the kate bush appreciation thread

digit aldigit al Posts: 1,124
Forum Member
✭✭✭
where do you start?...wuthering heights i suppose:)
but what other British songstress has given us such diverse music to enjoy over the years?
she writes and produces her own material, drives her own career and does things on her own terms.
my personal favourate album is the dreaming...every song on that album is like a mini dramatic film...astounding!
the hounds of love, of course, is also derservedly regarded as a modern classic, and areal the most talented return to form ever!!
very few songs miss the mark, if any, and the vocal on most make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up...hello earth from the ninth wave suite is spectacular as is the wedding list and there goes a tenner from earlier albulms.
this womans work, and so is love, the sensual world....FAB, FAB, FAB.............
I LOVE kate Bush:D

Comments

• PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh she is my favourite
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    Oh I lurve Kate Bush! she is just the best female artist ever in my opinion!

Her voice is so haunting and beautiful. I love Deeper Understanding from The Sensual World the most I think, but then she has so many amazing songs its hard to pick one.
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    Adore her.

Just as a treat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW3gKKiTvjs

enjoy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely worthy of appreciation.

I have vivid memories of becoming completely weak at the knees and awestruck when she was in front of me at a signing for the very first Comic Relief (for the utterly utterly merry Comic Relief book, which she had contributed something or other to).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,328
    Forum Member
    I ADORE the song "why should I love you",co written/produced with Prince:cool::cool::cool:
    From the red shoes album...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw42m5SosoE
  • digit aldigit al Posts: 1,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taboo wrote: »
    I ADORE the song "why should I love you",co written/produced with Prince:cool::cool::cool:
    From the red shoes album...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw42m5SosoE

i'm sure it was lenny henry who sang backing vocals on that...great song
    (the album version i meant!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love her!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,328
    Forum Member
    digit al wrote: »
    i'm sure it was lenny henry who sang backing vocals on that...great song
    (the album version i meant!)

Lenny Henry??:confused::D
    I prefer the album version too but couldnt find it on youtube:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    attention all fame seeking pop starlets
    take a leaf out of miss bush

take a 12 year break come back with a stunning album to just 2 interviews and then sees ya all later goodbye.....wonderful woman although i do miss her live

under the ivy on youtube is a beautiful track
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    A true musical genius imo. She was so ahead of her time. Got everything she's ever done and i find it so difficult to single out a favorite album. Really hope 'Aerial' wasn't her last album, we had to wait years for it didn't we? Was worth the wait though :cool:
  • SamhallowsSamhallows Posts: 2,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really know much of her stuff but I love her song This Woman's Work. It was used in an ITV drama with Tamzin Outhwaite, 'Walk away and I stumble'. I cried... :o and I blame the song :(

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jk2ok338CnU
  • RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For all the hype I wasn't too keen on 'Hounds Of Love', it (side B in particular) just seems to go in the same vein, indistinguishably. I like Kate best when she injects a bit more variety into the proceedings - 'The Dreaming' was her pinnacle for me, a truly unique album.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    Most hauntingly beautiful song ever, ever :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kate is my favourite artist ever. No-one comes close.
  • Bella TrixBella Trix Posts: 7,278
    Forum Member
    Running Up That Hill is an amazing song too.

My personal favourite is Under Ice. It's so creepy :D
  • Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Long live 'Wuthering Heights', EPIC song!!
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    here ..... another one from the beginning .....

wuthering heights and baboshka were EPIC songs ..... leading up to RUNNING UP THE HILL .....
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember hearing Kate Bush in 1978 when Wuthering Heights was released. It was incredible. There is something magical and mystical about Kate's songs. Her lyrics are deep and meaningful. I've been a fan of kate's since the first time I heard her back in the late seventies.
    Probably one of my favourite songs would have to be "Wow." Its sends the shivers down my spine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    harpanet wrote: »
    Most hauntingly beautiful song ever, ever :cry:

and to think she wrote that at something like 14yrs old.....:cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i cant pin myself down to a favourite song but among them all i also love ...
    delius
    egypt
    get out of my house
    ken
    under the ivy
    and, another day with peter gabriel
  • mystery girlmystery girl Posts: 2,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Kate Bush she is incredibly talented and I have more than one favourite song. Man with the child in his eyes is one of her best known and I like the duets she has done.
    She is diverse and unafraid to try anything.

MG.xx:)
  • IggymanIggyman Posts: 8,021
    Forum Member
    Another Kate fan here - her music is simply incredible. I too find it hard to pick a favourite album, all of them are excellent and there's certainly no 'bad' ones. I do love the second CD of Aerial though - that whole CD is incredibly haunting and beautiful.

I could go on ......... but I won't. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had to listen to The Dreaming this morning in celebration of this thread :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My favourite is 'Sunset' from Aerial... When the flamenco kicks in my heart soars....
  • OmahOmah Posts: 23,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Kate ..... :o

Love the videos, esp Babooshka, Running Up That Hill and Cloudbusting ..... :cool: