Options

Sam Bailey dropped from SYCO

D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just tweeted, they have 'parted ways' but she is very happy. Apparently.

Comments

• Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine most artists are 'very happy' to leave Syco :)
  • Options
    lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its a shame but I know for a fact she will find another deal in no time
  • Options
    MatejaMateja Posts: 731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not surprising. We knew before she won X Factor that she would be one and done with a major label.
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No surprise really, and she will be better off without him, as are most of the artists.
  • Options
    dia6olodia6olo Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mateja wrote: »
    Not surprising. We knew before she won X Factor that she would be one and done with a major label.

I think that can pretty much be labelled at all SYCO x factor acts, that's how Simon operates!
    Strike while the iron is hot then move on to next years acts...
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same time next year then for when Ben is dropped in favour of the 2015 winner?
  • Options
    Eva_Coco_MayEva_Coco_May Posts: 3,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because Simon is looking for the next Nicki/Rihanna/beyonce not dated singers who can do diva ballads - SAMs a fantastic singer one of the best but star she ain't! I wish her well she would do well acting and presenting maybe the Stacey Solomon route
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,919
    Forum Member
    Perhaps she'll take time out to reflect on her ridiculous decision to get pregnant now.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,919
    Forum Member
    lewismacf wrote: »
    Its a shame but I know for a fact she will find another deal in no time

You can't possibly know that for a fact.
  • Options
    Drek20xDrek20x Posts: 810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No surprise there. Getting pregnant was a mistake as far as her career goes, but she will be just fine without Syco. Someone will sign her sooner or later, she is too good to be ignored.
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Drek20x wrote: »
    No surprise there. Getting pregnant was a mistake as far as her career goes, but she will be just fine without Syco. Someone will sign her sooner or later, she is too good to be ignored.

Too good for what? She's a great singer but no Leona or Rhianna. She will do fine and will always have work but can't see her blazing the charts any time soon. Sorry fans but that's my opinion.
  • Options
    Gavin_MartinGavin_Martin Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sam Bailey is on Lorraine on Wednesday next week i'm sure she will speak out about being dropped by Simon Cowell, but Sam Bailey has took to twitter this morning and she said about the reports she being dropped by syco

Hi guys yes it's true I have parted ways with syco!! Don't worry tho, I'm happy xx lots of exciting things happening xx
    https://twitter.com/sambaileyreal
  • Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She seems to hint at a new record deal or doing something on TV
  • Options
    Gavin_MartinGavin_Martin Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She seems to hint at a new record deal or doing something on TV

She will be talking about her new book which will be coming out
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No surprise really, and she will be better off without him, as are most of the artists.

Because there's a long history of acts leaving SYCO/Sony and going on to have huge chart success...

Hardly a surprise with Sam though - her Mother's Day album did OK for what it was but there was no way she'd repeat those sales this year and there was no potential for anything bigger with her.

It now means Little Mix are the only winners still going beyond their first album but in fact three of the top ten albums year to date are X Factor related - from a runner up, third place and sixth place!
  • Options
    ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sam was never a Syco type artist.She is a great singer and a model mother.She can do alot of things as well as sing out the platform the Xfactor gave her eg Stacey Solomon,Rylan
  • Options
    ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »
    Same time next year then for when Ben is dropped in favour of the 2015 winner?

True.I cant see Ben getting past next year!
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No shock. There never really was a gap in the market for a Celine Dion tribute act and getting pregnant sealed her fate
  • Options
    my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    Too good for what? She's a great singer but no Leona or Rhianna. She will do fine and will always have work but can't see her blazing the charts any time soon. Sorry fans but that's my opinion.

if she can do fine and always have work i can't see any reason for caring about blazing the charts

also i can't really see someone leaving Cowell and his committee in terms of being 'dropped', i think set free is the correct term
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Celebrity big brother in the summer series would look a possibility
  • Options
    ariella52ariella52 Posts: 7,519
    Forum Member
    I'm sure she'll be fine. She's much better off than she was before entering the X Factor and I expect she will have a career doing what she loves.

There aren't many superstars in the World, but there are a lot of people making a living out of music. The X Factor given her a platform to continue doing just that.

The rhetoric about finding the "next global artist" is just hype. The amazing thing is that sometimes they do.
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if she can do fine and always have work i can't see any reason for caring about blazing the charts

also i can't really see someone leaving Cowell and his committee in terms of being 'dropped', i think set free is the correct term

The X Factor give a platform to a lot of singers/artists who would be nobody without the exposure and whether they make it big or not they have had the exposure. The winners were all promised a record deal not a life time contract So if they are not making a profit then they have to go. It's what all record labels do just Sy Co is more high profile and take on more at risk losers (as in losing money).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Miss Trunchbull getting dropped hardly comes as a great shock.
  • Options
    Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had just kind of assumed this had already happened.

Saw her say on TV very recently that she's never even met Simon.
  • Options
    MichelleMKMichelleMK Posts: 2,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck to Sam, she's a talented singer with a fabulous voice. Plenty before her (winners or otherwise) have proven that there is life after Syco :) just depends on what they do with the platform they've been given by appearing on XF.