Xmas Special 2016

2»

Comments

• adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've started filming a few weeks ago. The Christmas special 2016 is the first thing that they are filming.

Except it isn't! The Christmas episode is due to be filmed in the autumn. They appear to be filming the the first few episodes of S10 before the Christmas ep.
    Edit. Bugger. I really should read the whole thread before answering posts. I see that this was already dealt with by Sam.... :blush:
  • Jedi_KnightJedi_Knight Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sam_Gee1 wrote: »
    No they haven't filmed the Christmas special, they were doing the start of s10.

So, when is the filming for the 2016 Christmas Special?

Cannot wait for the sneak peek/trailer at Children In Need.
  • Sam_Gee1Sam_Gee1 Posts: 1,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, when is the filming for the 2016 Christmas Special?

Cannot wait for the sneak peek/trailer at Children In Need.

Autumn apparently.
  • finn946finn946 Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    Presumably the Daleks will be a part of the Christmas special?

(I'm basing this on the agreement to have them feature at least once a year)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    finn946 wrote: »

The christmas special will either prove or debunk that theory. Hopefully they aren't in it.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Not modern day earth, we are always on modern day Earth.

Since this christmas special will have a bigger budget, cash in and go to an exotic world. Something new.

Um, no we're not. The only specials that were primarily set on modern Earth were The Christmas Invasion, The Runaway Bride and The End Of Time.

The Doctor, The Widow And The Wardrobe, The Snowmen, The Time Of The Doctor and Last Christmas had brief scenes on modern Earth but weren't mainly set there.

We do however need something big for this year's Christmas special. Something really attention grabbing that can hopefully draw people in who drifted away during Series 9 though. A multi-Doctor story might do the trick.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not modern day earth, we are always on modern day Earth.

Not quite. Sometimes it's Bristol which is like going back in time :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Um, no we're not. The only specials that were primarily set on modern Earth were The Christmas Invasion, The Runaway Bride and The End Of Time.

The Doctor, The Widow And The Wardrobe, The Snowmen, The Time Of The Doctor and Last Christmas had brief scenes on modern Earth but weren't mainly set there.

We do however need something big for this year's Christmas special. Something really attention grabbing that can hopefully draw people in who drifted away during Series 9 though. A multi-Doctor story might do the trick.

I am talking about New Who in general, modern Earth is always used.
  • AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    finn946 wrote: »

I'm still banking on a Cyberman presence...:o
  • adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Airborae wrote: »
    I'm still banking on a Cyberman presence...:o

Well there's always lots of, er, presence at Christmas!! ;-)
  • AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adams66 wrote: »
    Well there's always lots of, er, presence at Christmas!! ;-)

Even I missed that one! :)