Perez the most bullied HM in the history of BB

Marianne_321Marianne_321 Posts: 25,607
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Watching tonight's show makes me more & more disgusted at the treatment Perez has received.

Yes the guy was OTT, loud & people found him obnoxious, but no way did he deserve the amount of hostility & hatred he received. It's totally disproportionate. No balanced view. You could see he was overwhelmed by it & I'm disgusted that people enjoyed his distress.

Not only did he have to put up with most of the housemates keep telling him he is a horrible & vile person (which anyone would react negatively too). The housemates deliberately excluded & ostracized him. It seemed they could say anything to him & stopped him when he tried to answer back, which only riled Perez more. For example, was annoyed that James Jordon told him he was vile & when he tried to defend himself Kav cut in & said to Perez that James was a guest. So basically James could say what he wanted about Perez but Perez couldn't answer back. Totally unfair. Also, every guest was unpleasant or nasty to Perez but were nice to Katie H & didn't say anything about the horrid things she had done.

On BOTS thoughout the season, 99% of the people were biased against Perez & yesterday 100% were. He received venum from every direction & no kindness. He looked so taken aback that he received this treatment on BOTS as well. I previously heard him describe BOTS in the house as a light hearted after show that was fun.

Perez looked mentally damaged by the whole experience (even though he was trying to put a brave face on it). Was disgusted by the mob mentality & hope he has a good support system. I think it horrible that Perez has been relentlessly made to feel worthless & hated & people have dismissed the fact that he has been hurt by it. This sort of thing can drive people to suicide!

Also wanted to mention that if anyone cares to remember Katie H started the campaign against Perez. She first criticised him for being too nice because he was offering drinks & the like & it wasn't long before she started stirring it with the other housemates.

I think Perez seems a shadow of himself. He looks drained. I saw him try to smile but it didn't reach his eyes. He is totally devastated by the hostility. He was hiding his face before being evicted & I could see he'd been crying. He's tried to make out he's not bothered by it but it's clear he is.

How can people be happy to have reduced him to this? Hardly anything to be proud of!!!

Comments

• Seanieb1983Seanieb1983 Posts: 1,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps if he wasn't so antagonistic.

I bet he spent his school years poking people when the teacher wasnt looking, winding them up so they'd snap so he could go crying to the teacher.
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perez one of the most unbearable, inappropriate, foul mouthed and antagonistic HMs ever.

He. wasn't. liked.

Amazing that.
  • purplesky99purplesky99 Posts: 1,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with your post OP, but please be heartened by his appearance on Loose Women today (it's on ITV player if you haven't seen it..). He seemed fine, a bit more relaxed and was looking forward to going home to be with his family for some recuperation. :)
  • irishcykeirishcyke Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    Cry me a river.
  • diesels hummindiesels hummin Posts: 7,589
    Forum Member
    It was ugly wasn"t it. Queen Bee Gina being let loose on Hazel and Jim Davidson being allowed to humiliate Linda Nolan were bad but this was right up there.
  • iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    Watching tonight's show makes me more & more disgusted at the treatment Perez has received.

Yes the guy was OTT, loud & people found him obnoxious, but no way did he deserve the amount of hostility & hatred he received. It's totally disproportionate. No balanced view. You could see he was overwhelmed by it & I'm disgusted that people enjoyed his distress.

Not only did he have to put up with most of the housemates keep telling him he is a horrible & vile person (which anyone would react negatively too). The housemates deliberately excluded & ostracized him. It seemed they could say anything to him & stopped him when he tried to answer back, which only riled Perez more. For example, was annoyed that James Jordon told him he was vile & when he tried to defend himself Kav cut in & said to Perez that James was a guest. So basically James could say what he wanted about Perez but Perez couldn't answer back. Totally unfair. Also, every guest was unpleasant or nasty to Perez but were nice to Katie H & didn't say anything about the horrid things she had done.

On BOTS thoughout the season, 99% of the people were biased against Perez & yesterday 100% were. He received venum from every direction & no kindness. He looked so taken aback that he received this treatment on BOTS as well. I previously heard him describe BOTS in the house as a light hearted after show that was fun.

Perez looked mentally damaged by the whole experience (even though he was trying to put a brave face on it). Was disgusted by the mob mentality & hope he has a good support system. I think it horrible that Perez has been relentlessly made to feel worthless & hated & people have dismissed the fact that he has been hurt by it. This sort of thing can drive people to suicide!

Also wanted to mention that if anyone cares to remember Katie H started the campaign against Perez. She first criticised him for being too nice because he was offering drinks & the like & it wasn't long before she started stirring it with the other housemates.

I think Perez seems a shadow of himself. He looks drained. I saw him try to smile but it didn't reach his eyes. He is totally devastated by the hostility. He was hiding his face before being evicted & I could see he'd been crying. He's tried to make out he's not bothered but it's clear he is.

How can people be happy to have reduced him to this? Hardly anything to be proud of!!!
    Oh do grow up
  • 777Eilidh777Eilidh Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Made for horrible viewing!
  • chickseechicksee Posts: 1,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bully gets bullied, sounds about right.
  • Purple.Purple. Posts: 4,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perez one of the most unbearable, inappropriate, foul mouthed and antagonistic HMs ever.

He. wasn't. liked.

Amazing that.

This.
  • MilhauseMilhause Posts: 982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think Shilpa Shetty may disagree with the OP statement.:o
  • Wicked FatherWicked Father Posts: 1,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure that £5357 per day while in there made the 'bullying' more bearable.
  • StigofthedumpStigofthedump Posts: 3,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree OP, best housemate in years, spoke a lot of sense in-between his hilarious dramatic episodes. I would have voted for him to win had he still been in there
  • amyawakeamyawake Posts: 7,846
    Forum Member
    irishcyke wrote: »
    Cry me a river.
    Cold but revealing
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He. wasn't. liked.

Amazing that.

Well that's alright then. Not liked? 'Different'? Doesn't fit in with the norm? Go ahead and bully him.
  • FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maybe you should ask Shilpa Shetty what she thinks of Perez being the most bullied HM in the history of BB
    Forum Member
    iMatt_101 wrote: »
    Oh do grow up
    That's the best you can do? Ha!
  • Yasmin26Yasmin26 Posts: 3,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes the guy was OTT, loud & people found him obnoxious, but no way did he deserve the amount of hostility he received. It's totally disproportionate. You could see he was overwhelmed by it & I'm disgusted that people enjoyed his distress.

I think Perez seems a shadow of himself. He looks drained. I saw him try to smile but it didn't reach his eyes. He is totally devastated by the hostility. He was hiding his face before being evicted & I could see he'd been crying. He's tried to make out he's not bothered but it's clear he is.

Very well said. The statement I am I watching a different show has never been more true than this series for me. I have been trying to figure out for weeks what the heck people are watching. Majority of the people who watch this show are sheep's who go along with the narrative of the housemates and the producers. Finally more people are waking up to what has been really going on. I really feel for Perez but helpfully this experience makes him a stronger person.
  • NosaerNosaer Posts: 3,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well if BB had not manipulated the vote he would have left a lot earlier. Less stress on housemates and viewers the majority of whom can't stand him and a nice happy time for Perez. Blame BB.
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    postit wrote: »
    Well that's alright then. Not liked? 'Different'? Doesn't fit in with the norm? Go ahead and bully him.

I didn't say that.

Read what I said.

And I don't agree he was bullied. He invited and provoked the intense dislike and distrust of the house. And they had to live with him.

And he did it deliberately, that's what he does.
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure that £5357 per day while in there made the 'bullying' more bearable.

You have inside information? If you quote 'facts' you need to back them up with some proof.

Just FYI, bullying is NEVER bearable.
  • ruffleruffle Posts: 4,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a joke
    Forum Member
    chicksee wrote: »
    The bully gets bullied, sounds about right.
    There is something in that...he did alternate between being provocative and being a victim. Admittedly he did bring a lot on himself, however, he clearly brought out the nasty side of those who disliked him and that, in itself, is very revealing.

If you dislike someone but display the disapproval by being nasty, bit like pot kettle black scenario, i.e. stooping to their level loses the argument...revealing they are no better than the one they point the finger at.
  • kravchickravchic Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nosaer wrote: »
    Well if BB had not manipulated the vote he would have left a lot earlier. Less stress on housemates and viewers the majority of whom can't stand him and a nice happy time for Perez. Blame BB.

I do blame them, all of this is down to them
  • LostindexLostindex Posts: 2,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think Perez seems a shadow of himself. He looks drained. I saw him try to smile but it didn't reach his eyes. He is totally devastated by the hostility. He was hiding his face before being evicted & I could see he'd been crying. He's tried to make out he's not bothered by it but it's clear he is.

Excellently put !!!
  • KT_DogKT_Dog Posts: 6,385
    Forum Member
    Despite everything I think of him... He's bloody dignified in taking the abuse. Might even be his best quality.