Diff'rent Strokes: The Paedophile Episodes

koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
I just found out about a 2 part episode of Diff'rent Strokes that featured a story about a paedophile trying to groom Arnold and his friend Dudley.

I know Diff'rent Strokes often had a moral to the story, but this was quite a dark story line for the show.

There were lines like 'You can have a lot of fun naked' and Adult pretending to be a lion and letting Dudley ride on his back 'It is a shame I don't have a tail for you to hold on to.'

All this while plying them with wine and showing Polaroids of him skinny dipping.

Eventually he is caught of course.

There is an into by Conrad Bain who played Mr Drummond at the start of each episode.

The episodes are called 'The Bicycle Man' Parts 1 & 2.

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must check this out. Thanks for the heads up
    I have been watching Different Strokes at a rather slow pace so i have an excuse to indulge again.
  • jmezjmez Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    I not long ago finished watching the entire run of Diff'rent Strokes on Canadian Netflix (thank you Unblock-us) and they dealt with quite a few controversial issues throughout its time.. these eps were extremely uncomfortable to watch! very riskay for its time too!
  • Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jmez wrote: »
    I not long ago finished watching the entire run of Diff'rent Strokes on Canadian Netflix (thank you Unblock-us) and they dealt with quite a few controversial issues throughout its time.. these eps were extremely uncomfortable to watch! very riskay for its time too!

It was a brilliant show in a lot of ways, but one of which was for the issues they tackled and the way they did.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was a brilliant show in a lot of ways, but one of which was for the issues they tackled and the way they did.

They definitely handled the pedophile issue very well. It could have been very difficult to watch but they did it in a very subtle way, just like a pedo grooming a child would be.