Steam bargains

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    summer sale is around the corner, don't worry. Be happy.

Summer sale normally quite good?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found borderlands boring.

got the GOTY edition from psn store very cheap and really enjoyed this game including the co-op. Remember my mate coming along and me setting up a 32" and 42" tv in the livingroom and 2 ps3s to play together. Really enjoyed it. Hadn't really tried that before.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Summer sale normally quite good?

It's abit of alright :) We should see at least 75% of the titles on Steam go on sale ranging from 10% to 90% discounts.

Borderlands is a game that comes into it's own in co-op, unfortunately for me i prefer SP games. I got alittle bored and soon moved onto other games.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's abit of alright :) We should see at least 75% of the titles on Steam go on sale ranging from 10% to 90% discounts.

Borderlands is a game that comes into it's own in co-op, unfortunately for me i prefer SP games. I got alittle bored and soon moved onto other games.

Great hopefully pick up a few bargains...Though hopefully they'll wait until payday.

the co-op on Borderlands is the only realy game i've played but was much better accross 2 ps3's i hate split screen and anytime my mate came over he'd have to start his guest account from level 1 :(
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member

The evil you just cheapen intellectual property it's disgusting :D

http://www.hardocp.com/news/2012/06/06/ea_says_steam_sales_are_bad_devalue_games/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jjesso123 wrote: »
    The evil you just cheapen intellectual property it's disgusting :D

http://www.hardocp.com/news/2012/06/06/ea_says_steam_sales_are_bad_devalue_games/

Aye, those pesky 75% discounts are a killer. Hypocritical from EA though, they offer users birthday discounts (which Steam does not), so are they cheapening their own IP? :p

GOG.com have recently come out with something similar. The difference between the 2 is that GOG.com has at least some respectability with gamers whilst EA's is dwindling week by week.

Closing down their own forums to centralize and control opinion on Battlenet, which has been met with derision, and the 'EA in a Nutshell' video, it's been a bad few months for EA.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    battlelog* even.
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    I would have thought bringing out zero day DLC and charging for it, and then bringing out a set of costumes and weapons (or similar) a couple of days later would do more to cheapen your brand than sales months after the product has become available. After all, they are moving to the model of a cut-price airline where the total price is obscured by having loads of additional costs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EA aren't the only ones to do that, even indie devs are doing that now. I was happy to see Who Wants to be a Millionnaire on Steam. On release day it had 7 DLC packs. That didn't really bother me. What put me off buying it is that the devs webpage directs you to a facebook page!
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    slightly OT, but gog.com have kicked off their summer sale - they don't exactly break the bank as it is!

they're doing a cute thing called 'battle of the games' where you vote which one should have the greater discount the next day - the winner is 60% off and the loser is 40% off so you win anyway!

Today both Myst and 7th Guest are going cheap, and tomorrow it's the Alone in the Dark pack (AOTD 1-3 - love those games) and Fahrenheit Indigo Prophecy, which I've never heard of, but someone must like it as it's kicking AOTDs ass in the voting!
    http://www.gog.com/page/2012_summer_promo?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=game_subject&utm_campaign=2012_summer_promo
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    paulbrock wrote: »
    slightly OT, but gog.com have kicked off their summer sale - they don't exactly break the bank as it is!

they're doing a cute thing called 'battle of the games' where you vote which one should have the greater discount the next day - the winner is 60% off and the loser is 40% off so you win anyway!

Today both Myst and 7th Guest are going cheap, and tomorrow it's the Alone in the Dark pack (AOTD 1-3 - love those games) and Fahrenheit Indigo Prophecy, which I've never heard of, but someone must like it as it's kicking AOTDs ass in the voting!
    http://www.gog.com/page/2012_summer_promo?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=game_subject&utm_campaign=2012_summer_promo

Fahrenheit (UK name) Indigo Prophecy (US name) was a fantastic game. However I only played it on Ps2 so don't know how PC version was.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can pick up Ultima for free on gog.

I'm waiting to see if TR1-3 and Theme Hospital go on sale.
  • Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I know we are usurping the Steam thread but I had to reply and thank you for this heads up. I was toying with buying The 7th Guest just a couple of months ago and who didn't love Myst? Anyway, I have just bought both.

Thanks!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deus Ex 75% off

Human Revolution

DE GOTYE

I don't have 1, i think i will buy it. Don't need HR yet, can get that in the winter sale.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    That's a brilliant price for Human Revolution, truly one of the more underrated games this generation, PC version rocks to, not just some quick port, the game even has it's own menu design and inventory layout that takes advantage of Keyboards.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DE was always a PC game wasn't it?
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member

Yeah, but just in case anyone has their doubts, Human Revolution, which also came out on 360 and PS3, keeps a more advanced system for PC players. :)
  • dadioflexdadioflex Posts: 1,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The previous game, DE: Invisible War, was built around the original Xbox, so small environments and a "dumbed down" inventory system. I quite liked it at the time, but attempts to replay it later frustrated me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    your birthday is in April you scammer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    La Noire 75% off. That's pretty big.
  • MasterjonboiMasterjonboi Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    your birthday is in April you scammer.

erm no its not my birthday is the 26th june 1994 :/ i think i would know my own birthday, thats my sisters birthday as she was with me and we signed up on same account :L
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    erm no its not my birthday is the 26th june 1994 :/ i think i would know my own birthday, thats my sisters birthday as she was with me and we signed up on same account :L

It helps keep the hackers away.

Summer Sale will be here soon, you will be able to pick it up for pennies.
  • cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    La Noire 75% off. That's pretty big.

DLC pack is £2.24. I'd be tempted if there was a guaranteee there would be no more DLC.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tribes Ascend is now on Steam. Once Pyromania is over i will give it a try.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    cat666 wrote: »
    DLC pack is £2.24. I'd be tempted if there was a guaranteee there would be no more DLC.

I highly doubt that there's going ot be any further L.A. Noire DLC, the game has been out for well over a year now and the last DLC came out last year i think. Not to mention that the original developers are now disbanded (iirc) and Rockstar have moved onto supporting Max Payne 3.