Comments

• BarrymorefanBarrymorefan Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    bunny93 wrote: »
    That doesn't surprise me. Always thought he seemed like a tw*t

He was pleasant enough when I met him.
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    31st October 2012 - Jack P. Shepherd (Corrie Actor) (Poundland, Aberdeen) - Met him at the opening of a Poundland. I got his autograph. He seemed nice enough.

Late January 2013 - Marie Osmond (Singer) (Capital FM Arena, Nottingham) - Came off stage during concert and kissed me on the cheek. She seemed nice enough.

1st March 2015 - The X Factor Finalists 2014 (AECC, Aberdeen) - I won a competition and got to meet them aswel as see the concert. Ben Haenow, Fleur East, Andrea Faustini, Jay James, Stereo Kicks, Only The Young and Stevi Ritchie. All seemed nice and genuine expect Stereo Kicks who did not seem interested. Jay James was overly nice that it came across as maybe fake but maybe I am just being cynical. Ben and Stevi were really nice and genuine.

6th March 2015 - Gemma Arterton (Actress) (Adelphi Theatre Stage Door, London) - I waited at the stage door after a performance of Made In Dagenham. She came out despite not having a lot of time. I got her autograph and a picture with her. She was lovely and it was really nice for her to come out.

I haven't really met anyone who has been rude although I did see The view at a free 5 minute HMV concert. 0 interaction with the audience and they did not even crack a smile. Clearly only there for the money.
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    fhs man 2 wrote: »
    31st October 2012 - Jack P. Shepherd (Corrie Actor) (Poundland, Aberdeen) - Met him at the opening of a Poundland. I got his autograph. He seemed nice enough.

Late January 2013 - Marie Osmond (Singer) (Capital FM Arena, Nottingham) - Came off stage during concert and kissed me on the cheek. She seemed nice enough.

1st March 2015 - The X Factor Finalists 2014 (AECC, Aberdeen) - I won a competition and got to meet them aswel as see the concert. Ben Haenow, Fleur East, Andrea Faustini, Jay James, Stereo Kicks, Only The Young and Stevi Ritchie. All seemed nice and genuine expect Stereo Kicks who did not seem interested. Jay James was overly nice that it came across as maybe fake but maybe I am just being cynical. Ben and Stevi were really nice and genuine.

6th March 2015 - Gemma Arterton (Actress) (Adelphi Theatre Stage Door, London) - I waited at the stage door after a performance of Made In Dagenham. She came out despite not having a lot of time. I got her autograph and a picture with her. She was lovely and it was really nice for her to come out.

I haven't really met anyone who has been rude although I did see The view at a free 5 minute HMV concert. 0 interaction with the audience and they did not even crack a smile. Clearly only there for the money.

I have worded this wrong. We were given a lot of time with her by not having a lot of time I am referring to herself who appeared to be in a rush but despite her not having alot of time herself she still made this effort to come out and meet her fans. She also did not keep us waiting long by coming out ASAP rather than making us wait until she was leaving. It was very good of her. Really lovely person and she even let us take another picture when one came out badly which I don't think I would have got with other people. There were only another 3 of us waiting so not sure what would happen if there was more although she does not strike as someone who would go back in without seeing everyone. If you are in London before April 2015 then I would recommend going to see the show and then waiting at the stage door afterwords.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew an American online who ran a fan site for The Beach Boys. He said Mike Love was a bit up himself and rather guarded, but Brian Wilson was very friendly and really interesting to talk to.
  • STEWPOT01STEWPOT01 Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    Billy Bragg - top bloke, nuff said!!

You have got to be joking. He;'s a horrible man, self promoting, full of his own importance and only says things that gets him noticed. I personally know others who have met him in public, ignorant is not the word to best describe him. Thinks he is gods chosen own of the working class while in truth he is VERY rude.
  • catboy71catboy71 Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    STEWPOT01 wrote: »
    You have got to be joking. He;'s a horrible man, self promoting, full of his own importance and only says things that gets him noticed. I personally know others who have met him in public, ignorant is not the word to best describe him. Thinks he is gods chosen own of the working class while in truth he is VERY rude.

I've also met him a few times and have to agree he's a really nice guy. I know other people that have met him too , and none of us have had any issues with him.
  • BarrymorefanBarrymorefan Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    STEWPOT01 wrote: »
    Not in my experience, saw him outside a debate and asked him for a photo and for him to sign something. Even though he was late he posed and signed my things. We were going to the same place so we walked in together, chatting away. Then we shook hands, later on he tapped me on shoulder whilst I was queuing and said hello again. Later saw him at a gig and we spoke again. In my experience, he was a top bloke.
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    I had a short and pleasant conversation about sausage rolls with former Doctor Who actor Christopher Eccleston in a Salford buttie shop a couple of years ago.

I also had a chat with the lad who plays Andy Sugden in Emmerdale a few years ago when he was out in Preston. He's a nice enough bloke. He's not as big as you might think though just because he does the weights, he's quite short.

I also know actor Iain Mckee, who some of you may have seen in various stuff. Is he well known enough to be called a celebrity?
  • BinCatBinCat Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not in my experience, saw him outside a debate and asked him for a photo and for him to sign something. Even though he was late he posed and signed my things. We were going to the same place so we walked in together, chatting away. Then we shook hands, later on he tapped me on shoulder whilst I was queuing and said hello again. Later saw him at a gig and we spoke again. In my experience, he was a top bloke.

Yep, I've met Billy Bragg a couple of times and he's a really nice guy, had a lot of time for everyone who wanted to meet him.
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BinCat wrote: »
    Yep, I've met Billy Bragg a couple of times and he's a really nice guy, had a lot of time for everyone who wanted to meet him.

A mate of mine met Billy Bragg some years ago and was bowled over by how wonderful and friendly he was.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Have only met a couple of celebs.

Toyah at one of her concerts. She's like a tiny little doll of stage, very nice.

Noel Edmonds seemed quite arrogant from my encounter, he certainly gives the ladies the eye.

Princess Dianna, I didn't actually meet her but were the only two women on an airport run way, she was greeting a row of military and I had to walk near them to get where I was going for my work. She seemed ever so tall and slender. She looked across at me and I got the feeling that she wasn't too happy that I had to walk past them, like I was disturbing the moment. My friend much later suggested perhaps one of the men was her boyfriend what's his name, the chap with there'd hair as it was about that time and location.

Bay City Rollers chappie, the singer Les, but won't go into detail as made a right idiot of myself! Only to say he looked slightly afraid. Oh dear.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,999
    Forum Member
    Have only met a couple of celebs.

Toyah at one of her concerts. She's like a tiny little doll of stage, very nice.

Noel Edmonds seemed quite arrogant from my encounter, he certainly gives the ladies the eye.

Princess Dianna, I didn't actually meet her but were the only two women on an airport run way, she was greeting a row of military and I had to walk near them to get where I was going for my work. She seemed ever so tall and slender. She looked across at me and I got the feeling that she wasn't too happy that I had to walk past them, like I was disturbing the moment. My friend much later suggested perhaps one of the men was her boyfriend what's his name, the chap with there'd hair as it was about that time and location.

Bay City Rollers chappie, the singer Les, but won't go into detail as made a right idiot of myself! Only to say he looked slightly afraid. Oh dear.

Well I for one demand to know the "Les off of ver Bay City Rollers" story missy!!

I will wait patiently.
    Forum Member
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    Well I for one demand to know the "Les off of ver Bay City Rollers" story missy!!

I will wait patiently.

:blush::blush::blush: way to embarrassing! All am prepared to say is that I saw them in concert when I was about 10 and completely crazy about them, then when I got the chance to meet him 30 years later I turned back into that 10year old.
  • silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Been enjoying Hi de Hi re runs on BBC Two this week and wondered what the cast was like in real life. There's a recent video on You Tube where Ruth Madoc is approached by a Royal Marine in Liverpool who is a fan and she seemed really keen to chat with him, a complete stranger. Apparently she is really down to earth and keen to speak to fans. I know many of the cast are dead now, but has anyone met a star from this old sitcom?

My ex-husband's Mother used to clean for Felix Bowness's mother. :D Apparently she was very nice!
    Forum Member
    It was memorable in a better way as the next day my husband-to-be and I had our very first date and I told him about my foolishness as we drove along and he was laughing so much as my face got redder and redder, the heat from my face seemed to mist the Windows up with condensation which made us laugh even more, so it was a lovely but cringing beginning to have.
  • silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    Living in a busy race-horse training area I've been lucky enough to meet:

Clair Balding at the Betfair Lambourn Open Day
    Luke Harvey - landlord of our local pub
    Carl Llewellyn at Luke's pub
    Mick Fitzgerald at Luke's pub
    Jim Culloty at Luke's pub celebrating three wins on Best Mate
    Timmy Murphy at Luke's Pub
    John Reid
    Robert Thornton
    A P McCoy and wife Chanelle whom I have visited at their home and also his family in Belfast - A P is very shy and unassuming, like his Dad, Paedar, but the nicest possible chap you could wish to meet.
    Ruby Walsh
    John Francome
    Jenny Pitman - Judged at a few horse shows with her
    Henrietta Knight
    Richard Pitman

Rory Bremner - brings his children to our local horse shows - lovely guy
    David Cameron's wife and his in-laws who live near me
    Last but not least: Kylie Minogue - I made tea for her when she came to our studios as President of our Charity back in 2010. She played pool with the crew and won each game.

I have found over the years that true 'celebs' are usually very nice people to know. It's the 'jumped up' ones or 'made' celebs from reality shows who really aren't worth the bother.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,999
    Forum Member
    :blush::blush::blush: way to embarrassing! All am prepared to say is that I saw them in concert when I was about 10 and completely crazy about them, then when I got the chance to meet him 30 years later I turned back into that 10year old.

Aw bless your little socks. Totally normal reaction in the circumstances I think! Was Les nice though?
  • ayrshireman1ayrshireman1 Posts: 2,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I once saw the late Don Estelle on a beach in Bridlington. He was selling his own CD's from a suitcase. Some young child asked him to sign an autograph book but he refused saying he would only sign his CD's but sadly he was very snappy with it and sent the child away with a flick of his hand.
    I remember thinking, you're flogging your own CD's from a suitcase on Bridlington beach, you need to behave better. No problem if he wouldn't sign but no need to be so dismissive.
    I later saw him marching very quickly off the beach looking very cross.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReNzgMLssNI
  • ayrshireman1ayrshireman1 Posts: 2,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    Don Estelle would have to pay me to listen to his awful singing. He's lucky the police didn't spot him selling things on the beach! :D

I have heard much worse.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=don+estelle&page=1
    Forum Member
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    Aw bless your little socks. Totally normal reaction in the circumstances I think! Was Les nice though?

The poor man didn't really do anything, it all happened so quickly, apart from stand there very still looking apprehensive and sort of shocked. Maybe he's not experienced that kind of over enthusiasm since the 70's, I really have no idea how other people are with him, but I do hope they are more respectful than I was... He would have been quite justified had he reacted in an angry manner, but no he was a gentleman. I just remember he smelt all freshly shaved, his face was smooth and soft, he seemed so much smaller in real life (and vulnerable under the circumstances), but then I'd only ever thought of him from a child's point of view, and grown ups always seemed big and in control when you're little don't they. Anyway, after the foolishness i had to slink away under the disapproving glares of everyone I had shoved out of the way to get to him. :blush::blush::blush: So embarrassing. Am so not like that at all, but this momentary madness took over me.
    Sorry Les.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Stefan Dennis and Olympia Valance (Holly Valance's sister) from Neighbours while they were in the UK recently.

As I knew Stefan was going to be on this morning, I tweeted him asking him if I could have a picture with him before he enters the this morning studios. He replied and said "I don't see why not" so I asked him what time he was going to be at This Morning and he said around 9.

As I got to ITV the next day, I got there just in time to catch Holly Valance and her sister Olympia leaving Lorraine Kelly's programme, they both were celebrating Neighbour's 30th Anniversary. Holly got straight in a car but there were four other vehicles waiting for Olympia and they didn't know which one she was supposed to get in. As Olympia walked through the gates the paps had a field day and she posed for some pictures with them.

Once Olympia was done with the paps, I called over to her and asked if I could have a picture taken and she was happy to oblige. I looked at the one I took but I had her almost cut out of shot! I quickly went back up to her and showed her the one I took and she was happy to pose again. I was struggling with the front camera on my phone and she offered to take this one for me and she took a bloody great one of us!

While I was speaking to Olympia, I missed Stefan arrive for This Morning. I sent him another tweet explaining that I was at the other side of the ITV studios and he said he was already inside but there may be a chance at the end. There were a few other Neighbours fans waiting and we saw Stefan waiting as his car was being prepared, he was looking at his phone and he called out my name. I walked up to him and he walked up to me and greeted me with a handshake and said "glad you made it" an ITV member of staff quickly came up to me and asked me to remain behind the gate so Stefan walked up with me to the gate and posed for a picture with me.
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    Jason100 wrote: »
    I met Stefan Dennis and Olympia Valance (Holly Valance's sister) from Neighbours while they were in the UK recently.

As I knew Stefan was going to be on this morning, I tweeted him asking him if I could have a picture with him before he enters the this morning studios. He replied and said "I don't see why not" so I asked him what time he was going to be at This Morning and he said around 9.

As I got to ITV the next day, I got there just in time to catch Holly Valance and her sister Olympia leaving Lorraine Kelly's programme, they both were celebrating Neighbour's 30th Anniversary. Holly got straight in a car but there were four other vehicles waiting for Olympia and they didn't know which one she was supposed to get in. As Olympia walked through the gates the paps had a field day and she posed for some pictures with them.

Once Olympia was done with the paps, I called over to her and asked if I could have a picture taken and she was happy to oblige. I looked at the one I took but I had her almost cut out of shot! I quickly went back up to her and showed her the one I took and she was happy to pose again. I was struggling with the front camera on my phone and she offered to take this one for me and she took a bloody great one of us!

While I was speaking to Olympia, I missed Stefan arrive for This Morning. I sent him another tweet explaining that I was at the other side of the ITV studios and he said he was already inside but there may be a chance at the end. There were a few other Neighbours fans waiting and we saw Stefan waiting as his car was being prepared, he was looking at his phone and he called out my name. I walked up to him and he walked up to me and greeted me with a handshake and said "glad you made it" an ITV member of staff quickly came up to me and asked me to remain behind the gate so Stefan walked up with me to the gate and posed for a picture with me.

WOW amazing!!! They're probably my two favourite people in Neighbours so I'm pleased to hear both were so lovely. Stefan Dennis is a legend in my eyes and Olympia is stunning, so I'm most impressed you had such a great encounter with them both! :)
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember meeting the late comedian John Junkin at a TV studio.

Nice man, but one thing I did notice about him.

His pants seat was very greasy. :eek:
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    Tejas wrote: »
    WOW amazing!!! They're probably my two favourite people in Neighbours so I'm pleased to hear both were so lovely. Stefan Dennis is a legend in my eyes and Olympia is stunning, so I'm most impressed you had such a great encounter with them both! :)

I always think Stefan Dennis seems like a top bloke - he's got that relaxed aussie demeanour where he doesn't take things too seriously
  • Patent PendingPatent Pending Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    cavegirl79 wrote: »
    Fred 'the weatherman' Talbot - a real gent, posed for photos with us all and was very nice to talk to, and seemed a very pleasant man.

Delicious