology is very limited and who is delighted to have managed to set up my recorder ( with very welcome help from experts here), it is frustrating to discover that this process appears to be ongoing. Hence my post.
  • Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just another thought...I had no problems like this with my last two Humax recorders. Does this mean that current models are sub standard or that perhaps Humax is no longer one of the better recorders?
    It's a sad fact that the tuners in these boxes are of a lower quality than can be found in other older Humax boxes. I had the same issues as you with my 2000T, which wouldn't lock onto channels when switching, and the picture would break up too easily. I had none of those issues with my older HD Fox T2 box which seems to have a better tuner in.

Until the recent software update, my 2000T was consigned to a box in the cupboard as it was so unusable but the update has tweaked some setting or other and the tuning issues are much better now. It's still not as good as my old Fox T2 box, but it's far better than it was and I can now actually use the box daily without too many issues.

Get the update installed and you should see an improvement.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My son in law has installed the update, so fingers crossed that it resolves the problem.

Thanks to everyone for the help and advice
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so disappointed. The picture is still breaking up even after the update. I just don't know what to do now. Does anyone think it might be a problem with the equipment and that I should contact Humax direct?
  • Luis EssexLuis Essex Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so disappointed. The picture is still breaking up even after the update. I just don't know what to do now.
    Providing your TV's aerial input lead does not come from the HDR-2000T then you could try swapping the TV's and the HDR-2000T's aerial leads with each other.
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so disappointed. The picture is still breaking up even after the update. I just don't know what to do now. Does anyone think it might be a problem with the equipment and that I should contact Humax direct?
    A few things to check out first.

How does the aerial connect to the Humax? Does the aerial cable come direct through a hole in the wall into the back of the Humax or do you plug into a wall plate?

Then how is the TV fed, do you have a link lead from the Humax to the TV aerial socket or is there some sort of splitter before the two so the TV and Humax have separate feeds of the aerial?

If you have a wall plate try swapping the link lead between the wall plate and the Humax. A dodgy or poorly made lead could be letting in all sorts of nasties causing picture break up.

If the TV and Humax are fed separately simply unplug both and swap the leads round, ie the lead that was in the TV plug into the Humax and the lead in the Humax now goes to the TV. If the TV now starts breaking up then it is quite likely to be the lead, especially if the Humax is now fine.

Another issue that has been reported on DS before is interference from HDMI leads. So sort out the tangle behind the telly and separate out the wires :) Keep the aerial lead as physically separate from the other leads as you can.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the advice. I haven't been able to do the checks yet but I certainly will and hopefully they will resolve the problem.

Thanks again, will post the results
  • Tony RichardsTony Richards Posts: 5,744
    Forum Member
    I have a reasonably strong signal here on my Humax. Every few weeks weeks I get pixation on channels. If I check on the Freeview TV direct there is no problem. I have to reboot (disconnect from mains briefly) and restart and the problem disappears.
    Often get the "no or weak signal" note before the channel comes in without problems.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a reasonably strong signal here on my Humax. Every few weeks weeks I get pixation on channels. If I check on the Freeview TV direct there is no problem. I have to reboot (disconnect from mains briefly) and restart and the problem disappears.
    Often get the "no or weak signal" note before the channel comes in without problems.
    Which Humax box do you have and what software version is it running?