Humax PVR 9150t recording problem

oscar1oscar1 Posts: 5,071
Forum Member
A friend phoned this evening to say that his Humax PVR 9150T has recorded every single James Bond film over the last couple of weeks without him setting it to do so i.e on ITV and ITV+1 and anywhere else Mr Bond is being shown.
I suggested something like series link but he clams that he hasn't set the machine to record anything.

Any suggestions please as I don't have one of these machines ?
Many thanks.
Regards

Comments

• Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oscar1 wrote: »
    A friend phoned this evening to say that his Humax PVR 9150T has recorded every single James Bond film over the last couple of weeks without him setting it to do so i.e on ITV and ITV+1 and anywhere else Mr Bond is being shown.
    I suggested something like series link but he clams that he hasn't set the machine to record anything.
    Frankly that sounds almost impossible.
  • oscar1oscar1 Posts: 5,071
    Forum Member
    I am inclined to agree with you !!
    I'm seeing him on Friday so will have a look at what it actually recorded and look through the EPG to see if there are any more Mr Bond films coming up and if they have anything like a tick next to them.
    Thanks for the reply ...
    Regards
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing I can think of is that he chose to record the first Bond film shown by ITV over Xmas/New Year and instead of selecting a single programme recording he set a series record by accident.

Mind you that also relies on all the films have a series link ID of course.
    Forum Member
    chrisjr wrote: »
    The only thing I can think of is that he chose to record the first Bond film shown by ITV over Xmas/New Year and instead of selecting a single programme recording he set a series record by accident.

Mind you that also relies on all the films have a series link ID of course.

Suggested that to him but he claims no --- i don't know where more Mr Bond films were being shown BBC CH4 etc but he claims they have all been recorded !!!
    Will see him on Friday if the hasn't deleted them ...
    Thanks Regards
  • EEPhilEEPhil Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    It can only be series link.
    Did your friend ever record a Bond film from ITV at any time? Even if it was quite a while ago - ie. before the recent Christmas overload. Sometimes the series link info stays valid for weeks even if nothing is broadcast. If you don't manually delete it, it can resurface later.
  • Big-lesBig-les Posts: 2,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EEPhil wrote: »
    It can only be series link.
    Did your friend ever record a Bond film from ITV at any time? Even if it was quite a while ago - ie. before the recent Christmas overload. Sometimes the series link info stays valid for weeks even if nothing is broadcast. If you don't manually delete it, it can resurface later.

13 weeks I believe is the time a Series-Link entry remains in the schedule after the last episode of a series, at that time the schedule entry is automatically deleted.
    Forum Member
    All interesting info --- many thanks .
    I'll show them to him tomorrow evening .
    Regards
  • Luis EssexLuis Essex Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If there is still a bond movie recording on the 9150T then it is very easy to look up whether it was recorded using series link.
    You just display the list of recordings by pressing the recorded list button that is located just below and just to the left of the prog rocker. I.e. the button on the top row under the sliding cover 2nd from the right. A series link recording always has the series link icon on its right on the 10 row version of the recording list.

ITV do series link their bond movies. They use a unique series id on each channel, and a different one for repeats on the same channel (unlike 5 - boo to 5). The Bond movie on Saturday is using a new series link (or one I have not seen before). I suspect this Sunday's Bond movie is using the same series ID as over the last few weeks, (but as I did not make notes I can't say for sure). Look in the schedule for timers for the Bond movie on Sunday.
    Forum Member
    Luis Essex wrote: »
    If there is still a bond movie recording on the 9150T then it is very easy to look up whether it was recorded using series link.
    You just display the list of recordings by pressing the recorded list button that is located just below and just to the left of the prog rocker. I.e. the button on the top row under the sliding cover 2nd from the right. A series link recording always has the series link icon on its right on the 10 row version of the recording list.

ITV do series link their bond movies. They use a unique series id on each channel, and a different one for repeats on the same channel (unlike 5 - boo to 5). The Bond movie on Saturday is using a new series link (or one I have not seen before). I suspect this Sunday's Bond movie is using the same series ID as over the last few weeks, (but as I did not make notes I can't say for sure). Look in the schedule for timers for the Bond movie on Sunday.

Many thanks --- will be seeing him shortly .
    Regards
    Forum Member
    They had deleted all the Mr Bonds .......Skyfall being the last one they recorded.
    Now Skyfall is on again this Saturday night ....
    We shall see !!!
    Thanks all for taking the time to reply
    Regards